Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be better?
Matt Ryan 96 75.00%
Joe Flacco 32 25.00%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are no doubt are #1 and #1b needs. I would prefer us take a WR seeing as how our well our depth is, at DB. But at the same time, Ive heard some rumors about C-Mac not being a Raven next year. If he is gone I think corner is a bigger need, but I doubt Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins will fall to us. For WR's Id LOVE Crabtree but he will be long gone. Im not so sure about Jeremy Maclin but if he is gone, Id love Derrius Heyward-Bey.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright nice is Demitrius Williams too inconsistant to be a number one or whats with him?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing as how Ryan was looked at as a number 1 overall pick and most people thought Flacco was a reach and should of been taking in the 2nd round, I'd say its a push as far as expectations are going. Ryan was expected to do more than Flacco, which he is. But Flacco is doing more than people expected him to at the same time. Both are exceeding expectations and as far as whose better right now of course it's Ryan but I'd hope he was doing better being selected in the first few picks of the draft.

All homerism aside I wanted Flacco more than Ryan (it was a value decision) and I like the the package he brings to the table more than Ryan's even if Ryan is performing better right now. Flacco's biggest knock was his high bust potential and so far it looks like he wont bust so I'll take his upside over Ryan's. But in the end none of us have a crystal ball so it's just a wait and see what happens process right now.

Right now Ryan is clearly playing better but as for the future who knows what happens. I am a sucker for physical tools and Flacco has every tool you could want out of a QB.

Last edited by ccB : 11-13-2008 at 02:33 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Alright nice is Demitrius Williams too inconsistant to be a number one or whats with him?
well I just think w/ his talent level he could be a decent #1 or a great #2, he does have the ability to be a play maker. I hope we can get any of the top 4 WR prospects (I am sure at least one will be at our pick) so we can have D-will, Clayton in the slot, the draft pick, and then rotate Yamon Figures in as a vertical threat.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Cliche Guevara

Both are good but as of right now im taking flacco because hes done it with less offensive weapons
Old 11-13-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
When we drafted him, I was really high on D-Will, Hes got the talent there and showed potential in his 2 seasons but he has yet to put anything together he got injured this year and its a shame because we are starting to go vertical way more than we used to and thats where he excels. IMO the jury is still out on this guy and hes got more of a chance to succeed in our offense than Mark Clayton. Next year is going to be a big year for him and IMO, he will do great, because like I said earlier in this post, we are stretching the field more and going deep and that where hsi talent is.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright awesome good info guys. I was not sure about the Flacco pick since I thought he was the most risky of all the QBs. Really good thing that he has panned out so far very plesant suprise.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Ryan is 'expected' to do better, but here are just some statistics I would like to point out. He isn't doing well for a rookie QB. He is doing well for a starting QB, period.

Quote:
Matt Ryan statistics.

8th in YPA with 7.6 (tied with Jay Cutler)
10th in 1st down percentage with 35.2%
9th (including Romo and Orton) in TD-INT ratio (starting QBs)
11th in QB rating

I do not know where his 1 fumble lost and 2 fumbles total rank, but here are other top passers this season and their numbers. A % with number of pass attempts would be nice, but I do not want to calculate that. Player Name (Fumbles, Fumbles lost)

Aaron Rodgers (7,3). Drew Brees (6,1)(wow), Tony Romo (6 GP) (6,3). Phillip Rivers (2,2). Kurt Warner (6,4). Chad Pennington (1,0). Jason Campbell (3,1). Matt Schaub (8,3). Kyle Orton (4,3). Donavan McNabb (4,2).

Now imagine had Ryan not thrown those redzone picks and they were TDs (at least the GB one should have been for sure). His TD-INT ratio would have been 12-4 or 13-3. Damn.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joeflacco...e?id=FLA009602

in the upper right hand corner there is a video of mayock talking about the QB
Old 11-13-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean if you want to look at stats, Joe Flacco's last 4 games (I know its against poor teams but still coming from a guy who played at Delaware last year these are still imrpessive.)

107.7 QB rating 805 yards 6 TD's 0 INT's

Thats nothing to be sad about. It really shows me something that he could rebound from those 3 bad games and put up numbers like this. I am not saying these numbers alone makes him better than Ryan, just saying Flaccos been on fire. I am sure it will decline with our tough road ahead but it gives people an idea of what this guy is capable of.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
FalconTown83

Is there really any evidence that one will be better than the other? Flacco hasn't been giving up the ball like he was earlier this year lately, but Ryan has been just insane with the ice water running through his veins.

It's FAR too early to call it on this one, but if Baltimore can keep that insane defense alive and keeping them in games, then Flacco can be a game manager and win a superbowl. That defense by itself isn't going to lose any games for you.

This year it's not really close, but Ryan had a 'headstart' by playing D1 ball (which Flacco did too, under a great QB guy @ Pitt, before moving to D2 ball) It's going to be a few years before we can call this race, and even then it is prolly going to be one of those things that is debated for years and years. I'm just glad the Falcons get to be in on the discussion.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconTown83 View Post
Is there really any evidence that one will be better than the other? Flacco hasn't been giving up the ball like he was earlier this year lately, but Ryan has been just insane with the ice water running through his veins.

It's FAR too early to call it on this one, but if Baltimore can keep that insane defense alive and keeping them in games, then Flacco can be a game manager and win a superbowl. That defense by itself isn't going to lose any games for you.

This year it's not really close, but Ryan had a 'headstart' by playing D1 ball (which Flacco did too, under a great QB guy @ Pitt, before moving to D2 ball) It's going to be a few years before we can call this race, and even then it is prolly going to be one of those things that is debated for years and years. I'm just glad the Falcons get to be in on the discussion.
Flacco never played Division II.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stunningly, a new Falcons fan shows up on the boards after iloxygenil gets banned....
Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Stunningly, a new Falcons fan shows up on the boards after iloxygenil gets banned....
OMGosh I knew there was something up with that new guy. Wow. I am suprised I didn't figure that out myself.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You think so? They seem like different posters. iloxy was a little *****.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
You think so? They seem like different posters. iloxy was a little *****.
Falcons is only 7 posts in. Give it time.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matt Ryan looks like the better QB now and he has the better cast.

Don't see that changing.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Ask yourself this- If Flacco was in Matt Ryans spot and Matt Ryan was in Flaccos would they have the same numbers or would one or the other excel? Who'd be better then? Flacco gets the top 10 WR and explosive run game and Ryan gets the elite defense with a solid run game
Old 11-15-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Baltimore had Matt Ryan they may be undefeated.

If Atlanta had Joe Flacco they would have more losses, easy. I would say they would be 3-6.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
If Baltimore had Matt Ryan they may be undefeated.

If Atlanta had Joe Flacco they would have more losses, easy. I would say they would be 3-6.
I don't think that'd be the case. Ryan has played very well so far but there is no way that he would have the Ravens sniffing a perfect season thus far. IMO, Flacco would be doing just as well in Atlanta and Ryan's stats and performance would be slightly lower if he was a Raven.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't think that'd be the case. Ryan has played very well so far but there is no way that he would have the Ravens sniffing a perfect season thus far. IMO, Flacco would be doing just as well in Atlanta and Ryan's stats and performance would be slightly lower if he was a Raven.
Yeah, you can't really make those crazy assumptions. All we have to work with is Ryan in ATL and Flacco in BAL
Old 11-15-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, you can't really make those crazy assumptions. All we have to work with is Ryan in ATL and Flacco in BAL
Bama was just revealing his inner homer

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

LOL, but yeah I think nothing would change dramaticly but there numbers would be alot different. Flacco would be higher if he was in Ryans place and Ryans would be alot lower if he were a Raven.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Bama was just revealing his inner homer
Oh i know.... i know.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Ryan I see a potentially elite player.

In Flacco a see a poorer version of Big Ben

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote