Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
Yes. How could I forget their combined 9 catches in 4 games?
You don't get it.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Oakland really goes through with cutting Hall, I will really believe that the Raiders do not care about winning.
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

As for Baltimore fans I don't know how well Fabs is doing but if you had to ask me whos the better corner I'd take Fabs anyday over this loser.
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
have you seen DeAngelo Hall play? He was overrated in ATL, but at least he was a good/above average CB (not top 5 or top 10) but this season he is flat out terrible.

I've actually seen DeAngelo play about every game of his NFL career. Thank you for asking. This overrated thing is becoming annoying. He made the Pro-Bowl one year because of name recognition and he shouldn't have. Then he didn't make it last year when he should have. So, should we call every player who makes an undeserving pro-bowl once in their careers overrated? That would be a long list my friend.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
If Oakland really goes through with cutting Hall, I will really believe that the Raiders do not care about winning.
How do you come to that conclusion?He's one of the many reasons this team sucks.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Joey Galloway and Steve Smith say hi!
Hall owned them both on a consistent basis. Galloway had one nice touchdown catch on a slant and go/ sluggo, and Smith got into his head. But neither of them got open on him much.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
You don't get it.

I suppose not. The fact that Galloway beat him on a sluggo? The fact that Smith is an annoying maggot who got under Hall's skin and got the better of him? I'm not sure what your driving it, but his blowup is pretty publicized, but never the fact he held Smith to 1 catch for 10 yards that game.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Hall has 4.3 speed, Al Davis wouldn't cut him, remember the Raiders scout staff consists of a stop watch.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I wasn't being serious.

I can't believe I have to say it.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

Just curious, do you think the Browns would look at bringing him in?
gameplaya2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this means oakland is gonna pick Jenkins or Davis knowing how Al Davis drafts a DB any time he has an excuse to in the first round, right?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
I wasn't being serious.

I can't believe I have to say it.

My apologies. With some of the ignorant posts in this thread about DeAngelo, it was hard to tell.
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplaya2435 View Post
seriously doubt it. don't have cap room for 2008 anyhow. the starting corners in cleveland are good, we need a nickel though, they aren't gonna bring in a high profile corner like that anytime soon.
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
My apologies. With some of the ignorant posts in this thread about DeAngelo, it was hard to tell.
He's a great talent with a bad head on his shoulders.

He'll be picked up.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Hall has 4.3 speed, Al Davis wouldn't cut him, remember the Raiders scout staff consists of a stop watch.
Huff,Routt,and Branch all run in the 4.3s to.Not to mention they're all better than Hall.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Oh my god! Looks like we got a 2nd rounder for free.

I honestly wouldn't mind signing him. He is about the same talent level as our players anyway.
Are you serious? Do you remember what it was like when DeAngelo Hall was in Atlanta? He was a team cancer, and he had no respect for the coaches. What makes you think he'll be different? He's a headcase, and he's not worth a roster spot on this team.

And I'm not worried we'll be signing him, because I doubt he'll pass Dimitroff's personality test anyways, which is why we traded him in the first place.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplaya2435 View Post
That wouldn't be a bad idea considering the Browns defense is awful, awful, its just awful. I was thinking of the Titans (homerism) but I don't see it happening since the Pacman fiasco. Best fits would be Dallas (jerry loves himself speed), Cleveland, Minnesota (someone needs to play opposite Winfield) and what about Denver, try to take control of that weak AFC West and losing Champ Bailey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots should bring him in. He would be an absolute star there.

If he gos to the Browns or a team like that then he will be lackluster.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't the Falcons use that pick from the Deangelo Hall trade as the primary basis for moving up to get Sam Baker? If so, really nice.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
Are you serious? Do you remember what it was like when DeAngelo Hall was in Atlanta? He was a team cancer, and he had no respect for the coaches. What makes you think he'll be different? He's a headcase, and he's not worth a roster spot on this team.

And I'm not worried we'll be signing him, because I doubt he'll pass Dimitroff's personality test anyways, which is why we traded him in the first place.
He had no respect for Petrino, and I dont blame him. Did he have trouble with Mora? I do not remember so. And his last year in Atlanta, he allowed 1 (maybe 2) TDs.

But I agree. I dont think he will pass TD test either. Who knows. Maybe Oakland was a humbling experience. He needs a winning team with coaches he can play for but still have him in line. Petrino was definitely not one of them.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw the link on espn and they have added, Javon Walker as well who might be cut.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3683124

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I just saw the link on espn and they have added, Javon Walker as well who might be cut.

Alright.. so who else did they give a big contract to this season? Maybe they'll cut Tommy Kelly!
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

I've changed my mind.

Raiders = Epic Fail
Al Davis = Colossal Fail

Raiders '08 0ffseason Moves = immeasurable fail
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard they might cut Tommy Kelly too actually.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I heard they might cut Tommy Kelly too actually.
Where? Why?

Kelly has easily been Oakland's best defensive lineman this season. He's played some really strong games, and this is with missing almost all of training camp and a lot of the preseason. He was one of the biggest factors in the win over the Jets.

Kelly has been exactly what I expected him to be.