Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then people call the fines are the reasons by its becoming a pansys league.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I never said he is horrible. But Talib has been better than Jenkins
He has more picks. I haven't watched him enough to know what else he's done.

He was beat deep and was often a few steps behind T.O. but Brad couldn't get him the ball so I know he got some hype for "hanging with T.O." during the telecast.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am not a Cowboy hater and I dont want to label him as a lack of effort type player, but that play is really disappointing from the viewpoint of a person who enjoys the NFL. You hate to see a guy who doesn't give it his all for 60 minutes on Sunday.
Yeah, you hate to see it, but you also have to understand that it's extremely rare to find those guys that every single play are out there breaking their necks for their team. I'd go as far as to say that almost every player out there takes a play or two off during a game, just not many of them get highlighted like a Cowboys player would.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
He has more picks. I haven't watched him enough to know what else he's done.

He was beat deep and was often a few steps behind T.O. but Brad couldn't get him the ball so I know he got some hype for "hanging with T.O." during the telecast.
Talib is exactly doing what he is supposed to be, so why did u knock on him for playing in a Tampa 2?

Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, you hate to see it, but you also have to understand that it's extremely rare to find those guys that every single play are out there breaking their necks for their team. I'd go as far as to say that almost every player out there takes a play or two off during a game, just not many of them get highlighted like a Cowboys player would.
Taking a play off means making a pansy attempt at a tackle. Not trying to rush the passer. Giving a poor jam to the WR. Jenkins flat out did nothing.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion Sanders never gave effort tackling.

Not that it's ok not too.

Edit: or comparing the two
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Taking a play off means making a pansy attempt at a tackle. Not trying to rush the passer. Giving a poor jam to the WR. Jenkins flat out did nothing.
He contained the outside run. That's doing something.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
well apparently containing and actually stopping are 2 different things

Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol. This is true. By seeing the runner come at him and positioning himself in such a way, he did contain the outside run.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defending this play is inexcusable. That is not what a player gets paid to do, and if i were a teammate, busting my ass, I wouldn't be to impressed. That type of play should never happen, rookie or not.

I agree that generalizing a player on one play is obviously stupid, this is in no way a good representation of his performance this season. If people are making that type of conclusion, i'm speechless, however, i fail to believe that anyone is doing that. Defending that play though, shows lack of understanding and an equal level of homerism from the other perspective.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speechless. I'm going to assume this was a joke, it is the only way this could have been intentionally posted.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Talib is exactly doing what he is supposed to be, so why did u knock on him for playing in a Tampa 2?
Not necessarily knocking him, I just think he's limited to that system. Not that it is a bad thing. He's got good ball skills and hes a physical player. They drafted a guy to fit the system instead of trying to fit a square peg in a circular hole.

All I am saying is he hasn't done anything to say "wow this guy is head and shoulders above the other rookies" just like jenkins hasn't done anything to say "oh this guy is awful" which is what this thread is about.

I mean sure, he could of stood on front of the guy and it probably would have looked similar to Jacobs vs. Landry. I don't mind that he didn't put himself in that spot.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Defending this play is inexcusable. That is not what a player gets paid to do, and if i were a teammate, busting my ass, I wouldn't be to impressed. That type of play should never happen, rookie or not.

I agree that generalizing a player on one play is obviously stupid, this is in no way a good representation of his performance this season. If people are making that type of conclusion, i'm speechless, however, i fail to believe that anyone is doing that. Defending that play though, shows lack of understanding and an equal level of homerism from the other perspective.
It def was a play he pussed out on. No doubt about that. It wasn't a lack of effort, it was being a *****.

Either way, we have to defend the play in order to counteract the "jenkins sucks"

just the rules of being a homer.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worse thing is, hes going to go pick up his paycheck thinking he had a great game with a pick 6. Everyones talking about Talib and Jenkins but whatever happened to Leodis MeKelvin?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Mike, but the play pissed me off of course...With that being said, only a Cowboy player would get a thread started just so everyone can pile on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Speechless. I'm going to assume this was a joke, it is the only way this could have been intentionally posted.
E-sarcasm is difficult to pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I like Mike, but the play pissed me off of course...With that being said, only a Cowboy hater would get a thread started just so everyone can pile on.
Fixed that to what i really think you meant.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Worse thing is, hes going to go pick up his paycheck thinking he had a great game with a pick 6. Everyones talking about Talib and Jenkins but whatever happened to Leodis MeKelvin?
McKelvin is too far down the depth chart. He had one start and was picked on the whole game. We didn't expect too much from him this year, maybe next year with a year under his belt and Jabari Greer set to become a FA.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And of course we've all come to the realization that one play that's highlighted by Cowboys haters is reason enough to completely label a guy as a lack of effort type, right? Geezus people, watch him play before you open your yap.
The main concern with him coming out of the draft was that he played with no heart. Apparently that hasn't changed.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
The main concern with him coming out of the draft was that he played with no heart. Apparently that hasn't changed.
Your O.P is enough to show me that you have nothing insightful to say about my team, so try convincing other people if you'd like. You're only proving me right with the posts you make defending it, so give it up.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dammit MJ.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
The main concern was not with heart, but with playing down to his competition.

The said he had "lazy" performances against weaker opponents and only put forth a full effort against the more talented challenges.

So far there have been no reports about him being lazy. The only negatives were about him switching from a bump-n-run college scheme to a "play your guy 12 yards off and give him up whatever he wants underneath" scheme and having trouble adjusting.

Maybe this has to do with all the competition in the NFL being good. I don't know. What I can say for sure if this is the only play that has been a reflection of not laying it all out there.

Last edited by Burns336 : 11-04-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
McKelvin is too far down the depth chart. He had one start and was picked on the whole game. We didn't expect too much from him this year, maybe next year with a year under his belt and Jabari Greer set to become a FA.
Oh not bad, but I still don't expect much from him. Never really high on him.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember some people thought we should have taken this wimp over Flacco. I am glad we got Flacco over him. At least dive at his ankles or something.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
What has Talib done? Picked off a tipped ball and a couple others? Played in a tamp 2 with safeties covering his ass allowing him to play in the only system in which he could succeed?
Talib has played a lot of man this year. That is why the Buccaneers chose him. For whatever reason they are starting to get away from running a pure Tampa 2.

He is a "big corner that can play some bump and run". He can also play the corner by giving him major cushion. Often being placed on the other team's #1 receiver.

Kiffin on drafting Talib, "It had nothing to do with the system....you can't play Tampa 2 all day.....the thing about Talib is that he can run, you can't teach size and speed".

He has shown that he can play on some of the better receivers such as Terrell Owens. (It wasn't all Brad Johnson's fault, Aqib took away a lot of good passes)

People need to quit using the system against him. He is a better corner than Jenkins....get over it.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-04-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flowers > Talib > Jenkins
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote