Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.
Default Steinbach and Dockery off the market

John Clayton reporting Steinbach and Dockery both just signed with Cleveland and Buffalo respectively for about 7yr/49M each. Not good news for us if we're looking to get a decent deal on Davis or Columbo.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes View Post
John Clayton reporting Steinbach and Dockery both just signed with Cleveland and Buffalo respectively for about 7yr/49M each. Not good news for us if we're looking to get a decent deal on Davis or Columbo.
that would be 2 guards on the first day for the Bills. jeez
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that's the market, I'm out.

Draft a G and roll with him.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

yeah, makes me think we shoulda given Columbo what he wanted before free agency began which was a deal in the Gurode range. Now i'm guessing his value has gone way up and we will lose him. Also heard that While Davis wants to sign with Dallas his asking price is steeper than the Cowboys want to pay, so he will probably move on to Washington tonight....which means he'll sign there to replace Dockery on an overpriced contract. We may have to look to the draft and hope that McQuistan and Procter are ready to step in on the right side
Old 03-02-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Crap. Now we are not going to the SB because Jerry doesn't value O-line even though it is the most important part of football. f we don't sign Dielman and/or Colombo kiss our season good-bye.

Forget Davis.

And Steinbach is playing RT for the Browns. And no BigMac, one signed with the Browns, one with the Bills. The Bills didn't sign both......
Old 03-02-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh boo frickin' hoo... There are a ton of other Guards.

I've been talkin' up Montrae Holland and the 2 Colts Guards look attractive too.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Crap. Now we are not going to the SB because Jerry doesn't value O-line even though it is the most important part of football. f we don't sign Dielman and/or Colombo kiss our season good-bye.

Forget Davis.

And Steinbach is playing RT for the Browns. And no BigMac, one signed with the Browns, one with the Bills. The Bills didn't sign both......
Bills also signed Jason Whittle

I dont think we will sign a guard via FA but we will draft a guard early
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want a cheap guard. Last thing I want is to throw a boatload of money to Davis or Deilman and have them underperform. Rather get a cheaper Guard to a shorter contract and have him try to overperform.

Clements just got 80M... How much do you think Newman will cost us? Jerry, WILL spend the money.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I just want a cheap guard. Last thing I want is to throw a boatload of money to Davis or Deilman and have them underperform. Rather get a cheaper Guard to a shorter contract and have him try to overperform.
I'm with you. You can find guards.

Quote:
Clements just got 80M... How much do you think Newman will cost us? Jerry, WILL spend the money.
While I like TNew, I don't think he will command that much because he doesn't have the INTs that Clements does.

I don't think Clements is worth that kind of money. He's a good corner, but he's not the best defensive player in the league by any stretch.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm with you. You can find guards.

While I like TNew, I don't think he will command that much because he doesn't have the INTs that Clements does.

I don't think Clements is worth that kind of money. He's a good corner, but he's not the best defensive player in the league by any stretch.
I won't be surprised if this is TNew's best year by far...

He'll cost a pretty penny cause I can't imagine Jerry letting him go.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

Does anybody know if T-New's contract has a voidable year, bucause I know for a fact he signed a 7 year deal through the 2009 season.

http://nflpa.com/Resources/ActivePla....aspx?id=34489

I know about the article that said this was a contract year for him, but nowhere have I read that he had a voidable year, if anybody can find one i'd be interested to see the link.

As to the free agent guard search, I really hope we dont pay that much either, I just wish we had locked up Columbo before the madness of today had started. I want to save enough room for that huge contract Romo is sure to demand. I have some faith that between Procter/Mcquistan and the draft/2nd tier free agency we'll put something together on the right side of the line, and hey maybe Rivera can go 1 more year over there, we paid him enough.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

the question is do we want Rivera to go one more year? he was awful!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

He was bad last year, but there is something to be said for experience and continuity along a line. If he is healty he may be allowed to compete with Procter and or a rookie for the job.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

that's just it; his back is not healthy. he has had two back injuries and i'm not doctor, but i don't think he going to get better.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Most ridiculous overreaction I've seen in a long time. If we don't sign a guard, or re-sign Colombo, our season is over? Listen to yourself...
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Most ridiculous overreaction I've seen in a long time. If we don't sign a guard, or re-sign Colombo, our season is over? Listen to yourself...
Shhhh...He doesn't know there something called the draft......
Old 03-02-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello Blalock or Rameriez.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

More like... Hello Cory Proctor... Welcome back Marco Rivera... hahahahah.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More like... Hello Cory Proctor... Welcome back Marco Rivera... hahahahah.
Oh Dear God, don't even joke about that.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Kyle Kosier's 5 year, 15M dollar contract sounds real good right about now...

For all of Parcells faults, he did find 2 good guys in Kosier and Columbo.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Kyle Kosier's 5 year, 15M dollar contract sounds real good right about now...

For all of Parcells faults, he did find 2 good guys in Kosier and Columbo.
I still find it funny that every OL Parcells drafted or signed was white. I wonder why?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How much better does Blalock look now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Hello Blalock or Rameriez.
IF we dont get a guard, what are the odds we draft a guy like Blalock in round one, or trade down a few spots to draft one?

Would a guy like Blalock be worth more because we can groom him from the start then spend money on an average G?
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I still find it funny that every OL Parcells drafted or signed was white. I wonder why?
Not Ryan Young.

If I gave you the honest answer it would come across racist.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's because white people are smarter.

Is that any more racisist than saying Black people are faster? They say that on this board all the time.......

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Is that any more racisist than saying Black people are faster? They say that on this board all the time.......
I think black people have an advantage in atleticism.. There's a reason why you don't see many white men competing in the 100 meters or 200 meters in the Olympics.. Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis, Michael Johnson, Allen Johnson, Maurice Green, Asafa Powell, Justin Gatlin, Shawn Crawford... All the world's greatest in pure speed are and were black.. Jeremy Wariner is the only white guy who is having success.. But he runs the 400 meters..
In Italy Fiona May (who was a very good long jumper) is black and was on the italian team because she's married with an italian.. Our only athlete who can compete (and he's not on the level of the americans by any mean) is named Andrew Howe. His mother is from NY but she's married with an italian and she's black like his son..
I don't know if this can be considered "racism" but watching track & field often I've always heard that black people are more athletic than white people..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote