Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
I would love for the Saints to sign him. On some passing downs, we could go with....

RE, Will Smith
DT, Sedrick Ellis
DT, Charles Grant
LE, KGB

And have DE, Bobby McCray come in as a blitzing LB.

Or.

RE, Will Smith
DT, KGB
DT, Charles Grant
LE, Bobby McCray
KGB would be oblitterated if he were a DT
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising one bit. No production lately and making way too much money. Thanks Sherman. Stick a form in him, he's done.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers have zero pass rush. Hope they take a look at him.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Chargers have zero pass rush. Hope they take a look at him.
A guy who hasn't provided pressure all year long isn't going to help that. 1/2 sack his season dude.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
A guy who hasn't provided pressure all year long isn't going to help that. 1/2 sack his season dude.
A change of scenery can always do some good. But yeah, I think he's clearly on the downside of his career.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not shocked at all. KGB has been pretty bad the last few seasons. I say he is done being a consistent threat.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KGB has always been 1 of my favorite packers and it has really pained me to see his decline the last few years. Hate saying it but he was pretty much garbage most of the year. Can easily see he's lost his burst and cant get it done anymore. I love the guy but I really don't see him producing anywhere else, kinda like a Simeon Rice situation. Teams will look at him and I'd be thrilled if he can produce again somewhere else, but he's done IMO.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
barreh
Rookie

barreh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Interesting, hes a weirdo, I wouldnt want him on my team. Keep your Crazy religion to yourself bud.
what religion is that?
barreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting, hes a weirdo, I wouldnt want him on my team. Keep your Crazy religion to yourself bud.
Huh, this is quite the interesting comment. Not really sure what you meant by it.

But for KGB, sad to see him go, but it definitely wasn't a surprise.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah lol what religion is that? He was Muslim at SDSU but he converted to Christianity while with Green Bay.. Now I dont wanna turn this into a religion discussion because football is the only religion I know well but I'm really curious what religion KGB was that was weird.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm am not even believing this... Wow.

I wonder who goes after him...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The ignorance spews.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I'd take him as a situational pass rusher. No doubt.

Sure he is getting older but he can still make an impact.
I think it's pretty funny how people keep saying things like this. That's the reason we cut him, because he couldn't get any pass rush. Yet fans of other teams want to sign him for that purpose. If he was still as good of a pass rusher as you're thinking we wouldn't have cut him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Isn't Cullen Jenkins out for the year already? Who is playing the other DE spot?
KGB's playing time really didn't increase after Jenkins went down. Some sort of rotation of Jason Hunter, Mike Montgomery, Jeremy Thompson, and Kenny Petway will be opposite Kampman.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KGB had 9 sacks up around the 10th game of the year or so and was doing very well in the 3rd down rusher role. Then he got hurt, and had .5 sacks the rest of the year and .5 sacks this year.

He leaves as the Packers' all-time rusher behind Reggie White, and probably would have had a longer career if Sherman didn't play him on 90-95% of the snaps. McCarthy had cut him back once Ted brought in some help and with the 9 sacks behind Cullen Jenkins last year, he was very effective. I think his body was too worn down from being a 240 pound DE playing so many snaps and just being a DE in the NFL for nine years.

Good luck KGB, "crazy religion" (He's an evangelical Christian. Yeah, like, that is so, like, weird, like, and stuff.) and all.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think it's pretty funny how people keep saying things like this. That's the reason we cut him, because he couldn't get any pass rush. Yet fans of other teams want to sign him for that purpose. If he was still as good of a pass rusher as you're thinking we wouldn't have cut him.

KGB's playing time really didn't increase after Jenkins went down. Some sort of rotation of Jason Hunter, Mike Montgomery, Jeremy Thompson, and Kenny Petway will be opposite Kampman.
yeah, he was basically a situational pass-rusher most of the last 3 years and his decline was very noticeable. Just because he used to be good doesnt mean he'll be able to just sign somewhere and return to form.

KGB right now = Simeon Rice last year
Old 11-02-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
yeah, he was basically a situational pass-rusher most of the last 3 years and his decline was very noticeable. Just because he used to be good doesnt mean he'll be able to just sign somewhere and return to form.

KGB right now = Simeon Rice last year
Yeah... he got injured last year and hasn't been the same since. Even before that he was never a full-time DE (or never SHOULD have been) and he is a major problem in the defensive run game.

Sorry to see him go, even moreso with how classy he's being about it. He had some really good years for us and you have to appreciate that!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with most, he's on the downside of his career, but that doesn't mean he's still totally unproductive... i think that there's some team out there who could REALLY use at least someone as dependable as him.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i agree with most, he's on the downside of his career, but that doesn't mean he's still totally unproductive... i think that there's some team out there who could REALLY use at least someone as dependable as him.
Yeah, as someone mentioned earlier, maybe a change of scenery would really do him good. But I still wouldn't expect anything great, he's on the downside of his career and it isn't getting any better any time soon.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets should pick him up to teach Gholston how to be a one dimensional player. oh wait
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Jets should pick him up to teach Gholston how to be a one dimensional player. oh wait
He'd fit in nicely with Favre and Franks as old players the Packers didn't want.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
It beats the non-dimensional player that he's been this year...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
He'd fit in nicely with Favre and Franks as old players the Packers didn't want.
He could also fit nicely with Sharper, Longwell, and Ferguson in Minnesota lol.