Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-04-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predictions for 2nd half of the season.

Now that we know what our team is like, lets hear your predictions

Quote:
vs. NO
vs. DEN
vs. CAR
at SD
at NO
vs. TB
at MIN
vs STL
vs. NO - We need to win this game, and I expect to do so. We do a great job at home against terrible teams and marginal ones as well (CHI). With the poor Saints defense, I expect this to be a fun shootout esque game. Our run defense is pretty poor and we can't stack the box with Brees at QB. Our best hope is to get Turner the ball and run that clock down, giving Brees' and his offense less time. We better score every drive. I see this as a W.

vs. DEN - See above. Not nearly as important as the previous game, but both these teams are carbon copies except DEN has pretty much no one on defense and Cutler's inconsistent play might be concerning. Same thing goes as above. Give Turner the rock and keep the ball away from Cutler. Maybe Abraham can teach the great rookie Clady a couple lessons and force Cutler into some bad throws. W.

vs. CAR - Huge test. HUGE. Panthers are one of the best teams in the NFC, and NFL in my opinion. They have good wideouts and a vet to get them the ball. Their running game is full of talent. Stingy defense. Despite being in the game in the 4th quarter against them the first time we played, they clearly outplayed us in nearly all facets in the game. Lets hope this team has matured since then and make it a close game. I can see a W, but as of now, I am more learning towards a L.

at SD - Complete toss up as of now. Chargers are known to get hot near the end of the season, and that trend being broken is all we have hope for now. They have a talented defense and offense and lets hope they dont start clicking yet. This is a complete push right now in my opinion. If we see the Chargers of this season, we win easily. Their pass D is terrible and Turner is going to look to make the Chargers pay. Their offense can carve up our defense again though. Damn we play a bunch of good offenses in these upcoming weeks. Push

at NO - Huge game. I think the Saints are a good home team as well and I dont think we will sweep them (yet). They will turn it up a notch and might have Reggie Bush back by now? Ill chalk this in as a L

vs. TB - By this time, this game could have huge play off implications. I see/hope NFC East teams beating up each other and 2 of them dropping out of contention (DAL, PHI, WAS). The other wildcard goes to the NFC South and if things play out well, this game will be a huge factor. A W for us and a L for them would be terrific. We played a decent game the first time we played it despite a terrible start and being on the road. I think this team has matured a ton since then and we can finish the job here. W

at MIN - This team is quite an enigma. They show some great performances once in a while and have all the talent to do so, but sometimes they just dont perform. Adrian Peterson should have a field day against us again, but Ferrote/Jackson should be pressured into making mistakes. Their defensive front of very good and we might be forced to pass to win. Winfield is playing very well this season I believe and it should be a good game. If we win the TB game, I can see our momentum and playoff push being carried to this game. Still though, Ill put this as a Push

vs STL - Either this game will matter or it wont. If it matters, I dont see how our team can lose. We have shown that we can make poor defenses pay with Michael Turner and Matt Ryan. Their offensive line is not very good either. We should win this *knock on wood.* W

Best case scenario in my opinion is 11-5 (wtf). We have a legitimate chance at doing so. I gave my analysis on each game and my thoughts on whether we would win or not, but I didnt expect it to come to this. Worst case scenario is probably 8-8 (lose the pushes. lose TB) or 9-7.

If you were to hold a gun to my head and ask my for a prediction, I would say 10-6. There. I said it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

We have to win all our home games if we are going to make the playoffs. Simple as that. I honestly think that we can do that.

The road games will all be very tough, but I'd put each of them at around 40-60...

I think we finish 11-5, and get a wildcard. Carolina wins the division at 12-4.

Hey, nothing wrong with a little optimism...
Old 11-04-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winning all our home games leaves us at 8-0 and we already have 2 wins on the road. Thats 10-6 right there.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-04-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've got us finishing 10-6 and taking the division with a win over Carolina at home, without that I still have us at 10-6 but second in the division.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see us finishing 9-7, maybe that's just because I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Everytime I did back in the Mora days, we would blow a playoff push.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan leads you guys to a record above .500!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Matt Ryan leads you guys to a record above .500!
Wouldn't that be special =) I had us at 8-8 on the season going into it after the preseason closed, winning no less than 6 but I saw 10 winnable games on our schedule, just didn't think we'd get it done...and we haven't yet, but right now it looks like my 8 win prediction is going to come up just short, but there are a lot of tough football games left to play.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Mekias hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The second half is going to be tougher than the first half. Our only cupcake game is the Rams game at the very end. But at least we start off at home and only have 3 road games. My thoughts:

vs. NO - tough game but Brees is VERY good and could be the best QB against the zone in football. I don't think we'll be able to stop their offense enough to keep up and we'll lose a close one in the end. L

vs. DEN - their defense has been bad and their offense has been struggling a little lately. Unlike Brees, I don't think Cutler will have as much success. I think we win fairly easily. W

vs. CAR - this game will be really competitive (unlike last time) but the Panthers are playing with such confidence that I think it'll be hard to take them down. Another close one but I still see a loss. L

at SD - their defense is not nearly as good without a pass rush. Hopefully Baker will be back and we'll be able to move the ball successfully. But our defense will probably get torched by LT, Gates, Jackson, etc. They match up very well against us and, at home, should be able to win it. L

at NO - Can our defense figure out a way to stop Brees? Probably not. And their defense will do better against us the second time. L

vs. TB - Their offense is a little better now but nothing world beating. Ryan will be MUCH more confident than the first time we played them and we'll win this one. W

at MIN - Not as one-dimensional with Frerotte at the helm but this will be a huge test for our LBs. You can't stop Peterson if you are taking bad angles, over-running the play, and not tackling correctly. Offensively, we'll have to rely on Ryan and should be able to pull out the win. W

vs. STL - We've done very well against the bottom feeders and the Rams' O-line has looked horrible. Easy win. W

That's 4-4 in the 2nd half, leaving us at 9-7. Not enough to make the playoffs but light-years better than we thought at the beginning of the season.
Mekias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekias View Post
The second half is going to be tougher than the first half. Our only cupcake game is the Rams game at the very end. But at least we start off at home and only have 3 road games. My thoughts:

vs. NO - tough game but Brees is VERY good and could be the best QB against the zone in football. I don't think we'll be able to stop their offense enough to keep up and we'll lose a close one in the end. L

vs. DEN - their defense has been bad and their offense has been struggling a little lately. Unlike Brees, I don't think Cutler will have as much success. I think we win fairly easily. W

vs. CAR - this game will be really competitive (unlike last time) but the Panthers are playing with such confidence that I think it'll be hard to take them down. Another close one but I still see a loss. L

at SD - their defense is not nearly as good without a pass rush. Hopefully Baker will be back and we'll be able to move the ball successfully. But our defense will probably get torched by LT, Gates, Jackson, etc. They match up very well against us and, at home, should be able to win it. L

at NO - Can our defense figure out a way to stop Brees? Probably not. And their defense will do better against us the second time. L

vs. TB - Their offense is a little better now but nothing world beating. Ryan will be MUCH more confident than the first time we played them and we'll win this one. W

at MIN - Not as one-dimensional with Frerotte at the helm but this will be a huge test for our LBs. You can't stop Peterson if you are taking bad angles, over-running the play, and not tackling correctly. Offensively, we'll have to rely on Ryan and should be able to pull out the win. W

vs. STL - We've done very well against the bottom feeders and the Rams' O-line has looked horrible. Easy win. W

That's 4-4 in the 2nd half, leaving us at 9-7. Not enough to make the playoffs but light-years better than we thought at the beginning of the season.
i think thats a very 'real' prediction and it very well might happen. i just hope falcons fans dont cut themselves over this outcome. some other team's fan said that falcons' fans get too high on highs and way too low on lows and i strongly agree. i just remember how despicable we were last year and this year's performance is all a plus for me.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekias View Post

Good predictions. I think you overestimate the Saints though. They are 4-4 right now for a reason. Brees is having an MVP season, but the rest of the team is pretty poor. Though being swept by them right now does seem like a possibility.

I had a dream that this upcoming game we got blown out. Ryan threw 2 picks 0 TDs and Brees tore us apart for about 500-600 yards with some no name WRs who had long catches of 59, 45, 60. They also had Larry Fitzgerald on their team who made a sick TD catch. I might have just confused him with Colston though.

I had a dream of a rematch too. We lost 7-8.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Good predictions. I think you overestimate the Saints though. They are 4-4 right now for a reason. Brees is having an MVP season, but the rest of the team is pretty poor. Though being swept by them right now does seem like a possibility.

I had a dream that this upcoming game we got blown out. Ryan threw 2 picks 0 TDs and Brees tore us apart for about 500-600 yards with some no name WRs who had long catches of 59, 45, 60. They also had Larry Fitzgerald on their team who made a sick TD catch. I might have just confused him with Colston though.

I had a dream of a rematch too. We lost 7-8.
You may be right about the Saints. I just have a lot of respect and admiration for Brees. They also have the advantage of 2 whole weeks to prepare for us. The good thing about this year though is that I think we have a solid chance to win every time we take the field.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:55 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more win and my prediction is correct!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
One more win and my prediction is correct!
er, we're six and three. so don't we need three more wins to be guaranteed of being over .500?

I think that we can beat denver exactly the same way we beat the saints - by abusing their defense with the run and pass, then running down the clock, while making the occasional big play on defense.

carolina is a toss-up. If delhomme plays like he did against the raiders, we'll cruise. but that's going to be one tough game.

i think that we can beat tampa at home. their offense is weak, and our offense will have a much better chance at home. ryan will get some payback.

we'll boss the rams at home.

that's 9 wins just looking at our home schedule, and assuming we lose against the panthers (which I think is 50-50 right now).

then we have to try to sneak one or two games on the road, which is doable.

I think we will get to 10-6 at the worst. But even that may not be good enough for the playoffs. We really need to beat the panthers, or win a couple on the road, and get ourselves to 11-5. It's very doable.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Olympia Martin
Rookie

Olympia Martin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we are a 9-7 team down the stretch. Can we go 10-6? sure. I just think we have a game or two that I think can go either way and we wont win all the close ones.

We look like a 3-3 divisional team to me. That means usually we would split one with Carolina, Tampa and New Orleans. This year I could see us sweeping N.O. and beating Tampa and losing at home to Carolina.

I think Denver this week is a winable game.

Carolina I also think is winable, as we usually take well to them at home. Ryan is playing better now than he was in our first matchup. Still this could be one of our losses.

San Diego in thier place I think catches up to us. The travel time will hurt as east coast-west coast matchups usually do. Say thats a L.

Minnesota doesnt scare me but A.P. does. That will have playoff implications for both teams. Say Loss.

Win at home against St. Louis for sure. No way we should lose to them.
Olympia Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I guess 11-5 isn't a ridiculous prediction.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Going into the year, i said 9-7 with a chance at WC, but this year the over NFC race is stronger, so 9 wont cut it unless you are in a bad division. We could end up with 11 wins and the division, which would only exceed standards times a million. The fact we are in the playoffs is one thing thats already amazing, but lets hope we can exceed that

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
We have to win all our home games if we are going to make the playoffs. Simple as that. I honestly think that we can do that.

The road games will all be very tough, but I'd put each of them at around 40-60...

I think we finish 11-5, and get a wildcard. Carolina wins the division at 12-4.

Hey, nothing wrong with a little optimism...
November 4th... could get even better!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Wow. Impressive D-Rod.

Coming into the season, I expected 4-6 wins. Nearly doubled that.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said we would be 8-8 and 6-10 at worst, then bama hit me with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59
6-10 at worst? Right...

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I said we would be 8-8 and 6-10 at worst, then bama hit me with this.
he's disappeared these last few weeks..
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
he's disappeared these last few weeks..
he cant function without iloxy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-26-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
he cant function without iloxy.
Haha that's probably true though I think iloxy's been banned for a bit longer, not sure.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Haha that's probably true though I think iloxy's been banned for a bit longer, not sure.
yea he has, but it think it just hit him (bama)

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-26-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

I admit it, I thought we would be bad this year. Maybe 5 or 6 wins. A great season for me would have been 7 or 8 wins. There just seemed to be too many problems to overcome in one year.

But the way our coaches and players have gelled and the cerebral and hard-working approach by Matt Ryan has sped up the process by a large margin. Even at the half way point, I figured that we just had a weaker schedule and were catching people unprepared. The defense still needs work but the offense is so good now that it can carry us at times.

That being said, I still think our offense is new and different enough that we're catching people unprepared. The Vikings seemed to be better prepared for us than anyone else has been. Every time Ryan rolled out to his right, everyone was covered. Those plays have generally been open all year. But not many defenses are that disciplined. It'll be interesting to see how we do in the playoffs against teams like the Giants and Cowboys. I'm not afraid of Arizona or Chicago but the Vikes scare me a bit. Carolina can either be mediocre or fantastic. I wouldn't like to meet them again in Carolina.