Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not the best this season, sry

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
The lions have been sacked 27 times, or 3 sacks per game (abe had 3). The Chiefs have been sacked 23 times, or 2.5 sacks per game (abe had 2). The Raiders have been sacked 22 times. or 2.5 times a game (abe had 3). Average NFL team's sacks allowed? 1.2 sacks per game?

I bet if atlanta played the patriots... abe would have a field day too. they've allowed 29 sacks on the year!

Anyway. do you understand the concept of the math? Abe beats up on the teams everyone already beats up on. If he's scoring the same number of sacks against the same teams that everyone is scoring the same number of sacks against...

So now I'm looking at this again, and I think I do understand the math. Basically what you are presenting is that Abraham has outsacked entire teams that have gone up against the Raiders, Lions, and almost the same as the Chiefs? Interesting.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
So now I'm looking at this again, and I think I do understand the math. Basically what you are presenting is that Abraham has outsacked entire teams that have gone up against the Raiders, Lions, and almost the same as the Chiefs? Interesting.
I actually thought the same things when I looked at that. Not sure what the point of that post was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
not the best this season, sry

And look at all the proof you bring to the table as well!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the games, or even the highlights, u can see him 1vs1 a lot of times. Just look at the highlights of the Bears Atlanta game, u see him clearly 1vs1 on St.Clair, he brought some pressure, yes, but every good DE should against him. He is on a lot, and i mean alot of 1vs1 situations everytime u watch any highlights of him/the Falcons.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

You can't honestly base your opinion of a player on highlights.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-06-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

thats why i also mentioned the bears/falcons game. I just mean all those plays on those highlights on NFL.com alone show u no double team at all, alot on the DT. I just watched The bears/packers/Tampa bay highlights

Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

If all you're watching is highlights...I'm sorry but your opinion of him means nothing.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Looking at the games, or even the highlights, u can see him 1vs1 a lot of times. Just look at the highlights of the Bears Atlanta game, u see him clearly 1vs1 on St.Clair, he brought some pressure, yes, but every good DE should against him. He is on a lot, and i mean alot of 1vs1 situations everytime u watch any highlights of him/the Falcons.

You are watching highlights and you see him take advantage on 1 on 1 situations. Fans, and someone who watches the film like myself tells you that he's effective enough to bring pressure and attract double teams, and has been an strong run defender... what else do you want from him? The only possible thing I could see is that he doesn't play EVERY snap, but is from from a 3rd down only guy, and generally plays all the time in tight games.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
You are watching highlights and you see him take advantage on 1 on 1 situations. Fans, and someone who watches the film like myself tells you that he's effective enough to bring pressure and attract double teams, and has been an strong run defender... what else do you want from him? The only possible thing I could see is that he doesn't play EVERY snap, but is from from a 3rd down only guy, and generally plays all the time in tight games.
no, i watch the highlights of the game, and all those passing attempts by the opposing team, scoring, for yards, or interceptions, u only see him 1vs1.

Im not basing my opinion of him of highlights. I saw the Bears vs Falcons game. I also saw the game against the eagles. All i am saying is that u hardly see him double teamed, just like a lot of other guys already stated

Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
no, i watch the highlights of the game, and all those passing attempts by the opposing team, scoring, for yards, or interceptions, u only see him 1vs1.

Im not basing my opinion of him of highlights. I saw the Bears vs Falcons game. I also saw the game against the eagles. All i am saying is that u hardly see him double teamed, just like a lot of other guys already stated
I watched the Eagles game too...and he was chip blocked all day.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-06-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I watched the Eagles game too...and he was chip blocked all day.
That. Plus if you watched it, you would have heard the announcer even talking about what a tough time he was giving Thomas around the edge. That's one game in which I was thinking WTF, because he wasn't on the field enough IMO.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Surprised this thread didn't get bumped back up. Speaking of surprises, I got one on Sunday. John Abraham had 9 quaterback hurries to go along with a sack. But wait? I thought that Abraham only beats up on teams with poor OT's or QB's who don't get rid of the ball quickly? It was pretty surprising to watch unfold.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Surprised this thread didn't get bumped back up. Speaking of surprises, I got one on Sunday. John Abraham had 9 quaterback hurries to go along with a sack. But wait? I thought that Abraham only beats up on teams with poor OT's or QB's who don't get rid of the ball quickly? It was pretty surprising to watch unfold.
again, any official prove for the hurries?

I still believe Abraham is a top5 DE this season, jsut to say he is the best of the bestest is foolish

Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
again, any official prove for the hurries?

I still believe Abraham is a top5 DE this season, jsut to say he is the best of the bestest is foolish

Not on me, but it's very easy to find or confirm. Anyone who watched the game on FOX would tell you that they posted a stat at towards end of the game which said something to the effect of 8 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, 1 sack.

How exactly is it foolish to call someone with the most sacks and hurries the best again?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

he played guys that are basically garbage and got a lot of sacks. Look at what Julius Peppers did to Kwame.
I just fail to see how anyone could be clearcut #1

Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
he played guys that are basically garbage and got a lot of sacks. Look at what Julius Peppers did to Kwame.
I just fail to see how anyone could be clearcut #1

I was unaware that Chad Clifton and Jamaal Brown now qualify as garbage. Just about any QB other then Brees and Abraham had another sack or 2 easy.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

clifton is garbage at least this year, the packers are in the top half for sacks allowed. yes Jamaal Brown is good. thats why Abraham is a TOP5 DE. Its like no one ever beat Jamaal Brown and gotten a sack off of it

P.S.: A higher power told me that ur mom dresses u funny

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 11-12-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
clifton is garbage at least this year, the packers are in the top half for sacks allowed. yes Jamaal Brown is good. thats why Abraham is a TOP5 DE. Its like no one ever beat Jamaal Brown and gotten a sack off of it

Clifton has not been garbage. And are we really going to discredit a sack because the OT's been beaten before? I think we can throw out about every sack in the NFL this year then. Abraham manhandled Brown all game, and along with it took any threat of Shockey out of the game. And I wouldn't have cared one bit if Abraham didn't get a sack. He got pressure just about the entire game, and that's what counts for a DE.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

yes and thats why he is a ******* Top 5 DE. Why does this warrant the best of the best of the ******* best?

Seriously ask any Packer fan, they gonna tell u how good Clifton and Tauscher have been

Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
yes and thats why he is a ******* Top 5 DE. Why does this warrant the best of the best of the ******* best?

Seriously ask any Packer fan, they gonna tell u how good Clifton and Tauscher have been

Maybe this warrants talking about him being the best, since this is a top defensive end in the NFL thread. I've seen Clifton and Tauscher play for my ownself. They've been far from garbage.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Because he had one great game?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Because he had one great game?
One great game? I don't know how much longer I can hold this conversation. You are complaining about him only having good games against subpar tackles, and now with 11 sacks thus far he's only had one great game?
Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
One great game? I don't know how much longer I can hold this conversation. You are complaining about him only having good games against subpar tackles, and now with 11 sacks thus far he's only had one great game?
i thought we are talking about the games besides KC, DET and OAK

he has been hardly anything special in the bears game as well as the Phillie Game just like the Panthers game

Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clifton played fairly well in his first couple games but has been absolute **** since. To argue otherwise is blatant homerism, whether it be for the Packers or for the team who is getting sacks against him. Renji is right, every Packer fan will agree he has played terribly. Also, I have no clue what your argument is against Renji. Abraham is a top 5 DE this year, not the best.