Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
So any tackle that "Could" result in injury should result in a flag? I'm not whining and moaning.

Just asking when will we get back to real football.

No, You agree with the way the NFL is seeing it, which isn't agreeing with their definitions of the rules. They should update their rulebook or stop calling the ******** calls.
No, you're the one saying that he was trying to tackle him and not injure him, therefore he doesn't deserve to be fined/flagged.

You ARE whining and moaning. Look at the whole thread. It's about people complaining that the NFL is taking away from the game. Tough $***. If you don't like it, too freakin' bad.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
No, you're the one saying that he was trying to tackle him and not injure him, therefore he doesn't deserve to be fined/flagged.

You ARE whining and moaning. Look at the whole thread. It's about people complaining that the NFL is taking away from the game. Tough $***. If you don't like it, too freakin' bad.
I thought you were done?

We get it, you're better than the 4 people arguing that there was nothing wrong with Tucks sack.

I will come to you from now on all knowing Guru.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings' Jared Allen fined $50K for low hits
Old 11-07-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are making it a sissy *** game with all the fines but $10,000 of million dollar contracts has no impact. But basically soon tackling the QB will not be allowed.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
They are making it a sissy *** game with all the fines but $10,000 of million dollar contracts has no impact. But basically soon tackling the QB will not be allowed.
10k was also the same fine for someone gouging someone in the eye...

10k vs. Million dollar contracts is not the point.

A 1 dollar fine vs. someones 1k Paycheck is not a big deal, but if the person is not doing something wrong or against the rules, why are they fined in the first place?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

I hate Goodell. He is a tyrant, he keeps fining players for dumb reasons, I'm starting to believe the NFL just needs the money. Football is a contact sport, guys getting hit and hurt comes with the territory. I understand it is for player safety but at some point it becomes rediculous.

The Justin Tuck fine is just dumb, perfect form tackle nothing more nothing less and he was fined.

Also LET THE PLAYERS CELEBRATE! I fail to see what the issue is, they're playing a game that gets adrenaline going and the celebrations are fun to watch. You know you thought TO and CJ were entertaining and if you didn't, did you have a problem with it?

It is getting to the point that a player can't even raise a fist to celebrate a TD and to support the new president elect. Ridiculous.

On DeSean Jackson's first career PR for a TD he and Quintin Demps crossed their arms, looked at eachother and nodded their heads. Then they were fined 10 K each for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCzGiMwzQhs
^^
If you want an example, it is at the end of this interview. BTW they're both awesome.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people actually care when those guys who have millions of dollars pay 10k? Its not like they change their play style at all. They keep playing, keep getting fined, keep moaning and it starts from the beginning. Some guys sound like those fines totally changed how the defense tackles/plays.

I for myself couldnt care less who gets fined as long as it isnt a suspension

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

This is pathetic. Anyone who has ever played the game of football should be disgusted by this. Mark Schlereth was completely right with his rant today. ITS FOOTBALL. Theres tackling and helmets and pads for a reason. Its guys knocking the piss of each other. Take the QBs off the freakin pedestal Aiello. Late or obviously dirty hits are one thing, but laying a lick on the QB? Gimme a break. Don't turn this into pussyass soccer and let the men play.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some people on this board dont respect soccer enough. basketball on the other side...

Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

I said this a while ago, Goodell is a crap comissioner. The suspensions have been warranted because they were obvious but the fines and rule changes? Give me a break. Paul Tagliabue was a terrific Commisioner not just for pulling the NFL out of a potential lockout disaster, but also because he kept the sport fun. WHo cares about the celebrations? Obviously ones that delay the game like TO running to hte star would be one thing, but like Chris Johnson on the Bongo drums? It was creative and shouldn't of been fine.

Few years back In OT Atlanta lost to seattle on a long Alexander TD run and he waved bye to the fans jogging around the endzone. Atlanta thought it was fine-worthy. Tagliabue? It made him laugh.

Roger Goodell...you suck

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like fines. They take money that these greedy athletes would normally spend on useless crap like watches and 22 inch rims and gives it to charities that really need the money
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand certain fines. I understand giving Jared Allen some financial motivation to make sure he doesn't go flying into quarterback's knees. I understand that you want to minimize head injuries and need to financially motivate defensive backs not to headhunt on passes across the middle.

What I don't understand is fining a player for how he brings a player to the ground once he initiated a textbook tackle. Both the Woodley and Tuck sacks needed no flag and needed no fine. I get worried that the NFL is targeting a time where quarterbacks get shoved to the ground instead of tackled to the ground; where the tackling method on quarterbacks becomes entirely different than tackling other offensive players and becomes more akin to how one tackles punters (not at all).

I have no problem with the NFL trying to promote player safety, but it can never be at the expense of the game. Where that line is drawn depends on the person, but I think we're crossing the line right now, and it's hard to see.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I like fines. They take money that these greedy athletes would normally spend on useless crap like watches and 22 inch rims and gives it to charities that really need the money
I've never seen any proof that NFL Fines go into charity. In fact, the NFL has seemed pretty tight lipped on where these fines go.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I've never seen any proof that NFL Fines go into charity. In fact, the NFL has seemed pretty tight lipped on where these fines go.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-the-fines-go/
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

That's slightly re-assuring, although a bit less so when it would seem that player fines are tax deductible. Considering the forefront the fines are taking in the NFL landscape, I'd love to see an actual list of where these things are going, because what Aiello said was pretty vague.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Metsox, I seriously can't believe that you think Tuck deserved a penalty...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Metsox, I seriously can't believe that you think Tuck deserved a penalty...

roger goodell thinks it shouldnt have been a fine, and it isnt anymore

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3689275
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he unnecessarily drove the opposing quarterback to the ground.
Not all penalties deserve a fine, like Goodell said, but he was flagged properly. At least we won't have to hear any more whining and moaning from Giants fans.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I competely disagree that what Tuck did was unneccesary. He hit the quarterback square in the chest and his momentum carried them both back a couple yards with Tuck landing on top. That rule was inacted for players who had the quarterback wrapped up and then threw them into the ground or lifted the quarterback and body slammed them. Tuck did neither.

What I think bugs me the most about these things is that the NFL has come out and said exactly what they envision a safer league looking like. So we're either in a position where it looks like the NFL is fairly randomly and zealously flagging plays and fining players for playing normal football, or we're in a position where the NFL is trying to get their brand of football to change through fiscal punishment and haven't bothered to fill us in. Either way, it worries me.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiinginNJ View Post
roger goodell thinks it shouldnt have been a fine, and it isnt anymore

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3689275
Roger Goodell SUCKS! BRING BACK TAGS!

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MetSox, you're wrong on this. No disrespect.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow... this is going a bit far IMO (besides, that hit on Campbell looked amazing)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Hey Metsox-

Goodell took the fine on Tuck away, saying it was appropriate.

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Hey Metsox-

Goodell took the fine on Tuck away, saying it was appropriate.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't use Roger Goodell as a model of consistency, so i don't think this means much. I gave my thoughts on this already previously. If he didn't deem it worthy of a fine, that's okay with me. If he did, i would have supported it as well. I'm not gonna sit here and cry on how he should have been fined, but the referee deemed the tackle unnecessary, and during the game, that's whose opinion mattered most.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

NFL is a buisness. There is no fair or consistency ever in buisnesses. The QBs are there stars, they basically make the NFL the most money. What do buisnesses do? Try to protect that. They could fine everyone for no reason, as long as they still keep playing, the NFL doesnt care