Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

1. Trent Edwards
2. For this year its got to be the Falcons FO, but overall I'd take Bill Polian.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, not even one Eli vote? I know he has his bad games, but he's gotta be doing something right to be a Super Bowl winning QB on a team that has proved it wasn't a fluke by being really good this year. He's on track to throw for like 3,500 yards and 25 TD's this season. Oh, and he's proven he can do it with Plaxico and Tyree missing games.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Wow, not even one Eli vote? I know he has his bad games, but he's gotta be doing something right to be a Super Bowl winning QB on a team that has proved it wasn't a fluke by being really good this year. He's on track to throw for like 3,500 yards and 25 TD's this season. Oh, and he's proven he can do it with Plaxico and Tyree missing games.
Tyree is not ******* good! He made one play. Congrats. He still sucks as a receiver.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Tyree is not ******* good! He made one play. Congrats. He still sucks as a receiver.
Yeah, him mentioning Tyree just means he knows absolutely nothing about the Giants.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Philip Rivers or Matt Ryan. Probably Matt Ryan.

And i'll take the San Diego front office.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

QB is a really interesting debate, I think you can make cases for several young QB's out there at the moment.

I'd go for Rivers to build the team around, I personally think out of all the class of young QB's there are, Rivers, Cutler, Ben, Eli, Rodgers, Ryan, Campbell etc. Rivers will have the best career. I like Cutler a lot but ultimately I think Rivers will just always be that little bit better than him. Ben takes too long to get rid of the ball and I think the heat his O-Line has took is starting to show it hasn't just been them. Eli after last year's playoff run has really matured into a solid QB, but I still have the question mark on him personally. Obviously as a Packers fan I'm very very happy with Rodgers and think he's a solid QB but will he ever make it to elite status? I'm not sure. Ryan has obviously started very well to his rookie career, but it's only 8/9? games in? Not enough time to compare him to Rivers, Eli, Ben etc. yet in my opinion. Campbell looks well set in Zorn's offense, and the amount of interceptions (or lack of) has been very impressive, but I don't rate him in the league of some of the QB's I've already mentioned.

The front office is tough for me as I haven't been following long, but from what I've seen I would pick it out of the Pats and Colts.

I'd have to go for the Pats in the end, they just seem to know how to do it, they draft well and seem to do the right things in free agency, Moss being the prime example with that steal from the Raiders. The Colts are pretty similar, draft well and makes the right noises in free agency, but as someone already said (Sniper I think) 3 rings over 1 would tip it for me.

QB: Rivers
F/O: Pats
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Yeah, him mentioning Tyree just means he knows absolutely nothing about the Giants.
Lay off the dumb comments, ladies. I didn't say Tyree was their go to WR. I'm just pointing out Eli has had to deal with losses in the WR corps. Now let's stick to the topic and not turn this into another one of these 'I know more than you' arguments that you messageboard hermits love to have. Get some sun and stop being angry. :)
Old 11-05-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Oh, and the front office award is a annual annual. People are talking about what front offices did in past years. I'm pretty sure the criteria is based on what's been done since March. The Falcons should get it right now for getting the Raiders to trade a 2nd for DeOverratedelo Hall. :D
Old 11-05-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lay off the dumb comments, ladies. I didn't say Tyree was their go to WR. I'm just pointing out Eli has had to deal with losses in the WR corps. Now let's stick to the topic and not turn this into another one of these 'I know more than you' arguments that you messageboard hermits love to have. Get some sun and stop being angry. :)
You're my new favorite poster.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can i pick ryan clady and indy's front office?
please?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler
My own FO
Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Did this happen?
Yes it did, It was about terrelle Pryor, the guy made a thread and compared his measurables to julius pepper's and said he would be a great DE because he would know what the QB was thinking. He also suggested that they should do with to all strong/mobile qbs
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Big Ben and the Ravens' FO.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
1. Jay Cutler, I love Eli and he's clutch but Cutler has the ability to be prolific and carry his team when he has no help more regularly.

2. Jerry Reece, loose 1 Hall of Fame DE to retirement and one All-Pro caliber DE to injury and still have a top defense? That kind of depth doesn't just happen, add to that he's got us Three deep at RB, 6 deep at WR and a versatile oline, and Reece deserves mad props for the team he's put together.
do you hate the letter s or something?

gimme Eli and Reese, ftw!

yea, I'm a homer, so what
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote