Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Actually..I'm not so sure it's Haley at this time. I think it'll end up being him more than likely but I think somebody jumped the gun there..

Last I heard LSU was waiting on a decision from Alabama DL coach Bo Davis.
He was on campus today so if it's not him they've got a funny way of showing it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Yeah, as soon as I posted that I heard.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparantly there are rumors floating that Michigan is talking to Ted Ginn Sr about becoming it's new DC. I don't think there's any truth to that, but there's apparantly an article about it for premium on scout, and the bleacher report mentions the rumor in this article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...es-their-class

Again I don't buy it, but it is something
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
apparantly there are rumors floating that Michigan is talking to Ted Ginn Sr about becoming it's new DC. I don't think there's any truth to that, but there's apparantly an article about it for premium on scout, and the bleacher report mentions the rumor in this article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...es-their-class

Again I don't buy it, but it is something
I'll eat my shoe if that happens. That's the dumbest rumor I've ever heard of. I'm not calling you out, rather the person who came up with it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I'll eat my shoe if that happens. That's the dumbest rumor I've ever heard of. I'm not calling you out, rather the person who came up with it.
not taking it as a call out as I said that I don't buy it myself. I do know that Rodriguez has been trying to create a good relationship with Ginn, but I can't see it.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
not taking it as a call out as I said that I don't buy it myself. I do know that Rodriguez has been trying to create a good relationship with Ginn, but I can't see it.
I really can't see it. I mean, Ginn is such a big-time OSU guy that this would be one of the greatest recruitments of all time haha.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginn Sr. and Rodriguez have a very good relationship. Ginn's problem was with Lloyd Carr and not Michigan in general. Carr's recruitment of his son (or lack there of) is why Ginn never sent his players to Michigan.

That said, that rumor seems to be total crap. Glenville is a very poorly coached team and promoting a high school coach to a big time college defensive coordinator doesn't make sense.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Ginn Sr. and Rodriguez have a very good relationship. Ginn's problem was with Lloyd Carr and not Michigan in general. Carr's recruitment of his son (or lack there of) is why Ginn never sent his players to Michigan.
Explain please?

Quote:
That said, that rumor seems to be total crap. Glenville is a very poorly coached team and promoting a high school coach to a big time college defensive coordinator doesn't make sense.
I thought Gville was good?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Explain please?

I thought Gville was good?
if I remember correctly he had a problem with how Llyod wanted to use Ginn and/or how he viewed him as a player.

They are good I think, but it's mostly talent if I'm not mistaken. Kind of like a Bishop McDevitt from PA
Old 01-05-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenville always produces great college talent, but they always under-perform on the field (in High School).
Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Jeff Jadogzinski still plans on interviewing for the Jets job.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3811657

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Glenville always produces great college talent, but they always under-perform on the field (in High School).
I agree on the underperfoming bit, but I would ******* kill to get the chance to bring Glenville talent into maize and gold. If we could find any sort of spot besides DC for Ginn Sr., do it

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Also, what is the reasoning for Holt jumping to Washington? Are him and Sarkisian that good of friends? I can't imagine why anyone would prefer the same position at Washington over Southern Cal.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, what is the reasoning for Holt jumping to Washington? Are him and Sarkisian that good of friends? I can't imagine why anyone would prefer the same position at Washington over Southern Cal.
The ESPN article claimed that Pete Carroll never let Holt have sole control of the defense. He'll have total control at Washington
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
The ESPN article claimed that Pete Carroll never let Holt have sole control of the defense. He'll have total control at Washington
If Washington is patient with Sarkisian and his staff I really think that they can turn that program around given 3-4 years.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gophers offensive coordinator Mike Dunbar "resigned" today. Not a surprise. We hired the OL guru from Alabama (can't remember his name), and offered the OC job to the St.Louis assistant that eventually went to Tennessee (though they tried to keep it hush-hush)

I expect the Gophers to go back to a spread with more power running (similar to what Texas runs) in the same way that we run the 3-4 half the time with Ted Roof.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 01-06-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Also, Ted Roof took the DC job at Auburn, which is disappointing.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, Ted Roof took the DC job at Auburn, which is disappointing.
Mod on GI posted that he thinks it will be Chuck Long and Greg Robinson as the new coordinators... that's an absolute dream scenario and I find it hard to believe Brewster will be able to pull that off.

I do think it will be a position coach from a place like Oklahoma, Missouri, or Texas for the offensive coordinator.

No clue on the DC.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.

OL Coach Eric Wolford leaves Illinois for South Carolina.

This could kill Illinois with some of those Ohio recruits.
dansaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint View Post

Illinois' offensive coaching staff got raped this offseason
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.

Illini did get Mike Schultz from TCU as the new OC. Heard mix reviews about him

http://www.illinihq.com/news/footbal...illinois_setup
dansaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:04 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Saw today that Ron Zook hired TCU's offensive coordinator to the same position at Illinois. Great,great hire, brings instant credibility to the coaching there.

I actually really like Ron Zook and always find myself rooting for Illinois.

Here's the link -

http://www.illinihq.com/news/footbal...e_coordinator/
I dont like some of his play calls. He is in love with the option even with Dalton at QB at TCU. He had Michael Turner that runs everyone over but yet he always put in this smaller back to do the option that never worked. He never passes the ball either. He is like 90% run.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint View Post

Hooray!

Oh wait, Spurrier is still the coach. :(

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Former heisman runner-up and current Oklahoma QB coach Josh Heupel is set to take the OC job for the University of Minnesota.

This makes me a little moist.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas has hired Louisville DC Bill Miller to be the co-DC and LB's coach