Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Is Kamerion Wimbley a bust?
Yes 17 27.87%
No 44 72.13%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd love for him to come to NY and actually get someone to teach him a pass rush move other than the just running around the edge and dipping the shoulder. He's no bust although he hasn't progressed like he should've I blame the coaching entirely and would love to see him get an actually good mentor.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I'd love for him to come to NY and actually get someone to teach him a pass rush move other than the just running around the edge and dipping the shoulder. He's no bust although he hasn't progressed like he should've I blame the coaching entirely and would love to see him get an actually good mentor.
I wonder if Willie McGinest took him under his wing.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
even if he did McGinest's pass rush repetoire is only marginally more advanced than Joey Porter's, and porter's is in turn only marginally more advanced than Wimbley's.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not giving up on Wimbley quite yet. But it's not looking good so far.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yep, he's a bust. 11 sacks as a rookie, jack squat since. still time to pull a calvin pace though.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns had another guy rushing the passer on the other side, he will be solid. So I say no.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
If the Browns had another guy rushing the passer on the other side, he will be solid. So I say no.
Yeah, Willie McGinest, seriously ? You don't need another coach on the field. Get this stud some real help.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Yeah, Willie McGinest, seriously ? You don't need another coach on the field. Get this stud some real help.
I also dont think it helps that most of his defensive line are pass rushers and cant really hold the point of attack. Outside of Rogers and Wimbley, I wouldnt want anyone from that defense.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yep, he's a bust. 11 sacks as a rookie, jack squat since. still time to pull a calvin pace though.
everyone is SO quick to draw this kinda ****.

The learning curve for the average nfl player is 3-4 years. If you have a good rookie year, it doesn't mean you're exempt from said learning curve.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's a one dimensional speed rusher who has one move. He gets pressure sometimes, but not enough and almost never gets sacks or tfls anymore. The Browns linebackers in general are pretty lousy. Wimbley is a bust so far, he hasn't done anything since his rookie year at all. His sack against Denver was when Clady blocked the guy outside of him thinking Hamilton would block Wimbley, but wimbley went unblocked. Not many plays where you are unblocked.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
he's a one dimensional speed rusher who has one move. He gets pressure sometimes, but not enough and almost never gets sacks or tfls anymore. The Browns linebackers in general are pretty lousy. Wimbley is a bust so far, he hasn't done anything since his rookie year at all. His sack against Denver was when Clady blocked the guy outside of him thinking Hamilton would block Wimbley, but wimbley went unblocked. Not many plays where you are unblocked.
so far. i think that's a key word...

you also have to recognize how BAD the browns defense looks.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I don't think he is a complete bust, but he isn't all he was cracked up to be.

I know people on this board were saying he could and would be better than DeMarcus Ware.

I never see that happening, but he could be a 10 sack/year guy if they just let him pin his ears back.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
so far. i think that's a key word...

you also have to recognize how BAD the browns defense looks.
well our defense looked alright against cincinnati, pittsburgh, washington, new york, and jacksonville..but in the meltdowns against Baltimore and Denver they just got shredded in the 2nd half and 4th quarter especially. Defense was way worse last year and the fact that we get no pass rush is a big reason. Cleveland looks to be a couple good outside pass rushers away from being a pretty solid defensive team. Defensive line and secondary aren't that bad.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also dont think it helps that most of his defensive line are pass rushers and cant really hold the point of attack. Outside of Rogers and Wimbley, I wouldnt want anyone from that defense.
I will take Sean Jones over Rogers. Wimbley was raw when he came out, and still is without the coaches doing their jobs.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would take Sean Jones, Jones could be a pro bowler if he had better players around him also Corey Williams is not a very good 3-4 end but he's a very solid 4-3 DT. Wimbley, Rodgers, Jones, and Williams that's all I would take.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Anderson same story as Wimbley just worse. First year- 12 sacks, since then 5 all last year. Now he is just getting stone-walled. Not even getting pressures.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd take Sean Jones and Eric Wright too.

Iunno what's happened to Wimbley but I've been asking this question for a while too. He's been completely invisible since his rookie year IMO, but like many here I think it's because Cleveland's coaching staff just can't take anything about that team and put it over the top. That offense *should* be elite, but it's not. That D has added some nice pieces, but nothing really has changed there.

Romeo needs to go.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Mark Anderson same story as Wimbley just worse. First year- 12 sacks, since then 5 all last year. Now he is just getting stone-walled. Not even getting pressures.
He doesnt even try to stop the run

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I will take Sean Jones over Rogers. Wimbley was raw when he came out, and still is without the coaches doing their jobs.
rogers has been absolutely dominant this year. Jones has been solid but makes mental mistakes and is only average in coverage, though he is a good strong safety. but Rogers is the best player on the team this year by far. he's the only guy on the club defintiely worthy of a pro bowl, and if he doesn't go then it's totally unfair to him.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the term 'bust' refers to someone who disappoints to a considerable degree. The guy is a starter, and is a solid, but not spectacular player, and that isn't the definition of a bust. He's not going to be out of the league or anything like that. My answer is simply: No

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
LOL...

What the hell are you smoking and can I have some of it... Sean Jones over Shaun Rogers? Please...
Old 11-08-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
McGinest seems to get a lot more love than he deserves. Look at his career stats. He averages just over 6.5 sacks per 16 games. That's not exactly Hall of Fame worthy right there.

Who was Merriman's coach? Who taught him to rush the passer? That's who you want to teach Wimbley.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
McGinest seems to get a lot more love than he deserves. Look at his career stats. He averages just over 6.5 sacks per 16 games. That's not exactly Hall of Fame worthy right there.

Who was Merriman's coach? Who taught him to rush the passer? That's who you want to teach Wimbley.
Eek. I just figured a veteran at the position would show him a few tricks....
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wtf? this thread should have the name Manny Lawson and not Wimbley. Wimbley is still developing and hes been pretty good in my opinion.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
wtf? this thread should have the name Manny Lawson and not Wimbley. Wimbley is still developing and hes been pretty good in my opinion.
Your opinion is WRONG.