Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be lying if reading that article doesn't get me happy in my pants.

EDIT: Go to previous page to see the post I made because this taken out of context would be bad.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stuckey, rip, lebron, tay, bosh, sounds like team USA. which they did pretty well this year...gold

so yeah that'd be nice, but the past couple days are rekindling my manlove for AI. he'll get the 'michael jordan/lebron' calls from refs in the 4th quarter and he did awesome last year. 26.4 ppg, 7.1 apg, 2 spg, 80% free throw, 35% 3pt. i have a good john holmes analogy but i'll leave that for another time.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Oh how little you know about basketball. You can't resign with your former team for 30 days.

n00b
F a D, Wingy. F a D.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like that lineup of Stuckey/Rip/LeBron/Tay/Bosh. Tayshaun would have to go. I'm not playing him at PF.. That lineup would look a lot better with Maxiell instead of Tayshaun.. I just think we'd be better served with a Rebounder/Defensive Presence at the PF spot with that lineup. Tayshaun at PF and Bosh at Center is so soft. Dwight Howard could viciously rape both of them at the same time, without the use of GHB.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I don't like that lineup of Stuckey/Rip/LeBron/Tay/Bosh. Tayshaun would have to go. I'm not playing him at PF.. That lineup would look a lot better with Maxiell instead of Tayshaun.. I just think we'd be better served with a Rebounder/Defensive Presence at the PF spot with that lineup. Tayshaun at PF and Bosh at Center is so soft. Dwight Howard could viciously rape both of them at the same time, without the use of GHB.
The mere fact LeBron there is awesome. And he could play PF. I vote for STAT and LeBron.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it'd rotate with matchups, everyone would get their 20-35 mins depending on blowouts. luckily the nba regular season is a joke so they can balance whatever

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

wth is going on?

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pistons should trade everything that isn't nailed down.

Hamilton. Amir.

Try and get a lottery pick somehow.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Or we could just stop this terrible small ball lineup.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Or we could just stop this terrible small ball lineup.
In favor of what? We need another legitimate big man, and we're gonna have internal dissention with Iverson or Hamilton having to come off the bench.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

A - We're much better defensively with Amir starting at the 4.

B - Rip has changed his tune. From: http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...ever_help.html

Quote:
“Whatever makes us win, I’m going to go ahead and do it,” said Hamilton, who returned to action in Tuesday’s 80-78 loss to Charlotte after missing the previous eight games with a groin injury.

While Hamilton acknowledges telling a group of reporters last week that he didn’t want to come off the bench, he added that his feelings on the matter are consistent with most players who have spent the bulk of their career as starters.

“You can ask anybody who plays the game; nobody wants to come off the bench,” Hamilton said.

[…] Iverson, who is also under consideration to move from the starting lineup to a reserve off the bench, echoed similar sentiments.

“If I’m asked to come off the bench, I would think it’s to help the team,” Iverson said. “But I never felt me coming off the bench would help a team.”

Said Hamilton: “I know A.I., I know Tay, I know Sheed. We’re in it for one reason and that’s to win games. Whatever it is, we’ll do it.”

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-18-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd trade almost anyone on the team except for Stuckey and Tayshaun.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'd trade almost anyone on the team except for Stuckey and Tayshaun.
Pretty much. I'd keep Afflalo too. I like him.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
A - We're much better defensively with Amir starting at the 4.

B - Rip has changed his tune. From: http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...ever_help.html
That's great Wingy, but this team won't make it past the 2nd round, so why not blow it up a little more an prepare for next year's turnaround?
Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That's great Wingy, but this team won't make it past the 2nd round, so why not blow it up a little more an prepare for next year's turnaround?
Joe Dumars doesn't believe in blowing it up. HE'S A MAN, BABY!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-18-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Joe Dumars doesn't believe in blowing it up. HE'S A MAN, BABY!
Only by Mike Gundy's age requirements . . . otherwise, they ought to look towards next season.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Why isn't Maxiell playing much?

I must admit.. I haven't been into the Pistons as much since we traded away Billups.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why isn't Maxiell playing much?

I must admit.. I haven't been into the Pistons as much since we traded away Billups.
I saw something about him being in Curry's doghouse.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-18-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Haha, **** Curry.. Tayshaun is gonna take his job as coach just like he took his job at SF.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I read in The Oakland Press today that it wasn't about a feud vetween Curry and Maxiell, but rather that he's a 'victim' of the small lineup.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I read in The Oakland Press today that it wasn't about a feud vetween Curry and Maxiell, but rather that he's a 'victim' of the small lineup.
Except.. Maxiell is small himself.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Except.. Maxiell is small himself.
Yeah, but Prince is starting.

If they substitute, they actually go with bigger guys as a change of pace.

Or so I assume. I watch very little of the Pistons.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

I'm a huge Pistons fan, but no more. My direct TV NFL packaged rolled over this season. I called them back to cancel the package because this team is getting boring to watch. This team without an inside presence will go no where. You need a Rodman or Ben Wallace to do the dirty work. This team does not have that. Amir is frankly to weak and inexperienced. Maxiel is too short. I really hate any close to 7 footers, like Wallace, shooting 3s. I must be old school, but i like my power forwards and centers graping rebonds and getting close shots and going to the free throw line.

This team does not have enough balance. The trade they should of made is with Rasheed Wallace a long time ago. I can see us trying to free up some cap room for next year and hopefully we can land a good power forward.

Dumars drafting of Cleaves, Rodney White, and Darko really pissed me off. One thing i've noticed is that we've gone thru a carousel of coaches, but still the same GM. It is not normal to go thru so many coaches. I would say if Dumars would of done better in the draft, we would of even done better than we had. The fact we've had so many turnover in the coaches, make me believe that talent level was good but not good enough to win consistently. Once we lost, Ben Wallace...this team was no fun to watch.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote