Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
So would prefer Mike Stoops as DC and Fickell as co-DC or something.
that is the rumor right now. would be quite a start to the new staff if true. Stoops DC/DB coach, Fickell Asst. HC/DL coach or LB coach.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Times-Picayune is reporting that New Orleans Saints WR coach Curtis Johnson is the front runner for the Tulane position. He's the one that recruited both Reggie Wayne and Ed Reed to come to Miami when he was the WR coach there.

As far as I was concerned there was always 3 candidates for Tulane: Johnson, Rich Rod, and Hudspeth. Johnson would be a great hire as he knows the city, knows the high schools, and would likely install an offense similar to what the Saints run.
Doesn't hurt being a black man in New Orleans either, quite frankly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Soapy Papoose
Rookie

Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.

Don't know how reputable this site is, but it mentions Lionel Washington, Oakland's DB coach as an option as well for Tulane
Soapy Papoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Doesn't hurt being a black man in New Orleans either, quite frankly.
No, it doesn't. All the best recruiters in the New Orleans area are black: Larry Porter, Frank Wilson, and Curtis Johnson, when he coached in college. The only exception to that rule is Ed Orgeron but he's a local.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Wisconsin OC Paul Chryst is being considered for the Illinois job.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Wisconsin OC Paul Chryst is being considered for the Illinois job.
Right now he's my favorite for the Illinois job.

This article says that Michigan State's DC, Pat Narduzzi, is on the list as well for Illinois:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5876345.story

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 11-29-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
I think he'll get it. He's the first person I thought of when Zook was fired.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think he'll get it. He's the first person I thought of when Zook was fired.
Like his offense and I think it will work at Illinois. How is he as a recruiter?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Wulff officially has been fired.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Washington State has fired Paul Wulff. Mike Leach is the hot name to be hired in Pullman.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Here's my updated predictions list:

Washington State - Mike Leach
UCLA - Mike Bellotti
Ole Miss - Hugh Freeze
Arizona State - Kevin Sumlin
Houston (Sumlin's replacement) - Jason Phillips
Penn State - Dan Mullen
Mississippi State - Mark Hudspeth
Tulane - Curtis Johnson
Illinois - Paul Chryst
Akron - Paul Winters
UAB - Jeff Monken
North Carolina - Skip Holtz
South Florida (Holtz replacement) - Mario Cristobal
Kansas - Brent Venables

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-29-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Soapy Papoose
Rookie

Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Here's my updated predictions list:

Washington State - Mike Leach
UCLA - Mike Bellotti
Ole Miss - Hugh Freeze
Arizona State - Kevin Sumlin
Houston (Sumlin's replacement) - Jason Phillips
Penn State - Dan Mullen
Mississippi State - Mark Hudspeth
Tulane - Curtis Johnson
Illinois - Paul Chryst
Akron - Paul Winters
UAB - Jeff Monken
North Carolina - Skip Holtz
South Florida (Holtz replacement) - Mario Cristobal
Kansas - Brent Venables
Seems reasonable. I think Ole Miss will go Larry Fedora and UAB will go John Neal, Oregon's secondary coach, as he was an assistant there before. Do you think Malzahn will get a gig somewhere?
Soapy Papoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Tressel is supposedly talking to Akron.

Dunno if it's to coach (doubtful, but maybe with the show cause stuff that the NCAA will stick on him) or if it's to consult for the hire.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy Papoose View Post
Seems reasonable. I think Ole Miss will go Larry Fedora and UAB will go John Neal, Oregon's secondary coach, as he was an assistant there before. Do you think Malzahn will get a gig somewhere?
Not this year. Maybe not ever following that **** that his wife did. If you missed it you can check it out here:

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-29-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Jim Tressel is supposedly talking to Akron.

Dunno if it's to coach (doubtful, but maybe with the show cause stuff that the NCAA will stick on him) or if it's to consult for the hire.
I wouldnt want to see that at all. Don't need him taking good Ohio kids that we want away from us.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I believe Tressel is only consulting. I see no reason he would leave the NFL or any collegiate team that would risk hiring him based on how he left Ohio State.

Paul Winters would be a fantastic hire by Akron. He has strong ties to the program, has done a phenomenal job at Wayne St, and is an "Akron man" if that phrase even exists.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-29-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It does. I lived in Akron for three years. It very much views itself as separate from Cleveland.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so long as Mark Stoops stays in Tally another year I'll be happy (I have no delusions he isn't a HC by 2013).
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Mike Martz has interest in the AZ State job. Not sure how much traction that has though.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not this year. Maybe not ever following that **** that his wife did. If you missed it you can check it out here:

What in the sweet lord?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Apparently Mike Martz has interest in the AZ State job. Not sure how much traction that has though.
He doesn't strike me as the type who will enjoying sucking up to 17 year old kids to come to his school. Brock Osweiler would have to love that potential hire though.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors that if Mullen takes the PSU job, Mark Hudspeth could and will join him.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Meyer v. Mullen will be awesome with all things being equal.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rumors that if Mullen takes the PSU job, Mark Hudspeth could and will join him.
I've heard Hudspeth's name come up for the Mississippi State if Mullen leaves. Why be a coordinator when you can be a head coach?

Also, hearing that Jay Gruden could be accepting the UCLA job

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-29-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I've heard Hudspeth's name come up for the Mississippi State if Mullen leaves. Why be a coordinator when you can be a head coach?

Also, hearing that Jay Gruden could be accepting the UCLA job
I've also heard that rumor regarding Hudspeth. Who knows.