Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
It can't hurt for the price.
I would've loved to have Hall on the Packers for that price, even if he just played nickel.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think what we are overlooking is his biggest value may come as a punt returner. Punt returns is one of our biggest weaknesses. Antwaan Randle El the past 3 years has consistently been the worst punt returner in the NFL. I am happy as long as he isn't going backwards. Honestly a 5 yard return is good for his standards. I even preferred James Thrash to him because I'd take a decisive 7 yards running straight, than Randle El circling back 10 yards and getting tackled. Santana has been dynamite in situational returns but we can't put him there because he is our WR corps. Hopefully Hall can provide a spark. CB is one of our draft needs so we will say how Hall plays out into our future plans.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Cliche Guevara

i wish the boys would have picked him up we need secondary help badly
Old 11-07-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
no need you have the matador ( see mike jenkins ) .
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one goes to Oakland and flourishes. Oakland is where players go to die.

Good pickup by the Redskins.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think what we are overlooking is his biggest value may come as a punt returner.
The guy has returned 13 punts in his entire career and has only tended to do so in extreme situations (injuries). I wouldn't rely on him as a punt returner.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I would've loved to have Hall on the Packers for that price, even if he just played nickel.
I completely disagree.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
The guy has returned 13 punts in his entire career and has only tended to do so in extreme situations (injuries). I wouldn't rely on him as a punt returner.
The only reason he never really returned punts was because he was his team's best player (In Atlanta), and one of the more expensive ones (Oakland). You don't trot out your best cover corner to risk getting destroyed by guys running full speed down hill.

He's gonna be the fourth corner, maybe eventually the third, in Washington, so i doubt they'll care about him risking injury out there. I'm with STRIP here in saying that he'll have a good impact as a returner as well.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm mad the Saints didn't sign him. Another sign of a franchise who never knows when to move when all the signs say "GO!"

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm mad the Saints didn't sign him. Another sign of a franchise who never knows when to move when all the signs say "GO!"
Yeah, with the problems they have at CB, anyone with anything resembling talent should be getting gobbled up by the Saints. Redskins are paying chump change for a guy that just might start caring again and play to his potential.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I completely disagree.
It wouldnt have affected my take on the team any more or any less. We showed our CB depth was serviceable for this year. If we went out and got him then I wouldn't have crowned ourselves division champs is all I'm saying. Williams is cheaper and knows the scheme and with a one year deal for Hall he sure is going to demand more next year. Maybe it would have been good say Harris or Woodson hung up the cleats but I can't see them considering for 2-3 more years atleast. If the Packers made the move I would've just been 'meh', that's the only way I can describe it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I was hoping he would go to Dallas or Washington.

Bring it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

I think you guys are missing why he was brought in..

First, he returns punts and we are in dire need of one a PR.. Secondly, Springs cap number is up there and oft injured so if Hall pans out I could see them cutting ties with Springs giving us a very good young secondary.... Hall, Rogers, Landry and Horton will be great for a long time if Hall can come back to fruition...

I'm starting to think that this is going to be like a Charles Woodson and Randy Moss type of thing. Elite talent, drops off at Raiders and then tears it up with a contender...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I think you guys are missing why he was brought in..

First, he returns punts and we are in dire need of one a PR.. Secondly, Springs cap number is up there and oft injured so if Hall pans out I could see them cutting ties with Springs giving us a very good young secondary.... Hall, Rogers, Landry and Horton will be great for a long time if Hall can come back to fruition...

I'm starting to think that this is going to be like a Charles Woodson and Randy Moss type of thing. Elite talent, drops off at Raiders and then tears it up with a contender...
if Hall gets going properly in Washington, the Raiders need to get really worried. That's a very very disturbing pattern.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Last edited by Addict : 11-08-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u mean in Washington?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
u mean in Washington?
yeah... I don't know what I was thinking.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was a dynamic punt returner in college. Like Pacman with the Cowboys his first way to earn more respect and minutes at DB would be to make an impact on special teams.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you didnt watch him much in college did you
Old 11-08-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude he has a 99 KR on Madden!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Dude he has a 99 KR on Madden!
oh **** nothin more to be said
Old 11-08-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The way i was pissed on how Randy Moss was traded for a 4th rounder last year, i'm gonna be even more upset if Hall starts playing at a top level again. The Raiders are such a joke.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
What makes you think he'd help it?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per roto.....

Quote:
ProFootballTalk cites a Keith Brooking radio interview on 680 The Fan in Atlanta that claims DeAngelo Hall tried to provoke a fight with a Falcon at halftime of last week's game in Oakland.
Brooking said that Hall was waiting in the tunnel to pick a fight, at which point the Falcon linebacker considered himself lucky to be removed "from all that mess." That "mess" would be Hall and his poisonous attitude, which apparently has a long way to go. There's been no indication that the incident led directly or even indirectly to Hall's Oakland release, but it's not like the Redskins can claim they didn't know what they were getting themselves into upon signing Hall.
Source: ProFootballTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He was a dynamic punt returner in college. Like Pacman with the Cowboys his first way to earn more respect and minutes at DB would be to make an impact on special teams.
Basically, he stopped doing alot of PR when he looked like a stud at corner in ATL, when your the 3rd or 4th DB special teams are gonna be your "niche" if you want to play early...It's not like he's a millionaire anymore, throw him back there and see how he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Petrino wanted him to return kicks (and play on offense) last season but he said he wanted to concentrate on CB.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote