Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was horrible at the beginning of the year, but not hes playing pretty good. I think the chiefs would still probably draft a QB if a good is is avalible.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He played terribly the first half of the Atlanta game and has been very good since then.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has been the best qb ever since then
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
He has been the best qb ever since then
I hesitate to be the first but is it time for...Tyler Thigpenzzzzzz?
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I hesitate to be the first but is it time for...Tyler Thigpenzzzzzz?
*TylerZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ThigpenZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
*TylerZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ThigpenZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Kazakhstani scientist have determined that 6 z's is the ideal number of z's for world domination.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Kazakhstani scientist have determined that 6 z's is the ideal number of z's for world domination.
TYLERZZZZZZZ THIGPENZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ hasnt determined it
Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The next Romo but without the picks, fumbles, and 300+ Yard passing games. Initially I thought he was bad but hes really doing a great job.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
The next Romo but without the picks, fumbles, and 300+ Yard passing games. Initially I thought he was bad but hes really doing a great job.
Tom Brady wishes he was born 15 years later so he could be the next Tylerzzzzzz Thigpenzzzzzz!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys View Post
Prettyy good comparison. Best one yet.

Who would be a better QB, Jordyzzzzzz or Tylerzzzzzz?

Who would win? A Hurricane or Mike Ditka? Easy. Mike Ditka. What is the hurricane was named Mike Ditka? Ooh. Tough one. I'd still have to give it to Ditka on this on.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Thats not all he has done kid has been playing smart football and moving the ball around he finds the open man.

I'm not saying he is the next Tom Brady or any thing but he has been doing more then just lobbing up balls.
I didn't say that's all he's done, but I'm just putting things in perspective. He throws a lot of balls into coverage and he's lucky he has good receivers to pluck his passes. Depending on who you ask, that kind of risk-taking can be a good thing or a bad thing.

At the very least, he's smart enough to know what receiver to throw to and trust....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

His int at the end of the game was garbage so in my mind it doesnt count. the play calling in the the red zone killed the chiefs. they ran it 80% of their plays in the red zone.

bowe > you

tt > your starting qb (minus about 14 of you)
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 11-17-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't paid much attention to this thread, but let's assume that Thigpen maintains the level of his play right now (doesn't get better or crappier), does this deter the Chiefs from drafting a quarterback in the top five?

I'd still take the best available guy, honestly, (which would probably be Bradford), and let Thigpen play until you can no longer take it, but does anyone here feel they should address a bigger need over QB, because of this?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's good enough to win the SB if the team is strong in other areas. It's the "getting strong in other areas" part that I have more doubts on with the Chiefs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Haven't paid much attention to this thread, but let's assume that Thigpen maintains the level of his play right now (doesn't get better or crappier), does this deter the Chiefs from drafting a quarterback in the top five?

I'd still take the best available guy, honestly, (which would probably be Bradford), and let Thigpen play until you can no longer take it, but does anyone here feel they should address a bigger need over QB, because of this?
I have been debating this for a while. I think you still draft a franchise QB. Go with Thiggy next year and groom the young guy.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think he's good enough to win the SB if the team is strong in other areas. It's the "getting strong in other areas" part that I have more doubts on with the Chiefs.
They only issues I see is coaching/play calling and the lack of rush on the QB. They are running the ball decent and since the 1st few weeks they run D is stepping up. So I would say they biggest issues=DE, MLB and some more Oline and maybe another play maker on offense.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have been debating this for a while. I think you still draft a franchise QB. Go with Thiggy next year and groom the young guy.
This would be the route i would take as well, but you never know. They have a great draft to work on from this past April's, so the last thing they need is to butcher a top five pick this coming draft.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
This would be the route i would take as well, but you never know. They have a great draft to work on from this past April's, so the last thing they need is to butcher a top five pick this coming draft.
The player I see as worthy of a top 5 pick don't address their primary needs. DE, MLB. That is what sucks this year. Thats how I see it. In the end I wouldn't mind Orakpa then trading back into the 1st for Brandon Spikes. I need to ssee more from Orakpo to give him a top 5 ranking though
Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The player I see as worthy of a top 5 pick don't address their primary needs. DE, MLB. That is what sucks this year. Thats how I see it.
Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Brian Orakpo, Sam Bradford/Matt Stafford.

Pick one.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, Brian Orakpo, Sam Bradford/Matt Stafford.

Pick one.

Branden Albert has played very well. Do you throw him back to guard and make a beastly left side of the line for years to come???
Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Branden Albert has played very well. Do you throw him back to guard and make a beastly left side of the line for years to come???
Lol, completely forgot about that guy. My bad. Yeah, i've heard much good things about Albert, but no, i think you leave him there since he has shown he can play one of the three toughest positions (QB, CB, LT) in football.

That leaves.. Orakpo. How's Dorsey doing, btw? I think you can take a chance on a talented guy that declares falling, or developing a second round guy (eww, another brodie croyle experiment). But Brian Orakpo's don't come around every year..
Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Lol, completely forgot about that guy. My bad. Yeah, i've heard much good things about Albert, but no, i think you leave him there since he has shown he can play one of the three toughest positions (QB, CB, LT) in football.

That leaves.. Orakpo. How's Dorsey doing, btw? I think you can take a chance on a talented guy that declares falling, or developing a second round guy (eww, another brodie croyle experiment). But Brian Orakpo's don't come around every year..

See I have watched Orakpo alot. I dunno how I feel aobut him. I dont give him a high grade as of yet.

Dorsey is getting better every week. He has spent alot of time in the backfield on runs and passes during the last few weeks.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
See I have watched Orakpo alot. I dunno how I feel aobut him. I dont give him a high grade as of yet.
What are your thoughts of him?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
What are your thoughts of him?
I think he is solid(10-15) but not top 5 material yet.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I think he is solid(10-15) but not top 5 material yet.
Well you never know, Herm Edwards might play himself out of a top five pick.