Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
That was a gimme. Eli Manning underthrew Plax by ten yards. I can't believe Cowboy fans want to let someone off the hook who showed a complete lack of effort. That's sad.
I could give you a long list of Cowboys players who showed a complete lack of effort that I don't want to let off the hook. ...you're talking about 1 play in a situation where the game was already determined.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I was even demoralized as a fan at that point. No more yelling, no more getting off the couch.

There is only so much Brad-n-Brooks any human (player, coach, fan) can stand to take. It gets real rough sometimes.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:37 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
...You realize at USF Mike Jenkins never had ANY heart issues right? Oh, you're just going to spew bull? That's cool too.
"The Tampa Tribune is reporting that Buccaneers officials have said that they will select USF cornerback Mike Jenkins if he is available at their selection."

Sorry, but it's still funny to me.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
"The Tampa Tribune is reporting that Buccaneers officials have said that they will select USF cornerback Mike Jenkins if he is available at their selection."

Sorry, but it's still funny to me.
that is the quote i was looking for
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Check the 2008 Pro Football Weekly draft guide.
I'll ******* check my eyes and what I hear thank you very much.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not an overreaction, D. There are a lot of things that you can let slide when things are going awful. If its a guy who doesn't pursue from behind at full speed, or who doesn't fight to get off the ground after he's been pancaked by a much larger player, or if someone doesn't quite run his routes at full speed when he knows there's no way in hell that he will get the ball anyway...ok. Those are things that aren't good signs, but that I can at least make allowances for in a ball game in which you don't stand a chance because of one or two players who kill your team.

But this was a case where the ball was coming right at him, he was in position to make the tackle and do his job. He was ON THE BALL. There is a big difference between on ball and off ball plays. Off the ball, you usually have a very small chance at making a play and must play full speed for an entire game just on the off chance that you get ONE chance at a play. On the ball, however, the WHOLE TEAM is relying on you making the play, and getting your job done....or at least giving it everything you have. Off ball mistakes are often insignificant. On ball mistakes kill you almost every time.

And he didn't even try. HE DIDN'T EVEN TRY. There's no way you can excuse that, I don't care what the circumstances or the mitigating factors. At least throw yourself at his feet and make him jump over you. Anything.

But don't get me wrong. It doesn't mean he won't be a good player. But there is still no excuse for it.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We weren't defending that play at all...we all know how bad it was. I was defending the player because, there were some people saying he was awful or was known for having no heart...w/ no evidence or info to back up such false statments.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote