Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default 2010 Wr!!!

The Following Will Be Free Agents 2010 - With There Age In 2010

Derrick Mason, WR, Baltimore Ravens - 36
Hines Ward, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers - 34
Laveranues Coles, WR, New York Jets - 32
Chris Chambers, WR, San Diego Chargers - 31
Mark Clayton, WR, Baltimore Ravens - 27
Matt Jones, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 27
Braylon Edwards, WR, Cleveland Browns - 27
Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons - 27
Brandon Marshall, WR, Denver Broncos - 26
Greg Jennings, WR, Green Bay Packers - 26

Do you think any of the young guys will make free agency?
With the contracts going up and teams having to pay top prices with the
franchise tags I think some of these guys actually may not get the tag.

Last edited by The Legend : 11-02-2008 at 09:44 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon should keep dropping passes and then come to Philly and stop dropping passes! I would bust a nut to see him playing for the Eagles
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doubt they ever touch free agency. Doubt Ward does either, he seems to be a Steeler for life. Hester probably won't go anywhere either, but I don't consider him a WR until he actually does something anyways.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Devin Hester, WR, Chicago Bears - 27

Do you think any of the young guys will make free agency?
With the contracts going up and teams having to pay top prices with the
franchise tags I think some of these guys actually may not get the tag.
Not a damn chance
Very unlikely
Probably not
Yes
Old 11-02-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jennings makes it to FA then I will stop being a fan. I think of that list only Mason, Chambers, and Clayton actually make it there. It's nice to dream that Marshall will be up for grabs but realistically..no.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

My bad i forgot Hester got that new deal
Old 11-02-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, Hester was already resigned.

and I don't see any of the youngest 4 touching FA.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

muahahah Boldin locked up through 2011

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
muahahah Boldin locked up through 2011
Do you think he's still going to be with the team? I know there was alot of speculation this offseason but he seems to be happy now..

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Braylon Edwards, Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, and Greg Jennings. I think there going to ask for Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald money. 6 Years 60 Million or 4 Years 40 Million.

And I don't know if all of them will get that type of money. I think Roddy White can hold out for some crazy dollars. Knowing that they paid so much for Matt Ryan and they wont take away his only receiver. I can honestly see him being the most paid receiver in the league.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Do you think he's still going to be with the team? I know there was alot of speculation this offseason but he seems to be happy now..
Media being stupid, kept quoting him out of context and such, we have a lot of leverage in the situation with emergence of Breaston, Doucet looking good in limited action and him being locked up until his early 30's

it's amazing that he is leading all WRs in TD's with only playing 6 games

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Braylon should keep dropping passes and then come to Philly and stop dropping passes! I would bust a nut to see him playing for the Eagles
Braylon has TWELVE drops already, and those are official drops, he has more that he should have caught and... Well doesn't.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matt Jones will be lucky to still be in the league.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
Matt Jones will be lucky to still be in the league.
If teams will take a risk on Pacman they will take a risk on Matt Jones.

I know its cocaine and thats a huge deal, but its his first offense.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 11-02-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
If teams will take a risk on Pacman they will take a risk on Matt Jones.

I know its cocaine and thats a huge deal, but its his first offense.
Difference is that Pacman has shown that he can be a difference maker. Not so much for Cokeman.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post

Doubt they ever touch free agency. Doubt Ward does either, he seems to be a Steeler for life. Hester probably won't go anywhere either, but I don't consider him a WR until he actually does something anyways.
I agree on Ward. He'll be 34 but he's a guy I could see playing till 40 like Rice.

He's still reliable, effective and hits hard. He might start getting smaller roles and I'm sure his contract won't be huge, but, he could be here until he's about 40.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I agree on Ward. He'll be 34 but he's a guy I could see playing till 40 like Rice.

He's still reliable, effective and hits hard. He might start getting smaller roles and I'm sure his contract won't be huge, but, he could be here until he's about 40.
Hits hard lol, were talking about a WR here buddy not a Safety or Linebacker where being a hard hitter means something.

I could see him being around for a few more seasons though. Pittsburgh probably hold onto him if hes still effective.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Difference is that Pacman has shown that he can be a difference maker. Not so much for Cokeman.
Ah, but Punkman was only a difference maker two years ago.

Punkman and Cokeman should just give up on football and fight crime like the rest of us.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons better give Roddy White a deal before he becomes too much of a beast. I can't see the Falcons letting him go though, especially cause of the chemistry already developed between he and Ryan.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Marshall getting out of Denver. I think he'll be locked up soon.

Oh, and Roddy White will be 29. Happy birthday to my fantasy beast.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Pacman was out of football for over a year, Matt Jones is playing good NOW.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers will lock-up Jennings after this season, count on it.

Screw Braylon Edwards.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway, as far as the potential FA WR's go...

Derrick Mason, WR, Baltimore Ravens - 36

Good ole D-Mase. I'll guess he hits FA. Maybe go to a likely contendor (tho the Ravens may be one if Flacco continues to develop) who wants a vet WR.

Hines Ward, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers - 34

Gotta think he'll be a Steeler for life. His run blocking ability will still make him valuable at age 34.

Laveranues Coles, WR, New York Jets - 32

With Jerricho Cotchery being the future, I'd say Coles is expendable. Word was that he was upset over the team releasing Chad Pennington in favor of Favre, so maybe he'll head to the 'Phins.

Chris Chambers, WR, San Diego Chargers - 31

Chambers will hit FA. What separates him from guys like Vincent Jackson? Besides, they have youngsters in the wings like Legedu and Buster Davis who'll probably have developed well enough by then to let Chambers go.

This entirely depends of Flacco. If Flacco develops a chemistry with Clayton, and also continues to progress at the QB position, then I don't see how the Ravens can let Clayton hit FA. But, Clayton has the same syndrome as his cousin Michael Clayton (I dunno if they're really cousins...) of having a great rookie season, but then being meh from then of out, he'll be a FA.

Interesting tid bit. Mark Clayton was selected out of Oklahoma in the 1st RD of the '05 Draft. His teammate, Brandon Jones, was taken by the Titans in the 3rd RD of the '05 Draft. So far this season, Clayton has 13 Rec, 98 yds, 14 YPG, 7.5 YPC, 2.7 YAC, and 0 TD. Brandon Jones has 15 Rec, 180 yds, 25.7 YPG, 12 YPC, 4.1 YAC, and 0 TD's.

Just wanted to point that out cuz Brandon Jones is the Titans 3rd string WR, and should be starting over the Justins. But he's not...which is stupid...cuz he's the best, man! You don't even know!

He played well early this season, but now is having to deal with his drug bust earlier this year. If he stays clean and continues to play well, I say he stays in Jax.

If he keeps dropping balls and killing my fantasy team, I may have to bench him for Lee Evans! *suspenseful music plays* As for real football, I say he stays in Cleveland. Dropsies or not, he's one of the best WR's in the NFL for his age.

SIGN HIM UP ATL!!!

Character's a concern, and Eddie Royal is playing well for a rookie, but Cutler/Marshall could be a prolific duo for many years to come. He should stay in Denver.

No way Jennings should hit FA. He's been awesome since his rookie year. He's the future and Donald Driver's heir.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
Hits hard lol, were talking about a WR here buddy not a Safety or Linebacker where being a hard hitter means something.

I could see him being around for a few more seasons though. Pittsburgh probably hold onto him if hes still effective.

Ask Bart Scott, Ed Reed, Keith Rivers if you have to respect Hines Wards ability to "Hit Hard"

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Hines Ward playing time may lower but he always will be a steeler and will always be a hard hitter. You just know that guys gonna give you everything he has not ask for big dollars and be a great team leader why would you let that go.