Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-02-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Looks like we're not getting Stienbach...

I told you so...Depending on what happens with Ruben Brown I can still see us going offensive line high in the draft. If Ruben leaves I could see a guard in round one, if Blalock or Sears are still there. Although all of this contingent on what happens with Briggs and Jones.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
blkwdw13
Rookie

blkwdw13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He was to expensive anyways.
blkwdw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkwdw13 View Post
He was to expensive anyways.
I said that. Many times. I was right, smokey was wrong. Woot.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
I said that. Many times. I was right, smokey was wrong. Woot.
I never said he wouldn't be expensive, and I never said we should go heavily after him. All I said is that at the right price I wouldn't mind him... :)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Save the $ for Peanut,Vasher,Briggs,Tommie,Berrian etc..

Most of these guys cashing in are incredibly over rated.

Stienbach is a great guard, but not worth that money. Rube really wants to be here and will accept a reasonable contract.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Stienbach is a great guard, but not worth that money.

I think some teams/people still think he can play tackle or even center. I dont think he can be any better the slightly above average at those positions.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Save the $ for Peanut,Vasher,Briggs,Tommie,Berrian etc..

Most of these guys cashing in are incredibly over rated.

Stienbach is a great guard, but not worth that money. Rube really wants to be here and will accept a reasonable contract.
You are absolutely right. Sit on the space we have, don't spend it on a weak (yet overrated) FA class, and make sure we can re-sign the important guys.

Briggs might be a problem though, he's really ticked off about that tag.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

I dont think there are going to be that good of FAs for a while now. With the cap space increasing like it is, it will allow more teams to sign their own players. So I really dont see this massive overpaying for players is going to stop any time soon. Then again, its just going to be more expensive to sign the teams own free agents based on what the FA players are going to get.

I can easily see more teams going with the team building philosophy of building through the draft vs. what the Redskins have done in recent years. At least until these contracts catches up with them.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBear View Post
I dont think there are going to be that good of FAs for a while now. With the cap space increasing like it is, it will allow more teams to sign their own players. So I really dont see this massive overpaying for players is going to stop any time soon. Then again, its just going to be more expensive to sign the teams own free agents based on what the FA players are going to get.

I can easily see more teams going with the team building philosophy of building through the draft vs. what the Redskins have done in recent years. At least until these contracts catches up with them.
This is going to be sooo much like my madden franchise before I figured out how to beat the cap. You've got a good team, then suddenly the contracts go up more than the cap and you find yourself cutting players who are really really good because you can't afford them anymore.

I'll stop talking about the game now and move back to reality: these FA contracts are going to be a huge burden on these teams' salary caps in a few years. And the catchup should be happening quite fast.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
This is going to be sooo much like my madden franchise before I figured out how to beat the cap. You've got a good team, then suddenly the contracts go up more than the cap and you find yourself cutting players who are really really good because you can't afford them anymore.

I'll stop talking about the game now and move back to reality: these FA contracts are going to be a huge burden on these teams' salary caps in a few years. And the catchup should be happening quite fast.
I started thinking about that half way through my post. But if teams can get clever, and word the contract to the point where they can still cut the player without causing too much dead cap space it might take a little longer.

The NFL should consider putting some type of cap on the contracts to prevent these from getting out of hand.