Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-05-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Huff

If he is released like it seems he might, we should sign him up. I know we Ndukwe and White but he is a huge upgrade. I think a Huff/Ndukwe safety tandem will instantly make us so much better on Defense. Huff out roaming deep and Ndukwe doing what he does up on the line.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not getting him confused with Hall are you? I hadn't heard anything about Huff being potentially cut.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3684396

At his Monday news conference, interim Raiders coach Tom Cable said he was thinking of making more changes in the starting lineup. Since taking over for Lane Kiffin, Cable has benched receiver Ronald Curry and safety Michael Huff.

Well if you bench the talent it might be a foreshadowing...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-05-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Huff has pretty much been a bust in Oakl. Why would we think that all of the sudden he is going to play like the 1st rd draft pick that he was predicted to? I think the guy just doesn't have it. I'm happy with White as our future with Chine
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn would I bypass Christmas to get this guy in the Blue and Orange.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
Huff has pretty much been a bust in Oakl. Why would we think that all of the sudden he is going to play like the 1st rd draft pick that he was predicted to? I think the guy just doesn't have it. I'm happy with White as our future with Chine
He hasnt been a bust so much as in the wrong spot. He needs to be allowed to roam. In Oakland he has had to do a lot of in the box stuff which he is not good at. Its like making DWare drop back into coverage every play instead of blitzing

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be a nice addition but it really is more of a luxury thing IMO. We have two young safeties who have great potential and I think using this money at that position wouldn't be very ideal. We have more pressing needs. Plus, the guy probably makes more money than White and Ndukwe combined.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

We cut Thorton and Jackson to make room ;)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin White reminds me of Huff..not as atheltic though.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

He is very talented that is for sure. But Im not sure I would pass on Huff...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-05-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take him for sure but I'm happy with what we've got.

Given our record with FA signings I wouldn't get my hopes up if he is released.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Huff isn't a tackler and isn't a ballhawk.he certainly wasn't worth picking #7 overall and could be considered a bust.He is however excellent in man coverage.If you need a guy who can cover both TEs and WRs well, Huffs your guy.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
CincinnatiBengals15

We already have a Michael Huff type saftey in Marvin White Huff has been a bust for how high he was taken he is good takler but not great in coverage I would not mind having him on this team but i would not overpay for him
Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
J24
Rookie

J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.

Marvin White is more of a strong saftey suited for playing in the box and stopping the run.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Marvin is exactly the versatile type of safety that ML always says he wants. I see Chinny as more of the in the box safety out of the two.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Marvin just isn't that good. I don't think he is a huge liability that makes finding a replacement a huge priority but I do think he is a below average NFL starter who makes way too many mistakes and misses way too many tackles.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

We're talking about a first year starter here who does have nice potential. Our secondary is probably the least of our worries when healthy. Give Marvin some time to adjust to the NFL and maybe grab a mid-late round safety for insurance. Micheal Huff is probably not the answer.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

But appearently Mike Doss is:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7366

Typical signing and not impressed...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Mike Doss is the answer because we signed him? please.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-10-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lame. Totally lame.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Didn't Mike Doss get arrested on a gun charge a couple years ago? That likely convinced Mike Brown to pursue his signing. After all, it's Christmas and he was out of work.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
He hasnt been a bust so much as in the wrong spot. He needs to be allowed to roam. In Oakland he has had to do a lot of in the box stuff which he is not good at. Its like making DWare drop back into coverage every play instead of blitzing
Just to point out, he's been playing free safety this year. And he's been pretty awful.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Huff will be a star on another team. Everyone will bust in Oakland. He needs to cross the bay.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think Huff will be a star on another team. Everyone will bust in Oakland. He needs to cross the bay.
Maybe. He's got above average covering skills I could see him continue to improve on somewhere else with better coaching however I wouldn't expect him to be some kind of big playmaker by any means.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:13 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Mike Doss is the answer because we signed him? please.
Not my opinion, just going off the post prior to mine and stating they signed him..

My opinion is, what the F*CK ever !!! Yet another Ohio State castoff who has been in trouble with the law and Mike Brown thinks he can turn his life around to not only be a model citizen, but a playmaker on his defense.

I'm guessing neither happen and Mike Brown still can't figure out why Bengals fans HATE him so much...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote