Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2 poll questions about QB's and front offices.

1. If you were building a team and could have any QB in the league to build around for the next 10+ years, who would it be?

I'm taking Matt Ryan because I'm a raging homer.

2, Is anyone else even in the conversation with Thomas Dimitroff for whatever they call that award given to the best front office guy every year?
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
1. If you were building a team and could have any QB in the league to build around for the next 10+ years, who would it be?

I'm taking Matt Ryan because I'm a raging homer.

2, Is anyone else even in the conversation with Thomas Dimitroff for whatever they call that award given to the best front office guy every year?
1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Whoever is the FO for the Titans..

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

I'm taking Matt Ryan and I'm taking the Titan's FO
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
I'm taking Matt Ryan and I'm taking the Titan's FO
Titans' FO, not Titan's. I'm gonna kill the next person who can't use an apostrophe correctly.

Yes, Matt Ryan for QB, and the Titans' FO.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans' FO? Really? I dont know...

1. Look at sig.

2. Colts' FO

I edited this post to add the apostrophe.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, I'm dumb. Give me New England's FO.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Wait, I'm dumb. Give me New England's FO.
I thought about that, but I dont particularly like their recent drafts and inablity to pay players. Asante Samuels would have been worth the money in their scheme. If I have a perfect fit, I will pay the man.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I thought about that, but I dont particularly like their recent drafts and inablity to pay players. Asante Samuels would have been worth the money in their scheme. If I have a perfect fit, I will pay the man.
Samuel, not Samuels. I can't tell you how many people don't even know the man's real name.

I'll take New England's method of winning three rings over Indy's method of winning one.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take LaMarr Woodley at qb, he could do it, (he knows what the pass rushers are thinking)

If anyone didnt realize, im making fun of the guy who said they should put qbs at de because they know what the qbs are thinking.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Aaron Rodgers but I'm a homer when it comes to that. FO? I'm not really sure. I see that the Titans are being mentioned and that makes sense but what about the Giants?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have to say Phillip Rivers and the New England FO. Sure they have made a few questionable decisions but they have just been so damn good for so damn long.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Samuel, not Samuels. I can't tell you how many people don't even know the man's real name.

I'll take New England's method of winning three rings over Indy's method of winning one.
Yeah. I don't really care about his name too much. Sorry :/

I really like Colts' drafts.

Rivers is an excellent pick.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
TaylorMade
Rookie

TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P. Rivers and the Giants FO.

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09
TaylorMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
If anyone didnt realize, im making fun of the guy who said they should put qbs at de because they know what the qbs are thinking.
Did this happen?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I think that draft dude said stuff like that?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

I still like Jay Cutler with his recent struggles and the Colts FO
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

I would probably take Ben Roethlesberger as my quarterback.
Bill Polian as my GM. No question at all. He built the Bills' powerhouse teams, put the expansion Panthers in the NFC championship game after two years and built the Colts.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Bill Polian, or Marty Hurney and to build I'd take either Matty Ice, Aaron Rodgers or Jason Campbell.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre and the Raiders FO. Definitely.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Did this happen?
Haha I didnt even notice until you pointed it out. How did you come about to noticing that? lol

Old 11-05-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Haha I didnt even notice until you pointed it out. How did you come about to noticing that? lol
Because I do it sometimes.

see?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:44 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

1. Jay Cutler, I love Eli and he's clutch but Cutler has the ability to be prolific and carry his team when he has no help more regularly.

2. Jerry Reece, loose 1 Hall of Fame DE to retirement and one All-Pro caliber DE to injury and still have a top defense? That kind of depth doesn't just happen, add to that he's got us Three deep at RB, 6 deep at WR and a versatile oline, and Reece deserves mad props for the team he's put together.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If my homerism didn't take over and force me to take Palmer, then I would take Phillip Rivers & Bill Polian.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:40 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben or Cutlers and Colts/Patriots FO
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers for homerism, otherwise Big Ben. Pats FO.

And wasn't the original question who should win the 'Best-GM award' or whatever this year? As thats gotta be Dimitroff.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote