Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sean Taylor To Enter The Ring of Honor

Quote:
The Redskins are announcing that the slain safety will be indicuted into the Ring on Nov. 30, when the Giants visit FedEx Field.
More details of the ceremony are to come. Sean was shot and killed last November, and remains in the hearts and minds of his coaches and teammates.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red..._the_ring.html
Old 11-05-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely nice to see.

Anyone think they gonna retire his jersey?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that too.. Man dumbing down the standards I see. He was a great player, who I actually wanted that year, but ring of fame already? Come on now. What's next hall of fame candidate? Retiring his jersey? Statue in his honor?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am probably going to be in the minority with my opinion by here it is. It's obviously an unbelieveable gesture by the franchise to do this, but I think it's a bit over-the-top. He was a good human being, an emerging star in the league, and died tragically but this is not what the ring of honor is truely intended for. I could see a momument or symbol across the stadium, like St. Louis did for DK, but I think this move in some ways discredits what others on the Ring of Honor have done for the organization.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I saw that too.. Man dumbing down the standards I see. He was a great player, who I actually wanted that year, but ring of fame already? Come on now. What's next hall of fame candidate? Retiring his jersey? Statue in his honor?
He was one of the best players we ever had of course he is going the the ring of fame and i hope they retire his jersey number
Old 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was one of the best players we ever had of course he is going the the ring of fame and i hope they retire his jersey number
He was good, but best players of all time? That's really pushing it. What happened to him was horrific, but everything that's happened afterwards has really been over to top.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
That's a slap in the face to all the great players you guys had. He had sick, sick potential, and may have been a hall of famer in the future. He was still had a long ways to go to straighten out his life, and having a kid helped him out big time. But like I said he was on track, but not there yet. As far as his game, he made some sick plays, but also blow coverages as well. I have no doubt that element would have been fixed later in his career as he developed, since he was so young, but to put him in the ring of honor is a disgrace to the guys who actually deserved it.

It's almost as if you're a good player and you have an untimely passing, that you from good-great to elite overnight with fans going all out for you. I understand it's a sad situation, and I know he was a great player, but I have no doubt in my mind this is WAY over the top.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're not a skins fan then **** your opinion doesn't matter really because you don't know what he meant to this town. I respect the franchise for doing this.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
If you're not a skins fan then **** your opinion doesn't matter really because you don't know what he meant to this town. I respect the franchise for doing this.
What kinds of impact did he have on the town?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly though, the ring of honor is for the fans and the fans loved and will always remember Sean Taylor. I really don't have a problem with this because I know that 90% of the Redskins fans will approve of this happening.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Give me a break! Our opinion is as good as yours! Just because we don't sip the Burgendy and gold kool-aid doesn't mean we can't comment on it, especially since this FORUM is the NFL talk one, and not the extremeskins MB!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its cool
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Cardinals can retire Pat Tillman's number then the Redskins can put Sean Taylor in the Ring of Fame.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Piece of **** Giants homers need to stop posting in this thread, 1 in particular he was a great player and its a great sign of respect and recognition for the franchise and its fans.
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very classy thing to do by the Redsinks, I really like this
Old 11-05-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
Piece of **** Giants homers need to stop posting in this thread, 1 in particular he was a great player and its a great sign of respect and recognition for the franchise and its fans.
Well that is uncalled for. Just say the second part of your statement and the first part of your statement making you look like an ass would be ignored.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classy move by the Redskins. I don't think others in this elite Redskins club would take offense to Taylor being inducted.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pissed because this is going to raise ticket prices for that game. I was planning on driving down for it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who cares, it's the Redskins' choice to honor him, if he was a fan favorite then this is the right thing to do for the franchise

if it was something instituted by the NFL, then there's a argument, but the Redskins' have the right to do whatever they want for their players and fans
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
who cares, it's the Redskins' choice to honor him, if he was a fan favorite then this is the right thing to do for the franchise

if it was something instituted by the NFL, then there's a argument, but the Redskins' have the right to do whatever they want for their players and fans
exactly, if u have anything negative to say about this move then u are just a hater or ******* ignorant

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
exactly, if u have anything negative to say about this move then u are just a hater or ******* ignorant
I agree. The Skins to do whatever they want to honor him. But the only reason he is getting this done is because of the tragic nature of his death. But it still seems like a good way to honor him.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I agree. The Skins to do whatever they want to honor him. But the only reason he is getting this done is because of the tragic nature of his death. But it still seems like a good way to honor him.
Any wrongful death is tragic. Scratch that, all death is tragic when you die that young.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Any wrongful death is tragic. Scratch that, all death is tragic when you die that young.
Agreed. My point was that it was his death and not his play on the field (although great in a short time), that is warranting this honor. If Sean Taylor didn't die tragically but blew out his knee the following week, and then blew it out again the following season and had to retire, he wouldn't be receiving this honor.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
That's a slap in the face to all the great players you guys had. He had sick, sick potential, and may have been a hall of famer in the future. He was still had a long ways to go to straighten out his life, and having a kid helped him out big time. But like I said he was on track, but not there yet. As far as his game, he made some sick plays, but also blow coverages as well. I have no doubt that element would have been fixed later in his career as he developed, since he was so young, but to put him in the ring of honor is a disgrace to the guys who actually deserved it.

It's almost as if you're a good player and you have an untimely passing, that you from good-great to elite overnight with fans going all out for you. I understand it's a sad situation, and I know he was a great player, but I have no doubt in my mind this is WAY over the top.

So do you think that the people that are in the ring of fame well feel like its a slap in the face? Wonder what joe gibbs would think
Old 11-05-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Agreed. My point was that it was his death and not his play on the field (although great in a short time), that is warranting this honor. If Sean Taylor didn't die tragically but blew out his knee the following week, and then blew it out again the following season and had to retire, he wouldn't be receiving this honor.
No **** but it was his play on the field and desire for the game that overwhelmed this DC are and won the hearts of every fan. You can't find me one skins fan probably that would say he wasn't their favorite player before he died. Nobody could deny how great of a football player he was so like I said before **** cause you are speaking on something that has nothing to do with you or the Redskins. It's pretty obvious to me there is jealousy/hatred going on either that or you are heartless.

Steddy Ambition!