Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Hiring Morris just seems like a dumb idea. Like you said, it's their money so they can spend it how they please, but paying the $5M buyout plus whatever salary that he'll get for a coordinator who will probably be taking a head coaching job as soon as possible just seems like a dumb move.
It is dumb and I donít see the point if in a year we are doing this again. We aren't winning the NC next year in Strongs 1st year with Baylor, UCLA, OU, and OK State all on the schedule. I don't mind spending money, but why not on a guy who would stay at least 3 years.

I would rather go grab a guy like Josh Henson from Missouri. He's from OK, was the recruiting coordinator for LSU for some highly rated classes and I love their offense. Familiar with this area and we'd have to pay up to get him here. He's a young guy in his 30's who might be good being an OC for a few years. We finally have some QB's here with potential in Heard and Swoopes so ideally I'd like whoever it is to see them to graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post

It's bogus, there is no buyout tied to facilities.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franklin to Penn State made official.

What a home-run hire.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Franklin to Penn State made official.

What a home-run hire.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a home run hire for Vandy after Frankin left would be Derek Mason.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I thought Morris would be getting a quick phone call if this job opened up.

edit: And just as I said that found this about Morris:

Quote:
New Texas Longhorns head coach Charlie Strong is working to fill up his coaching staff in Austin, and it appears that he will have his eyes set on one of the top offensive coordinators in the nation to fill the same role with Texas.

According to Chip Brown from 104.9 The Horn, the man who broke the news of Mack Brown stepping down and the Charlie Strong hiring, is reporting that Clemson Tigers offensive coordinator Chad Morris is the leading candidate for the job.

The only hang up for the Longhorns would be Morris’ $5 million buyout with the Tigers, but they have shown in the past that money is not a problem.

If Morris were to return to the state of Texas, he would be returning to the state where he won multiple State Championships with Lake Travis. He has ties to the area and would provide a boost on the field and in recruiting.
http://fansided.com/2014/01/11/repor...-texas-oc-job/

Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor is that Chris Rumph and Greg Brown will "voluntarily leave" Alabama and Ed Orgeron and Kevin Steele will be added to the staff.

If that's true then why even attempt to recruit?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's scary to think what Ed O could do at Bama
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Franklin is a prick and have zero respect for him you never ever should tell a college kid on the other team if your a coach to "suck my****". This was during the vandy uga game a few years back when a The DC and him about Threw down at midfield"
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Steele was offered the DC position at Louisville but turned it down which is leading people to think he's going to be added to the defensive coaching staff.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
No. I see it as the major redeeming quality of the school.

Especially wrt football. Papa John has made Louisville a major program in football.
He most certainly has. Paid for our stadium upgrade and about to contribute to another one.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I think we'll be announcing Watson as our OC. I can't really complain because I don't know much about him, but I hope Strong is prepared for all of his moves to be put under a microscope and criticized before a snap.

Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think we'll be announcing Watson as our OC. I can't really complain because I don't know much about him, but I hope Strong is prepared for all of his moves to be put under a microscope and criticized before a snap.
Is anyone upset about Duane Akina not being retained?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Chris Rumph is the new DL coach at Texas.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
He most certainly has. Paid for our stadium upgrade and about to contribute to another one.
The stadium could use some upgrading in I remember. It's been a few years since I've been there though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:40 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I really want him at OSU.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
The stadium could use some upgrading in I remember. It's been a few years since I've been there though.
You've been to PJCS? It has been expanded and new seats have been put in over the last two years. We are also expanding again soon. As far as amenities and cleanliness, I believe its above average.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was there 3 or 4 years ago for the Kentucky game. Definitely don't remember being impressed by the place, above average is probably a good description.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Yea because he was very well liked here, but our CB's played pretty badly last year and there is no reason to not trust what Strong is doing on defense at the least. I also heard we got Joe Wickline from OK State which probably means we have our OC already, seems weird we wouldn't have one and Strong would already start picking some of his staff. Wickline is a huge get though. Last year we pulled in the #1 Center, #4 and #9 Tackles, and all 3 guys may need to play quite a bit.

edit: It's being rumored that we already have our OC in place, otherwise we wouldn't be signing the position coaches. Wickline, Jimmie Robinson from USC to coach the RB's, things seem to change a lot but I'm reading it's Lincoln Riley from ECU. He's not a big name but his resume there and at Texas Tech is pretty impressive. He was apart of those Crabtree big years, knows this area very well in terms of recruiting, and was Leach' right hand man for some years. I just prefer that type of offense to keep up in this conference.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 01-12-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UGA Todd grantham to be DC at Louisville for 1 million per year lol
Old 01-12-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Louisville really out spend Georgia for a coordinator? Or is Georgia taking the buyout to get a better DC?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:14 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Can Louisville really out spend Georgia for a coordinator? Or is Georgia taking the buyout to get a better DC?
He has been offered the job and I doubt UGA wants to give another raise to the man in charge of the worse defense in school history.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, I'm pretty certain Georgia are happily letting him walk.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yep, I'm pretty certain Georgia are happily letting him walk.
Can't blame them with how underachieving the defense has been.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

They were some rumblings he was told to look for a job not sure if that's true. If he does leave the name to look for to replace him is chris wilson from msu