Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Why do you have to be a grammar nazi in every ******* thread I read? It's far more annoying watching you on your high horse correcting sentences than it is seeing people "Who type lk dis" If apostrophes and commas really make you want to stab someone you need to get out more, the internet should never affect someone to that degree. We get your point, you've made it past English 101, give it a ******* break.
Then learn to ******* use the English language properly! Jesus Christ, it's really not that ******* hard.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
you need too relax dude. i think you get off too corecting someone's spelling errors. if i was getting graded for ecvery post by my 4th grade teacher on syntax and grammar. you wanting to stab someone makes me think your boyfriend is in serious danger if he yells O-M-G rather and oh my god period/explanation point.

relax man

you come off as a prick and not only do you think our opinion's or information is tainted by seppling errors but everything you type after correcting someone is moot. stop it. for you're own sake

kthanx

im helping YOU out bro
Again, sorry for expecting a grammatical understanding of a fourth grader on a message board most frequently populated by members between the ages of 16 and 30, on average. My bad.

Last edited by Sniper : 11-08-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a message board, and your not a 4th grade teacher grading papers so relax, i've never met someone who would get mad because of a grammatical error.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Then learn to ******* use the English language properly! Jesus Christ, it's really not that ******* hard.
Maybe you should stop posting here then? I mean didn't you already "retire" anyway?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You should never start a sentence with "and"
Finding Forrester says otherwise...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I am a science major, I was just pretending that I knew something about grammar for a minute.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forrester: Paragraph three starts...with a conjunction, "and." You should never start a sentence with a conjunction.

Jamal: Sure you can.

Forrester: No, it's a firm rule.

Jamal: No, it was a firm rule. Sometimes using a conjunction at the start of a sentence makes it stand out. And that may be what the writer's trying to do.

Forrester: And what is the risk?

Jamal: Doing it too much. It's a distraction. And it could give your piece a run-on feeling. But for the most part, the rule on using "and" or "but" at the start of a sentence is pretty shaky. Even though it's still taught by too many professors. Some of the best writers have ignored that rule for years, including you.

(I like this movie a lot.)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 11-07-2008 at 02:11 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dude, THE INTRENETZ'S'S''S'S ISS' S'E'RIOUS BUIZNESS'!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Forrester: Paragraph three starts...with a conjunction, "and." You should never start a sentence with a conjunction.

Jamal: Sure you can.

Forrester: No, it's a firm rule.

Jamal: No, it was a firm rule. Sometimes using a conjunction at the start of a sentence makes it stand out. And that may be what the writer's trying to do.

Forrester: And what is the risk?

Jamal: Doing it too much. It's a distraction. And it could give your piece a run-on feeling. But for the most part, the rule on using "and" or "but" at the start of a sentence is pretty shaky. Even though it's still taught by too many professors. Some of the best writers have ignored that rule for years, including you.

(I like this movie a lot.)
+Rep, that is exactly the scene I thought of when I posted that.

I love that movie.

The plot of the story even overcame the fact that Busta Rhymes was cast.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football is a team sport, as the Titans have demostrated. Saying one guys is vital to the team's success more than the next is an insult to the rest of the team. Surrounding cast means alot. Without your teammates, each player is essentially nothing.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Football is a team sport, as the Titans have demostrated. Saying one guys is vital to the team's success more than the next is an insult to the rest of the team. Surrounding cast means alot. Without your teammates, each player is essentially nothing.
sounds good on paper

Old 11-07-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again, sorry for expecting a grammatical understanding of a fourth grader on an message board most frequently populated by members between the ages of 16 and 30, on average. My bad.
A pronoun followed by an adjective with no noun agreement? Tisk Tisk. Stop being a stickler. As long as you can comprehend the point being made why does it matter if they spell 'weird', 'wierd'?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A pronoun followed by an adjective with no noun agreement? Tisk Tisk. Stop being a stickler. As long as you can comprehend the point being made why does it matter if they spell 'weird', 'wierd'?
i before e except after c.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
i before e except after c.
Lol... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/weird

Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
or when sounding like "a"
as in neighbor or weigh

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Again, sorry for expecting a grammatical understanding of a fourth grader on an message board most frequently populated by members between the ages of 16 and 30, on average. My bad.
i ask you: what does it matter? at all?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Also. Not everyone is a native english speaker?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
or when sounding like "a"
as in neighbor or weigh
Touche. I'm not sure if that's the right spelling so I'll sound it out if you dont know what I;m trying to say. (two-shay)

Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To answer the initial question of the thread, Brian Westbrook and Donovan McNabb for the eagles.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
To answer the initial question of the thread, Brian Westbrook and Donovan McNabb for the eagles.
What about Runyan or Andrews?

Old 11-07-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about Runyan or Andrews?
We haven't had Andrews for most of the season and Max Jean-Gilles has filled in just fine. As for Runyan, Winston Justice is a pretty serviceable backup at RT.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
The Steelers are very tough. We saw without Willie and Ben they were fine. Casey Hampton has been integral, but Hoke always plays well. I'd probably say Polamalu. When he is out it does hurt our secondary a lot.
I'd say it's Aaron Smith. That defense absolutely fell apart last year after he went down.

For the Jags, it's Vince Manuwai, and it's really not that close.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I'd say it's Aaron Smith. That defense absolutely fell apart last year after he went down.

For the Jags, it's Vince Manuwai, and it's really not that close.
I agree with you and Stiller. It is Aaron Smith. When he isn't in the game the run D just is not the same.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Maddenhero
Rookie

Maddenhero hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bob Sanders - Colts
Adrian Peterson - Vikings
LT - Chargers
Clinton Portis - Redskins
Jay Cutler - Broncos
Maddenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenhero View Post
Bob Sanders - Colts
Adrian Peterson - Vikings
LT - Chargers
Clinton Portis - Redskins
Jay Cutler - Broncos
The Chargers have LT back and their still not playing well. Rivers is much more important to the teams success. Up untill this year I would have agreed with you.