Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason I want him on the Saints is due to our completely crappy depth in the secondary. Him and Mike McKenzie would be very good together.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously Davis takes the hit for the signing bonuses, but like with Hall, could save millions by cutting a player like Walker after his first season (presumably before additional roster bonuses kick in). Maybe that was the old dog's plan all along.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Obviously Davis takes the hit for the signing bonuses, but like with Hall, could save millions by cutting a player like Walker after his first season (presumably before additional roster bonuses kick in). Maybe that was the old dog's plan all along.
If that's the truth, Al wouldn't have talked Walker out of retiring when Javon offered to before the season started.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

GettingDeAngelo Hall- 7 years, 70 million dollars
Giving Javon Walker a shot- 6 years, 50 million dollars
Giving Tommy Kelly a new contract- 7 years, 50.5 million dollars
Signing Gibril Wilson- 6 years, 39 million dollars

Watching the Raiders fail... Priceless
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next- Darren McFadden?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is fantastic news as long as we keep Asomugha.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
As for Baltimore fans I don't know how well Fabs is doing but if you had to ask me whos the better corner I'd take Fabs anyday over this loser.
100% true. Fabian played way better than Hall.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
GettingDeAngelo Hall- 7 years, 70 million dollars
Giving Javon Walker a shot- 6 years, 50 million dollars
Giving Tommy Kelly a new contract- 7 years, 50.5 million dollars
Signing Gibril Wilson- 6 years, 39 million dollars

Watching the Raiders fail... Priceless
Claiming Raiders had the best secondary = priceless

But i cant talk either because i said the same about the chargers :[

I blame cottrell

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I have only seen one Raider game this year but has Hall really been THIS bad?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
Haha. Not even close. Hall's still a big time corner although he hasn't played like one this season. How quickly people forget how great he was. He's still very young, and this would be a humbling experience, I'd imagine, which would be good for Hall.
Still a big time corner? You are a fool. Obviously you haven't witnessed his 15 yrd cushion - I could catch button hook after button hook against this guy. He is a *****, can't man up on anybody for ****. He is a weak tackler. All of his picks have been bad overthrows where DeAngelo was lurking BEHIND the reciever, or tipped balls. I have yet to see him keep tight man coverage on a receiver and make a good break on the ball. He is terrible.

Can't play with him. Can't win with him. Can't do it.

We should release him based on this fact: "NFL.com reported the move to waive him now helps the Raiders avoid paying Hall $16 million worth of injury-guaranteed bonuses in his contract.

We also will probably release Javon Walker thank God. Funny seeing how these are two of the moves Kiffin disagreed with the most.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
They could always cut him after the season, and not be on the hook for any guaranteed money. Just the base salary for the rest of this season only.

At least I think that is how it would/will be.

Btw, I can't be the only one who thought Dallas?
We were interested partially when he was on the block, but at this point HIGHLY doubt it, I think even Jerry knows when enough is enough but thats just me...I'm sure he was tempted to get Randy Moss too, and Chris Henry, but he knows when it's overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still saying Patriots. They could use him and he would perform for a contender.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'm still saying Patriots. They could use him and he would perform for a contender.
But does he fit the system?
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't fit any system that requires him to match up one on one at the line of scrimmage. He is simply not physical and I'm serious when I say that if its 3rd and 7, DeAngelo Fall will be playing 15 yds off his man, and allow a first down 9 times out of 10.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe in Oakland. He was good to great in Atlanta in 2005 and 2007. In 2007 he was a top five cornerback.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe in Oakland. He was good to great in Atlanta in 2005 and 2007. In 2007 he was a top five cornerback.
Oakland is a solid barometer of how great a corner is - if you can't play man-to-man, you should be a safety.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Oakland is a solid barometer of how great a corner is - if you can't play man-to-man, you should be a safety.
Ok dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. He may have played bad in Oakland, but he was great in Atlanta. 2005 and 2006 we ran a lot of zone. He was good in it in 2005, not in 2006. Then we hired Zimmer from Dallas in 2007 and ran a ton of man. Hall absolutely dominated.

He was better in man for us than zone. Maybe he played horrible in Oakland due to him not performing. Maybe it was coaching. Maybe it was both. But he has played at a high level before. He isn't a trash player.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I think if you place Hall on a winning team, he will become a top player and try. I would love for the Steelers to get him, but not for the money he is looking for. In that case, I pass.
No way the steelers would ever sign a headcase like Hall
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

All the action was coming Hall's way. Nobody throws to Nnamdi. He knew it was coming and couldn't do anything about it. I don't care how he played in Atlanta, I care about where a player is right now, and right now Hall is garbage. When you're a corner playing in a system where you are constantly manned up and constantly are losing the one-on-one battle, there is nobody to blame but yourself.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

I can't believe you guys are saying stuff like "If he went to a good team he'd try and be a good player" corner is the most individual position in the game. It's not like the Randy Moss situation where nobody could get him the ball, then when he got to a team that had TOM BRADY he started trying.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Javon Walker will be released soon probably.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no question in my mind Hall is a 'soft' player who unfortunately lacks the mental part of the game to go along with his elite talent that will forever hold him back from greatness. The skill is still there although it obviously wasn’t so apparent in his now short stint in Oakland.

Part of the blame must still go to Rob Ryan here, imo. Has he been absolutely terrible this season ? Yes and no. We saw brief spurts where it maybe looked as if he could at the very least be a serviceable corner for this team. I sincerely always feel for whomever must be placed across from Aso however it is no excuse for this unforeseen dropoff in play.

As for his next destination, at first thought Baltimore or Washington logically appears to be a great fit. On the flip side you just never know if an owner like Jerry Jones decides to put his name in the hat again for yet another big name corner.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hall gets cut someone will pick him up even if he sucks. Maybe he just needs a team with a pass rush or someone to get on him.

Possible teams for next season
Pats
Saints
Falcons
Cowboys-fo real
Balitmore

You could always add him for TC in the offseason get him on as a third stringer.

And Javon just sucks when are the going to drop him like its hot.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not 100% on this, but if a player is released from a contract during the season he is placed on Waivers. The teams with the worst records would have first bid, and if they pass it would go to the next record, ect. ect. I remember when the Broncos released Lenny Walls, all the Pats fans were upset that they couldn't sign him because of the waiver.

I find it hard to believe that D-Hall would clear waivers long enough for a team with as good a record as the Patriots to be able to grab him.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Making up for lost time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA