Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-02-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
rumfinator
Rookie

rumfinator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
If that was an average game for Rodgers then i think we have the best QB in the NFL in our hands. I thought he was great today, was under pressure the whole game against a top 5 D but never looked nervous. Jennings is the one who had an average game when he failed to get to the first deep ball (the 2nd should have been PI).

Rodgers was the first QB to throw for 300 yards against the Titans this year BTW.
Yeah, our offense pretty much dictated what we did today. Unfortunately, when we got into the redzone, we got smacked in the mouth. There is a reason the Titans are 8-0.

Its tough to take positives away from a loss, but our offense moved the ball on one of the best defenses in the nfl.
rumfinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnett is playing like a damn chump this season. I don't know what the hell his problem is.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a team that when Rodgers or anyone for that matter turns the ball over, it seems to suck the life out of them. I think Rodgers played fairly well, I wouldn't say great but he has spoiled us with what he is capable of doing in weeks before that I expected it to be done today. He took two bad sacks to make it a long down, but not all the blame goes on him for that. Also, that INT was pretty uncharacteristic as he threw it to the inside shoulder when there was double coverage.

Trying to think what else beside the play call on third on longs to really nit pick on and I don't see anything aside from our run defense. What Tennessee has in that backfield will be tough for any defense to stop. Chris Johnson is straight fire when he puts the burners on and he isnt afraid of contact from what I have seen. White should not have broke that long run, that was also unacceptable.

Collins completed a couple passes over the middle that didnt make me too happy, especially on that last drive in the fourth quarter.

I feel like if Barnett did what he was assigned to do with Dunn a couple of weeks back, on Johnson, that a couple of big plays would have been prevented.

That fourth down call was terrible. All streaks? Really? On 4th and 1. You come out of a timeout and that's the play you have prepared? I think they were banking on a Rodgers scramble for first but there was alot of pressure. If they were thinking that Rodgers would scramble for the first it was dumb to not provide him with zero 'outs.'

The 3rd and 4 I think it was in overtime and they just ran it down our throat with LenDale was the dagger. Our right side of the D-Line got owned all day.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Barnett is playing like a damn chump this season. I don't know what the hell his problem is.
So true. Ive been questionning his play at middle LB since his draft year but last year was such a great year for him that it shut me up. He's very athletic but not consistent with his tackling and sometimes hes not physical enough.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poppinga's stupid *** 15 yard penalty on 3 & 10 after we stopped them turned out huge. They would have had to punt but they ended up driving and getting a FG, turns out to be pretty huge. We are losing the close games unlike last year when we won them.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to say good game guys. I thought ya'lls team fought and played hard. It was nice to see Justin Harrell in action. He looks way bigger than his days at UofTennessee. He was a team leader and fan favorite, most notably for him playing with only the use of one arm against Florida his senior year. Was not shocked at all when ya'll took him in the 1st RD a few drafts back.

Anyway, wish the best of luck to ya'll on the rest of the season, and hopefully we can do ya'll a favor by beating Chicago next week. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not worried about this game. we took an undefeated team to overtime on the road. can't win 'em all.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
not worried about this game. we took an undefeated team to overtime on the road. can't win 'em all.
It still was a tough loss though, so close. But yeah, a lot of positives can be taken from this game.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
“There’s no moral victories,” Rodgers said. “We wanted to get to 5-3. We felt like we had a great game plan. We were very aggressive. I just didn’t throw the ball as well as I wanted to today. I was disappointed in that, and I had two turnovers. So I’m very disappointed about the way I played.”

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...SFRONTCAROUSEL
I like this quote. Aaron has some fire in him and is always looking to improve. Being critical on yourself is important as a quarterback, I think.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I like this quote. Aaron has some fire in him and is always looking to improve. Being critical on yourself is important as a quarterback, I think.
I just want to say this, for a first year starter to go in Tenessee, the best D in the league, on the road and be the first QB to throw for 300 yards on that Defense in a long time and still be mad at himself, speaks volume about what he can become. Rodgers has a lot of talent and his attitude should make him a future pro bowler in the future.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
I just want to say this, for a first year starter to go in Tenessee, the best D in the league, on the road and be the first QB to throw for 300 yards on that Defense in a long time and still be mad at himself, speaks volume about what he can become. Rodgers has a lot of talent and his attitude should make him a future pro bowler in the future.
Yeah, but if he could be a future pro bowler in the past now that would be impressive.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, but if he could be a future pro bowler in the past now that would be impressive.
Jordy's working on it...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Jordy's working on it...
Working on doing it twice you mean..

Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
OOps! I guess i need to revise myself more lol....
Old 11-04-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Poppinga's stupid *** 15 yard penalty on 3 & 10 after we stopped them turned out huge. They would have had to punt but they ended up driving and getting a FG, turns out to be pretty huge. We are losing the close games unlike last year when we won them.
We've really hurt ourselves with dumb penelties this year in a few games this year.