Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
The two guys atop my Raiders big board right now after the Cable hiring would probably be B.J. Raji and Andre Smith. I know there are rumors Cable would look elsewhere than OT in round one, but Andre Smith would look awfully nice on the right side across from Super Mario ..
Something tells me Cable won't have much say in who we draft.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

Here is my revised Raider mock if a TRADE DOWN occurs, which it should!

This is what the old man should do if he TRULY wants this team to get TOUGHER, STRONGER, NASTIER in the trenches.

TRADE DOWN no more than 5 spots if they canÖ.

With the 1st pick Draft a beast DE who can do it all and play as a standup pass rusher as well in Everette Brown.

Round 2 draft a DT like Ron Brace or Evander Hood, and then with the other 2nd round pick aquired in the trade down get a OT like Kropok who fits the ZBS and can play RT.

3RD round get a Center like AQ Shipley who can play in the ZBS.

Then in the 4TH round draft a WR like Patrick Turner.

Boom! The team is that much tougher and physical in the trenches and you get nice big target who hasnít peaked yet in Patrick Turner who will be able to contribute right away most likely and can run block.

In the later rounds they should draft a blocking TE who can still catch the ball and a blocking like FB Quinn Johnson from LSU since OíNeal is not going to be ready to play next season.

Thatís a mans draft and it all starts with TRADING DOWN and getting an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick!
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Would be better to take a guy who could actually play LT just in case Henderson falls on his face, which is entirely likely.

I'm hoping for Monroe/Jason Smith, expecting Maclin, and already prepared to laugh at how ridiculous our draft was.
And to top things off a CB in round two!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

1. malcom jenkins -cb
2. eben britton - ot
3. aaron maybin - de
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All three of those players are likely first rounders.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
1. malcom jenkins -cb
2. eben britton - ot
3. aaron maybin - de
All of those guys are 1st round picks. Britton has a slight chance to fall to us though. We have no need for Jenkins unless Aso leaves and thats not likely. Id go either Crabtree or a OT in round 1, then WR or OT in the 2nd then dline in the 3rd

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Big Board...

1. Eugene Monroe
2. Jason Smith
3. Michael Crabtree
4. Andre Smith
5. B.J. Raji
6. Jeremy Maclin
Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

The last few years you had a clue who the Raiders would take this year there is so many possibility's its not even funny.

Ill still go Monroe over anybody at this point.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I'm pretty sure its going to be Maclin.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's mine.

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Andre Smith
3. Eugene Monroe
4. Jason Smith
5. Jeremy Maclin
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Eugene Monroe OT
2 Michael Crabtree WR
3 Jason Smith OT
4 Andre Smith OT
5 Jeremy Maclin WR
6 Michael Oher OT
7 BJ Raji NT

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I'm pretty sure its going to be Maclin.
More than likely. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but...that's our Al.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

How about a new updated Raider Mock with a trade down.....

Trade down 5 spots....

Round 1- DE Everette Brown or Orakpo
Round 2a- WR Kenny Britt
Round 2b- DT Ron Brace or Ziggy Hood
Round 3- RT Troy Kropog
Round 4- LB Jasper Brinkley
No 5th Rounder yet
Round 6- FB Quinn Johnson

Last edited by Dark Knight01 : 02-03-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Crabtree is number one on the Raiders list, Jamarcus, DMC, and Crabtree would be very solid for years. I think the Raiders need to spend a minimum of two rounds on the offensive line. As of now I think it would be

Rd 1 - Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
Rd 2 - Troy Kropog - OT - Tulane
Rd 3 - Jarron Gilbert - DT - San Jose State
Rd 4 - Ryan McKee - OT - Southern Miss
Old 02-04-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
I say Crabtree is number one on the Raiders list, Jamarcus, DMC, and Crabtree would be very solid for years. I think the Raiders need to spend a minimum of two rounds on the offensive line. As of now I think it would be

Rd 1 - Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
Rd 2 - Troy Kropog - OT - Tulane
Rd 3 - Jarron Gilbert - DT - San Jose State
Rd 4 - Ryan McKee - OT - Southern Miss
Why draft 2 OT's?

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-04-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Do you guys think a guy like Loadholt would be a good 2nd round pick? He isnt the ideal fit for a ZBC, but as a RT we would be able to run behind him all day.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

I think hes better fitted for G.Theres to many quick DEs that could abuse him all day.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Why draft 2 OT's?
We can easily plug someone into RG if needed, maybe a C may seem more realistic.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
More than likely. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but...that's our Al.
If Cable has just a little input in this draft then that's just not happening.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Still think take the best OT on the board.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:00 AM    (permalink
garethjwelsh
Rookie

garethjwelsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I found the comments made in Cable's intro press conference interesting.

First they seem happy with super mario, and considering Cable's ZBS background I would expect them to leave OT until the later rounds. I also found it interesting that Al said Mario was his pick, that might explain why Kiffin was always ragging him. I have a feeling Al thinks he is set at OT, and guards and centres will be had on the 2nd day.

Al also seemed hapy with JLH and Schilenz(sp?) at WR, which makes me think he might not draft there either... Which is a scary thought.

So who are we taking? Not another DB... surely... maybe Defensive Linemen, which would not be too bad really..
garethjwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I don't think that necessarily rules out a guy like Andre Smith if he plays the right side. Also selecting a DB that high would be a very, VERY scary thought considering Al's recent history. Raji or Orakpo could be the other possibilities although I'll be honest to say I really have no ******* clue anymore, lol.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Id wouldnt be mad if we picked Raji, Orakpo or Maclin. I wouldnt be happy but Id take it. If we draft any DB I will be pissed.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-07-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i won't be shocked if undead al takes jenkins @ 7
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

I wouldn't take anything they said to serious in that press conference.