Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
3. I have always hated this piece of trash and always will. I would never want him on my team, he is not a winner. He only plays for himself and is full of his own ****. However at least he is being waived, so hopefully a bad team with high waiver priority picks him up off waivers. Not a playoff team.
Yeah, but then they have to pick up his contract. I don't know if any bad team would be willing to do that.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking now I think Baltimore is a good fit for him. Chris McCalister and Samari Rolle have been hurt all year and both are old and the Ravens will consider cutting McCalister this year or the next. If Ray Lewis can't motivate you to play to your potential than you are hopeless. Being on the tutelage of guys like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed would be so beneficial. However it would be disastrous if he starts hanging around goons like Bart Scott, Willis Mcgahee, and Terrell Suggs.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could always cut him after the season, and not be on the hook for any guaranteed money. Just the base salary for the rest of this season only.

At least I think that is how it would/will be.

Btw, I can't be the only one who thought Dallas?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really agree. If he tries, he can be good. Inconsistent coaching schemes and temper always gets the best of him. If he comes back to ATL, he will be on a winning team with a bright future.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would bet $ that the Ravens at least talk to him.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Dallas or Washington please.

I don't want him here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I kind of want to blame Rob Ryan. He has played terrible, but the Raiders fans were saying that Rob Ryan sucks and that Hall had picked up his play for a couple of games. He is still inconsistent, but he would be an upgrade of anything we have. I want him. I want my username to be validated again.

What do you guys think are the chances he looks at ATL? Or ATL looks at him? He seems to have a good relationship with the Falcons (visited team hotel before the game).

Oh by the way, what are the implications of the cap?

There was a report of him starting stuff on the way to the lockers with some of our guys. I personally think we are taking a turn away from players with egos, so I'd doubt it. I know Hall had value here still though.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Dallas or Washington please.

I don't want him here.
Although he is familiar with the area and Washington might overspend and go for big names although not nearly as much any more, but we don't go with bad character guys. You'd be hard pressed to name a single bad character guy on this team now. Zorn just has a positive vibe going around here. All you will find are blue character guys like London Fletcher,Shawn Springs, Chris Samuels, Rocky McIntosh, Chris Horton, Jon Jansen, Jason Campbell etc. The only not model character guys are Portis, Cooley, Smoot, and Sellers, but they are the weird/goofy type, not the trouble making bad work ethic kind of guys. I really can't think of a skin on this team who is a lazy worker. Our only controversy the past few years was Portis's comments, but that was more along Brian Mitchell being a punk and acting like he was the ish.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with the afore-mentioned teams, but a sleeper would be the Jets. I could see them bringing him in.

but holy **** Raiders, really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh. If it's not one thing then it's another...

I'm fine with this. I liked the theory of DeAngelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomugha, but only Aso has showed up this season and I'd rather get rid of Hall now than lose more money (money that could conceivably go to resigning Nnamdi) hoping he'll turn it around. It sucks we lost a second rounder, but at least this would indicate that Al isn't too proud to admit a mistake and rectify it as soon as possible.
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I dont want him near Atlanta and im certain Dimitroff & co. have a chuckle and dont give it a 2nd thought. He embodies everything we eradicated and is a polar opposite to everything that has brough this team together and made us win.

I liked Hall when he was a Falcon but can see now that that type of personality does not lead to team success
Old 11-04-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

I would like to see him go to the Jaguars.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Before Hall got traded, he said he told Sean Payton after a game between the Falcons and Saints, he would play for New Orleans for league minimum.

He must want to make our Secondary suck even more. Hall is worse than Jason David with both arms tied behind his back.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please cut him and come to New Orleans. Please. Be a Saint.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo Hall to the Giants or Titans!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i agree with the afore-mentioned teams, but a sleeper would be the Jets. I could see them bringing him in.

but holy **** Raiders, really?
The Jets don't have the cap space to sign him.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The rest of the NFC South agrees.

but really. You guys have a major window opening up. I wouldn't want to ruin that.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The Jets don't have the cap space to sign him.
ah yes that's true.

but if he passes waivers, he won't be in position to be making high contract demands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
We need Secondary help, right? Why would we sign this loser?
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rotoworld has it right, and I interpret it right, then Hall has a base '08 salary of 1M dollars. Minus 8 games played so far with the Raiders, then he could be had for 500K for the remainder of the regular season.

Again, not 100 percent sure though.

And not sure, if he gets injured with a team that claims him, if they would be on the hook for that 16M guaranteed. Because every team would probably pass on that risk.
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
The rest of the NFC South agrees.

but really. You guys have a major window opening up. I wouldn't want to ruin that.

Huh? That'd be a HUGE add for the Saints.
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ah yes that's true.

but if he passes waivers, he won't be in position to be making high contract demands.
If he passes waivers I doubt he'd choose the Jets.

I don't think the Jets would even want him anyway with how good Revis and Lowery have been.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
Joey Galloway and Steve Smith say hi!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
have you seen DeAngelo Hall play? He was overrated in ATL, but at least he was a good/above average CB (not top 5 or top 10) but this season he is flat out terrible.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Joey Galloway and Steve Smith say hi!

Yes. How could I forget their combined 9 catches in 4 games?