Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Well UB does have future All-Pro Oline...
no disrespect to the mac (which is the most fun conference to watch)... they're marginally better than the aformentioned pro teams.

i'd sell my house if i could watch like ball state vs detroit.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Quality of opponents?

He's playing offensive lines that wouldn't even make it in the MAC.

Well first off they would. Second off, I forgot John made up the Falcons schedule this year and put himself up against some easier opponents. I guess he's also the only DE in the league that gets to go up against these same players correct?
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
Pretty poor attempt at sarcasm. This is apart of my work. You can believe it or not. Quite frankly, I do not care. And to AQ, the stats aren't online or anything like that, mainly is because they are looked at differently from team to team. It's all a matter of how you define a QB pressure, and stats like that. You'll sometimes see coaches state how a player has more tackles then given credit for, etc. It all falls into the same mold. Babineaux has been strong this year, I'd agree. I personally think that you're overrating him though. He's a good pocket pusher. He's got playmaking ability, (one of the top in TFL), but for the most part I'd say Babs benefits from Abe more then vica-versa.
Seriously, have u any prove u could like show us? or are u just gonna state it

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Seriously, have u any prove u could like show us? or are u just gonna state it

Not really anything. It's just a matter if you believe me or not, which I know most probably do not. As a group, we've got John Abraham as the top DE in pressures thus far with Tuck and Mario a few behind. I'm not going to release the actual papers and stuff, but that's what there is. You could go to another person, and he could have something different because as I stated, pressures isn't really official. It's a matter of watching, and determining what you think a pressure really is. Whether it's a hit on a QB, making him not be able to go through progressions, etc.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so why dont u release it? why?

Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is defensive ends but Justin Tuck's hybrid size and speed which allows him to dominate on the pass rush inside or out and his ability to stop the run and cause havoc all along the line makes him the best de/overall d-lineman in the league so far this year. His motor is ridiculous it's amazing what the guy can do especially with Uminenyora and Strahan out, he plays 120% on every snap it seems. A lot has to go to Spags too and the way he has legitimized that defense in the past couple years without top talent to be one of the leagues best.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I know this is defensive ends but Justin Tuck's hybrid size and speed which allows him to dominate on the pass rush inside or out and his ability to stop the run and cause havoc all along the line makes him the best de/overall d-lineman in the league so far this year. His motor is ridiculous it's amazing what the guy can do especially with Uminenyora and Strahan out, he plays 120% on every snap it seems. A lot has to go to Spags too and the way he has legitimized that defense in the past couple years without top talent to be one of the leagues best.
I really love how spags takes advantage of our depth by rotating guys keeping them fresh and using his guys in different ways, it'll really be a shame if he leaves for a HC job.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really love how spags takes advantage of our depth by rotating guys keeping them fresh and using his guys in different ways, it'll really be a shame if he leaves for a HC job.
I think that Minnesota should go after him hard, I'd be surprised if he doesn't take a job after this season.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I think that Minnesota should go after him hard, I'd be surprised if he doesn't take a job after this season.
yeah, me to :( I'm actually hoping we repeat this season, not because it's so important that we win another title but because I want coughlin to retire so we can promote spags to keep him with the team.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
so why dont u release it? why?

My employer doesn't release it for whatever reason they have, so as an employee I wouldn't feel comfortable releasing it.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My employer doesn't release it for whatever reason they have, so as an employee I wouldn't feel comfortable releasing it.
dude that's not cool, demand that they return your balls to you immediately.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
dude that's not cool, demand that they return your balls to you immediately.

Wouldn't want to loose my job for anything.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do you have to sit down when you pee?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll never loose your job. You may lose your job, but it's impossible to loose a job.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

its just awesome when someone comes on here, states something, and then tries to back it up with another statement and then wants to convince others with that

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 11-06-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

My list (10 4-3 and 5 3-4 Ends)

4-3
1. Mario Williams
2. Justin Tuck
3. Jared Allen
4. Osi Umenyiora (I knwo he's hurt but he's still def. a top 5 end)
5. Patrick Kearney
6. Julius Peppers
7. Trent Cole
8. Kyle VanDen Bosch
9. John Abraham
10. Aaron Kampman

3-4
1. Haloti Ngata
2. Luis Castillo
3. Aaron Smith
4. Ty Warren
5. Richard Seymour

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well first off they would. Second off, I forgot John made up the Falcons schedule this year and put himself up against some easier opponents. I guess he's also the only DE in the league that gets to go up against these same players correct?
The lions have been sacked 27 times, or 3 sacks per game (abe had 3). The Chiefs have been sacked 23 times, or 2.5 sacks per game (abe had 2). The Raiders have been sacked 22 times. or 2.5 times a game (abe had 3). Average NFL team's sacks allowed? 1.2 sacks per game?

I bet if atlanta played the patriots... abe would have a field day too. they've allowed 29 sacks on the year!

Anyway. do you understand the concept of the math? Abe beats up on the teams everyone already beats up on. If he's scoring the same number of sacks against the same teams that everyone is scoring the same number of sacks against...

If you want to get better data... Wait a few weeks after carolina rakes detroit or tampa plays oakland... you'll see what common opponents do to those teams... and what gaines adams and peppers will do to such weak lines... if you want proof. there will be your proof.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
its just awesome when someone comes on here, states something, and then tries to back it up with another statement and then wants to convince others with that

Yeah. It's awesome. I could just say he leads the NFL in sacks for a DE, and be done with it, but I actually tried to show something else from what I've seen. Sorry.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
The lions have been sacked 27 times, or 3 sacks per game (abe had 3). The Chiefs have been sacked 23 times, or 2.5 sacks per game (abe had 2). The Raiders have been sacked 22 times. or 2.5 times a game (abe had 3). Average NFL team's sacks allowed? 1.2 sacks per game?

I bet if atlanta played the patriots... abe would have a field day too. they've allowed 29 sacks on the year!

Anyway. do you understand the concept of the math? Abe beats up on the teams everyone already beats up on. If he's scoring the same number of sacks against the same teams that everyone is scoring the same number of sacks against...

If you want to get better data... Wait a few weeks after carolina rakes detroit or tampa plays oakland... you'll see what common opponents do to those teams... and what gaines adams and peppers will do to such weak lines... if you want proof. there will be your proof.

I'll wait. I'm not going to blame Abraham for the fact that the Falcons have played teams with poor OLs and he's taken advantage. If Gaines Adams and Peppers have more sacks at the end of the year, which appears to be the tell-all to most of you here, I'll talk then.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Yeah. It's awesome. I could just say he leads the NFL in sacks for a DE, and be done with it, but I actually tried to show something else from what I've seen. Sorry.
well it wouldve brought the same results: absolutely nothing

Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
well it wouldve brought the same results: absolutely nothing

Exactly, so what magical thing are you looking for?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Exactly, so what magical thing are you looking for?
An argument based on prove

Old 11-06-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Guys give it up already.

One of you think Abraham is top notch, the other doesn't. One forms his opinion on numbers, the other forms it by watching football. Neither of you are gonna get anywhere with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i think he is top notch. not the best

Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
An argument based on prove

And I've never said he's the best. He's been the best this year, half a season, yes. But the proof is in his sack totals. Once again, it's not his fault based on how the schedulers came up with what they did. Maybe if he gets 2-3 more sacks the rest of the season, fine, I'll agree. But I'm not going to fault the guy for taking advantage of what's been presented when he's also done it against teams like the Bucs and Packers.