Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-10-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I'm just praying that Al isn't owner when the draft roles around.At this point I just don't have a clue what the situation will be.It doesn't look like Cable will be around so getting a guy like Andre Smith sounds great.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
The defense can hold its own? Since when?
Since the post - Hall era. :)

Of course when your defense is ranked in the bottom five of the league it logically hasn't held its own so to speak but as you pointed out they've played the third most snaps in the league and I do see glimpses of reason for some optimism at the very least. To counter that, offensively there is none whatsoever to speak of. Whether that comes down to coaching or not I do not know.

I do back the glorified 'take the best player available' approach especially due to our franchise's position / history however it is too vague and sometimes can hurt you moreso than help you in the long run if you continually wish to ignore the same glaring needs.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is a bigger need DE,DT or WR? Because is really looks like we are going OT in the first round (hopefully).

Also how many draft picks do we have?

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 11-11-2008 at 01:30 PM.
RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
What is a bigger need DE,DT or WR? Because is really looks like we are going OT in the first round (hopefully).

Also how many draft picks do we have?
Has to be WR. Even on the rare occasions that the QB has time he just holds the ball forever waiting for a receiver to get open. I like Lafells in the second round even though he has a case of the droppies.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Last edited by bernbabybern820 : 11-11-2008 at 01:48 PM.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Has to be WR. Even on the rare occasions that the QB has time he just holds the ball forever waiting for a receiver to get open. I like Lafells in the second round even though he has a case of the droppies.
True but in the last game we got destroyed last game on the run. Sands is a bust. So a DT is also a big possibility if some1 drops.

Also why do u still have the Randy Moss sig?

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-11-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
True but in the last game we got destroyed last game on the run. Sands is a bust. So a DT is also a big possibility if some1 drops.

Also why do u still have the Randy Moss sig?
If you subtract that 69 yard td he has 81 rushing yards. I wouldn't mind taking a DT if BJ Raji is there. I played against him in high school. Our offense is so damn bad i would rather have a WR though.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

1st LT
2nd WR
3rd DE
4th OLB
5th DT
6th WR
7th S

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-24-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

RAIDERS BIG BOARD should look like this IMO....

1. Andre Davis- LT
2. Michael Crabtree- WR
3. Michael Oher-LT
4. Michael Johnson- DE
5. Rey Mauluaga- MLB/OLB

They can look to get a DE or WR in round 2 if need be. In the mid rounds they need to get DT's and LB's.

Getting a bookend LT is a key this year. They just better make sure he has LONG arms and good feet. They don't want to make the same mistake twice like they did with Gallery. Gallery has aligator arms and they should have saw that during scouting. LT's need to have long arms and good feet. Gallery has played very well the past two years as his more natural position at LG though.

Last edited by Dark Knight01 : 11-24-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for fun....

1. Lions - Andre Smith
2. Bengals - Michael Oher
3. Chiefs - Brian Orakpo
4. Rams -Matthew Stafford
5. Seahawks - Michael Crabtree

Raiders
Round 1 - Eugene Monroe - LT
Its extremely important to get this LT problem fixed.

Round 2 - Percy Harvin - WR
Might have to trade back in the 1st if AL wants him and I think he will after missing out on Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal (trade bait could be Huff,Burgess,Bush)

Round 3 - Pannel Egboh - DE
I don't see Burgess coming back and we need more depth on the D-line.

4,6,7 should probably be more depth for the O-line and D-line.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rd1: Best OT available. Crabtree won't help. Another CB, regardless of what Nnamdi does, would be foolish and won't help at all. Orakbo would be great, but I think he goes ahead of us. I think Monroe goes ahead of us too, but I'm trying to remain hopeful.

Rd2: Trade back up into Rd1 and take Max Unger. He can play C, G, or RT. That's convenient, seeing as we need all 3.

After that, start taking stabs at WRs, high motor DLs, maybe even another OL.

Can't fix everything in one draft, so it's foolish to try. Focus on the O-line and try to get some sort of return out of the two top 5 busts we took these last two seasons.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think if we got Aaron Curry in the first round and an OT in rounds 2 and 3 possibly. Ive just been thinking if the Raiders draft something besides OT or WR in the first round. They should go to free agency for a WR. So

RD 1 - Aaron Curry - OLB - Wake Forest or Malcolm Jenkins - CB - Ohio St.
RD 2 - Phil Loadholt - OT - Oklahoma
RD 3 - Alex Boone - OT - Ohio St.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why on earth would we draft an OLB in the first round? Then we'd have 3 awesome LB's but it wouldn't matter because our DL would still suck.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:17 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

imo curry won be there at 7, so we should draft a OL, like Oher or Monroe.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
imo curry won be there at 7, so we should draft a OL, like Oher or Monroe.
I still pass on Curry even if he is there, in the big picture he would become a useless asset for us. Only scenario I pass on one of the elite tackles is if Crabtree is still avaiable, but I don't foresee that happening. I don't think he makes it out of the top 5, to be honest.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i can only agree with you!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Why on earth would we draft an OLB in the first round? Then we'd have 3 awesome LB's
We have what?

Seriously?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
What do you guys think if we got Aaron Curry in the first round and an OT in rounds 2 and 3 possibly. Ive just been thinking if the Raiders draft something besides OT or WR in the first round. They should go to free agency for a WR. So

RD 1 - Aaron Curry - OLB - Wake Forest
RD 2 - Phil Loadholt - OT - Oklahoma
RD 3 - Alex Boone - OT - Ohio St.
I dunno about Loadholt if we're still zone blocking, but I could get behind this concept. Curry would be one of those BPA picks we hear so much about, but never actually take.

He'd be the only guy on our defense who could shed a block, so that would be a nice change.

Still, I'm hoping that Hakeem Nicks fudges his 40 yard dash and is sitting there when we pick in Rd2. We'd just have to hope the old man has dozed off by then.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So im thinking the first three rounds would look good like this...

RD 1 - Eugene Monroe - OT - Virginia
RD 2 - Hakeem Nicks - WR - North Carolina
RD 3 - Ron Brace - DT - Boston College
RD 4 - Marcus Freeman - OLB - Ohio St.

Last edited by Donno : 01-07-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
We have what?

Seriously?
Did I miss something?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

The play of our LBs, apparently.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, he said that if we drafted Curry, we'd have three awesome linebackers. Which is correct, depending on your feeling about Morrison.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

You don't think Morrison and Howard are good linebackers Abaddon? lol
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I'm not as impressed with Morrison as probably are other Raider fans, but I think we would still have a solid trio by adding Curry. Obviously that would not do much to solving our team's real problems so I don't think it should be considered all that much. It is better than reaching on someone like Maclin or even Harvin for that matter though.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
You don't think Morrison and Howard are good linebackers Abaddon? lol
You didn't say "good". You said "awesome".

Morrison as Howard are middle of the road 'backers at best right now. Nothing at all special about Morrison, and Howard's speed can only do so much. Alston is a STer playing LB.

None can shed blocks. None show discipline. None have the ability to tattoo anyone.

Morrison whiffs 2-3 tackles every game. He's embarrassing. There are games where he looks like Stuart Schwiegert wearing a LB's jersey. He's also not very good in man coverage.

Our LBs get no help at all from our trash D-line, and they're not coached especially well. Al's approach to defense is nonsensical garbage. But even on an actual NFL defense, Morrison is merely average. Howard might make it as a starter, but Morrison looks like a reserve to me.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Well, I would have to disagree with you there. I like them both, a lot. To say that they are both middle of the road 'backers is laughable. They are two of the better young, talented linebackers around IMO. I'll admit that Morrison misses his fair share of tackles, but I think if we had a half competent d-line and a d-coordinator that knew how to run a 4-3 our LB's would be in a much better position to make plays.