Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-31-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Titans, Week 9

It's still alive. 4-0 when stickied, 0-3 when it's not. Hopefully it keeps up.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well THANKS alot for not stickying them before otherwise we would be 7-0! :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is the plan to have Al Harris move right back in to the spot he had before the injury? Having Harris, Harrell, and Bigby back is huge for this week.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go Titans!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
So is the plan to have Al Harris move right back in to the spot he had before the injury? Having Harris, Harrell, and Bigby back is huge for this week.
I cant believe i'm saying this but the biggest comeback is Bigby. Last year i wanted Rouse to play in his spot but in the playoffs he proved that he can be very valuable to this team. Aside from the loss of Jenkins, his loss is part of the reason why the run defense was slumping. Bigby is pretty much our own Bob Sanders.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
I cant believe i'm saying this but the biggest comeback is Bigby. Last year i wanted Rouse to play in his spot but in the playoffs he proved that he can be very valuable to this team. Aside from the loss of Jenkins, his loss is part of the reason why the run defense was slumping. Bigby is pretty much our own Bob Sanders.
I'm hoping Bigby can step in where he left off. I'm kinda worried that since Harrell, Harris and Bigby have missed a good amount of time that they may be a little rusty this week and we're going to have to play our best football of the year to beat the Titans.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mil_brew_fan
Rookie

mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.

Quote:
Bigby is not our Bob Sanders by any strech. The Packers problem defensively starts with the overweight and underachieving Ryan Pickett. Rouse is more consistent that Bigby is; Bigby hadn't done anything last year until the last couple games, including the playoffs. Rouse should stay in there and Bigby should play sparingly, along with Harris, this week.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_brew_fan View Post
Bigby is not our Bob Sanders by any strech. The Packers problem defensively starts with the overweight and underachieving Ryan Pickett. Rouse is more consistent that Bigby is; Bigby hadn't done anything last year until the last couple games, including the playoffs. Rouse should stay in there and Bigby should play sparingly, along with Harris, this week.
I'll agree with you on pass coverage Rouse is better but on run plays Bigby is a beast and is a better tackler than Rouse. Against a team like Titans who likes to run thats what you need. It seems like Rouse will still a lot of playing time even if Bigby is back.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll agree with you on pass coverage Rouse is better but on run plays Bigby is a beast and is a better tackler than Rouse. Against a team like Titans who likes to run thats what you need. It seems like Rouse will still a lot of playing time even if Bigby is back.
That is so right. I am a big Rouse fan, and wanted the Packers to start him over Bigby last year. But Bigby showed in December on that he does have ball skills and he hits so hard he frightens opponents. Guys dropping the ball anticipating Bigby hitting them is not something that shows up on the stats, just on the film.

After a couple of whacks from Bigby, we'll see if White and Johnson want to keep coming off center.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_brew_fan View Post
Bigby is so much better than Rouse. I know that there was a huge group of you guys that wanted Rouse last year, but I don't see how you could possibly still think that now.

Quote:
What makes you think that? Except for when we're in formations that use 3 safeties Rouse should and will be on the bench. Bigby and Collins are our starters and both are quite a bit better than Rouse.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Bigby is so much better than Rouse. I know that there was a huge group of you guys that wanted Rouse last year, but I don't see how you could possibly still think that now.

What makes you think that? Except for when we're in formations that use 3 safeties Rouse should and will be on the bench. Bigby and Collins are our starters and both are quite a bit better than Rouse.
I was listening to MM's press conference and it seems like they will use him in some packages on defense on pass situations. I'm just reading between the lines here...

The emergence of Collins will prevent Rouse from getting a starting spot on this team. Rouse has a lot of talent and great instincts but i was just watching some plays from last year and you cant help to notice how good Bigby is on the run game. The fact that now he's actually making plays on the ball now makes him a very good player. At least we know that if we lose one of Bigby or collins, we wont miss a beat with Rouse.

Last edited by Favre4ever : 11-02-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
mil_brew_fan
Rookie

mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.

Quote:
I was listening to MM's press conference and it seems like they will use him in some packages on defense on pass situations. I'm just reading between the lines here...

The emergence of Collins will prevent Rouse from getting a starting spot on this team. Rouse has a lot of talent and great instincts but i was just watching some plays from last year and you cant help to notice how good Bigby is on the run game. The fact that now he's actually making plays on the ball now makes him a very good player. At least we know that if we lose one of Bigby or collins, we wont miss a beat with Rouse.
Why is it so great that Bigby is good at stopping the run? If your safeties are making a lot of tackles, that's not good. Their responsibility is pass first; they aren't paid to stop the run. For every good play Bigby makes, he'll give a couple up. The size and ability that Rouse possesses will be better, in the long run, that Bigby; Rouse just has to get his time in.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Feeling confident about this, dunno why just have this feeling, I think it's all starting to come together for us now.

GO PACK GO!
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Momentum early. That's all it takes for this team to pull one out. If we can get a big play early then I like our chances. Same goes for the contrare. If the Titans get a lead early, even a touchdown, I think its going to be a steep uphill climb with their defense. I'm anxious to see Harris, Bigby, and Harrell.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not liking this.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Huge stop to keep it to just a field goal after a nice Titan's drive.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy with Titans settling for a field goal.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

After the way the Titans drive started I think everyone's just happy to give up a FG and come back with a nice drive here.

I still think we win.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
After the way the Titans drive started I think everyone's just happy to give up a FG and come back with a nice drive here.

I still think we win.
Yeah, a TD here would be really nice.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

I'll settle for a FG, I just don't want another 3 and out and the Titans get another FG/TD, like tjsunstein said, momentum is key in a game like this and we don't want to be playing catch up early on against a team like the Titans.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

That is why we can't get mad when Rodgers holds the ball too long. For everytime he gets sacked for not throwing it away he does at least one of those.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

Even though we didn't make it, I love that call to go for it, not sure I agree with a pass play there though, but I think it's right to go for it.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
Even though we didn't make it, I love that call to go for it, not sure I agree with a pass play there though, but I think it's right to go for it.
I don't dissagre with a pass, I just disagree with the kind of pass. The strength of our offense is our WRs, but we didn't have any in on that play. Instead we left it up to JerMichael Finley who hasn't done anything all year.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Stupid penalty. That could hurt big time.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Wow, this is one ugly game. How do one of them not come up with that pick? And Pickett had Jones 5 yards behind the line but couldn't get him down.

Sig by Hitman D.