Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-28-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gators hire O-Line coach Addazzio to take over as OC

http://beta.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3795238
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former Arkansas and current Tulsa OC Gus Malzahn to Auburn...

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/12/...ahn_as_of.html
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Looks like Chavis to LSU per ESPN and Chris Low

I don't buy the part about bringing his DL coach with him, though, because I've heard from reliable people that it's Ed Orgeron or Brick Haley being hired in that capacity eventually.

I think Vance Joseph could be brought in to coach DBs too.

That would be a sick staff.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post

Talk about a great hire by Auburn. This is the attention grabber that they needed to make.

Also, John Chavis to LSU seems to be a lock and I think it's a good enough hire. I think there are better options out there. If Orgeron comes in to coach our D line then it will be a home run.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Nix is fired by Miami. Apparently he wanted to open it up more with the spread, which I like, but his playcalling is horrible so I'm glad to see him go. Pro-style or spread is irrelevant if the OC calls awful plays.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Looks like Chavis to LSU per ESPN and Chris Low

I don't buy the part about bringing his DL coach with him, though, because I've heard from reliable people that it's Ed Orgeron or Brick Haley being hired in that capacity eventually.

I think Vance Joseph could be brought in to coach DBs too.

That would be a sick staff.
Just like me and you discussed over a week ago, this SHOULD be a great fit maybe not this upcoming season since some adjusting may still be taking place but come 2010 LSU's D should be back to being nasty.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

At the very least he'll have them ready to play every week, which is something the previous guy couldn't do.

I thought last night that things might be moving in the way of George Edwards (Dolphins LB coach) but..apparently not lol
Old 12-30-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Looks like Ed Orgeron is probably coming to LSU

Groovy.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Mexico State signed UCLA's defensive coordinater, DeWayne Walker, as their new head coach.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
New Mexico State signed UCLA's defensive coordinater, DeWayne Walker, as their new head coach.
Hope that doesn't force LB Reggie Carter and CB Al Verner to declare. Both filed paperwork
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Looks like Ed Orgeron is probably coming to LSU

Groovy.
Lucky bastards...As if you guys needed any more help coaching defensive linemen.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

I think I'm more excited about the possibility of him coaching our linemen than anything.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

I think he's going to UT now.

I feel played.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terry Bowden is back!

At North Alabama though. Still good to see him back in coaching after a decade in the announcing booth
Old 01-01-2009, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post

Interesting. Thought they would go for a more traditional hire with Franklin not working out.

It's a good hire, as long as he's allowed to get his own assistants, and Auburn is patient, unlike they were with Franklin, if it doesn't work out the first couple games/year.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-01-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see our old buddy Scott Shafer is now the DC for Syracuse. Wish him well, and as I mentioned before, i don't think he was ready for Michigan
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody know where I can find info on University of New Hampshire coaching staffs dating back to 1994?

Trying to figure out who our next DL and WR coaches will be.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw today that Ron Zook hired TCU's offensive coordinator to the same position at Illinois. Great,great hire, brings instant credibility to the coaching there.

I actually really like Ron Zook and always find myself rooting for Illinois.

Here's the link -

http://www.illinihq.com/news/footbal...e_coordinator/
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Saw today that Ron Zook hired TCU's offensive coordinator to the same position at Illinois. Great,great hire, brings instant credibility to the coaching there.

I actually really like Ron Zook and always find myself rooting for Illinois.

Here's the link -

http://www.illinihq.com/news/footbal...e_coordinator/
Fix your sig. It's too big
Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I can't wait to see a link to Spurrier's retire/SC's new hire here. Just lying in wait.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Gators hire O-Line coach Addazzio to take over as OC

http://beta.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3795238
I KNEW I recognized that name, his daughter went to my highschool and junior high.

That is so crazy that he is at Florida now.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, bc will be fired if he interviews for jets job

says he will do so anyways

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3810186

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brick Haley was indeed hired by LSU as d-line coach. As a Bears fan all I can say is good luck with that. It's nice for him to leave on his own though, as he was going to be fired within the week for Rod Marinelli anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Actually..I'm not so sure it's Haley at this time. I think it'll end up being him more than likely but I think somebody jumped the gun there..

Last I heard LSU was waiting on a decision from Alabama DL coach Bo Davis.

Looks like Ron Cooper is leaving South Carolina to be the DB coach at LSU too. That's a nice pickup, wow. I like that.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC defensive coordinator Nick Holt to assume same position at Washington.

Also their is a rumor of Willie Mcginest being USC's next D line coordinator.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote