Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-09-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
I guess Texas has someone nice coming in for their OC job, Chip Brown tweeted that fans would be happy with the hiring. Wonder who it could be.
It's Mack Brown

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Davis is UTs next OC.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

uga db coach steps down
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
I guess Texas has someone nice coming in for their OC job, Chip Brown tweeted that fans would be happy with the hiring. Wonder who it could be.
I heard Kyle Shanahan is in the mix but I hear the top guy is already an OC elsewhere so who knows. If I was a paid user on the Texas sites I'd see who Chip Brown was talking about but it just seems really stupid to pay to know something a few days early. I highly doubt it's Morris also, upwards of 6 million dollars for a year or 2 seems pointless but the more I read the more it sounds like we are giving Strong the checkbook to make a splash and not just bring along Watson.

My guess was Tom Herman at OSU so I'll wait until that doesn't happen before I count that out. And if we are just going to throw names out I'd love, Scott Frost at Oregon would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I heard Kyle Shanahan is in the mix but I hear the top guy is already an OC elsewhere so who knows. If I was a paid user on the Texas sites I'd see who Chip Brown was talking about but it just seems really stupid to pay to know something a few days early. I highly doubt it's Morris also, upwards of 6 million dollars for a year or 2 seems pointless but the more I read the more it sounds like we are giving Strong the checkbook to make a splash and not just bring along Watson.

My guess was Tom Herman at OSU so I'll wait until that doesn't happen before I count that out. And if we are just going to throw names out I'd love, Scott Frost at Oregon would be great.
I would be surprised if it were Herman with Braxton coming back.

Herman has some good packages, but his playcalling leaves a lot to be desired. But a lot of that could be Braxton making the wrong reads.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Penn State afford this?

Quote:
Coach Franklin’s contract is for approximately 3.5 million a year which makes him the fifth highest paid coach in the SEC just behind Nick Saban, Kevin Sumlin, Les Miles, and Steve Spurrier. According to a source in the athletic department there is no buy out clause. But the way the contract is written the turf on the football field that was put down two years ago and the new 31 million dollar indoor practice facility is tied to Coach Franklin and his contract. And if he leaves whichever school wants our coach has to pay off the upgrades that Franklin asked for and received.
http://fansided.com/2014/01/10/james...lity-upgrades/
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Yes, though I don't see how that would go over well...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yes, though I don't see how that would go over well...
Is there any negative buzz amongst PSU fans now about Franklin due the rape stuff at Vandy?
Old 01-10-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Is there any negative buzz amongst PSU fans now about Franklin due the rape stuff at Vandy?
Not that I've heard/seen. Most people I know are happy about him. The only time I've seen it brought up, it has been to praise him for immediately throwing the players off the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God Texas is dumb

FootballScoop Staff ?@footballscoop 14m
Haven’t spoken w Charlie; but get the sense that there has been quite a power struggle already in Austin re: hiring his coordinators
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former Cane Lamar Thomas is going to coach Receivers at Louisville, he was with Petrino at Western Kentucky.

Also Dave Brandon says Doug Nussmeier is not going to be a top five paid assistant in college football.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
God Texas is dumb

Havenít spoken w Charlie; but get the sense that there has been quite a power struggle already in Austin re: hiring his coordinators
Translation: I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'll wildly speculate.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly Chad Morris actually is a major contender for the Texas OC job. They're going to have to pay an insane amount to ever have a chance at that happening.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
God Texas is dumb

Havenít spoken w Charlie; but get the sense that there has been quite a power struggle already in Austin re: hiring his coordinators
So were dumb before we even make a move. That's great rationale right there. Especially considering he started it by saying he hadn't spoken with Charlie. If for instance, he wants Watson and we are pushing for Morris I highly doubt it would be Texas being stupid. Or we could let them pick someone then call them dumb for it *shrugs*

All I heard on Morris is he'll listen. But nearly 6 million for a year is a pretty penny. Not my money though.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hiring Morris just seems like a dumb idea. Like you said, it's their money so they can spend it how they please, but paying the $5M buyout plus whatever salary that he'll get for a coordinator who will probably be taking a head coaching job as soon as possible just seems like a dumb move.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-10-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Hiring Morris just seems like a dumb idea. Like you said, it's there money so they can spend it how they please, but paying the $5M buyout plus whatever salary he he'll get for a coordinator who will probably be taking a head coaching job as soon as possible just seems like a dumb move.
I'd be even more weary of Morris with the blueprint FSU and USC have laid out to shut that offense down. Granted very few (if any) Big 12 teams have defenses remotely close to FSU and USC.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Kiffin is officially bamas new OC
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Old 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
How does he keep getting jobs? USC offense sucked with him this year

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
His wife gives out many favors, many, many humiliating favors.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Papa John is Louisvilles biggest booster.
I'm aware, I went to school there. Is this somehow a bad thing?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
He knows people, it's that simple.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I havnt seen any. Just negative buzz about him not jerking off to penn state since 13 years old. I've never seen a fan base want a "their guy" instead of a good candidate more than this. They have no idea how to live with the idea that their head coaching job is a step to another job and not the peak of all coaching.

Most people like the hire. The amount that don't and their conviction humors me.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 01-10-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I'm aware, I went to school there. Is this somehow a bad thing?
No. I see it as the major redeeming quality of the school.

Especially wrt football. Papa John has made Louisville a major program in football.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I havnt seen any. Just negative buzz about him not jerking off to penn state since 13 years old. I've never seen a fan base want a "their guy" instead of a good candidate more than this. They have no idea how to live with the idea that their head coaching job is a step to another job and not the peak of all coaching.

Most people like the hire. The amount that don't and their conviction humors me.

It's sad but I feel like it'll pass in time. All people have known is JoePa attached to Penn St and some people can't detach themselves from that. It would be time to move on regardless, the fact that the era ended with all the lawsuits you would like to think it would be easier.

That said I think Franklin will do great positioning the school for a return after the sanctions end. He's not a long term answer but he certainly strikes me as the type who'll leave the place better then what he left it. I don't think he gets enough credit for turning Vandy around in the SEC, it's not a very easy task.

Quote: