Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 11: Philadelphia

We haven't lost in 2 weeks!

Carson is out as I'm sure you've heard/assumed. Hopefully the offense can continue that one week roll of not totally sucking and we can at least compete.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the bye week has helped Fitz tremendously.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets make it 3 weeks in a row without a loss! Philly coming off a short week we got a chance. I actually get to go to this game too.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know where to post this so I'll put it here:

Chinedum Ndukwe just called me like 5 minutes ago and wished me a happy birthday!

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 11-11-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I didn't know where to post this so I'll put it here:

Chinedum Ndukwe just called me like 5 minutes ago and wished me a happy birthday!
You son of a *****.

We have a chance to to take advantage of Philly's short week and make a late statement.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:33 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just want to see the youngsters keep improving and hopefully a win. I really don't like the Eagles and a win here would make me really happy...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

BTW, Chinny is a real cool dude. I wished him luck, told him I'd be there, and yelled WhoDey.

I'm really hoping for a win on Sunday but like Medic said if the young guys continue to show improvement and put up a good fight I won't be too mad.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 11-12-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to see Fitz get untracked with some of those long routes and not overthrow them this week. That could be big in whether we can hang with them or not. My biggest concern is their pressure up front and can our O-line and EG handle Bunkley and Patterson, 2 very stout DTs that can get some push.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A freaking tie... What a joke, why in the world can't you add another OT? I shouldn't be nearly as mad as Philly fans they're actually playing for something.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

That was so ***. How can you end in a tie? Agreed that we really aren't playing for anything but it still blows. I blame Bratkowski and his awful play calling. Grow some ******* balls and stop running up the middle when you need a conversion.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brat and those running plays are like saying we'll settle for a tie today and that's exactly what happened. Fitz has to get rid of the ball too. Too many times he got caught with the ball
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

At least the defense made some plays today. Was pretty impressed with them and Frostee shoulda had that TD dammit.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

The defense looked great except that there was hardly any pass rush, if at all. I like the way we forced turnovers though. If Frostee would have gotten in, there would have been no tie :(
Old 11-16-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The absolute only problem I see with our D at this point is generating a pass rush with the front four.

The secondary was amazing today, those guys are studs. I was working so I couldn't pay as much attention but where was Sims and how bad is Chinny hurt? Crocker was very solid in his place, better than DJax.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how little pass rush we got, I want Orakpo in the first now. We could build off our Defense for years to come. A very young defense will help us in the long run.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Sims was pretty much invisible today which was somewhat disappointing. I haven't heard the extent of Chinny's injury but it definitely did not look good. Chris Crocker and Brandon Johnson were fabulous today as was the defense in general. Pass Rush left something to be desired but it seemed we weren't blitzing all that much either. Secondary was great aside from Marvin White's missed tackle but I'll let that one slide.

Hope Chinny is alright and can get back ASAP but Crocker looks like he can hold his own out there for the time being.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 11-17-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Don't get me wrong, the pass rush absolutely blew chunks today, BUT they held the Eagles and Westbrook (You know that pro bowl RB stud) to 68 yards rushing today. I'll take that from a rookie making his first NFL start and just be happy. Rucker made the start today as well for Odom. A lot of shifting so it's hard (at least for me) to complain that much. Aren't we the ones chomping at the bit to get young new faces in the mix ?? Take what you can and be happy because it's all about next season anyway !!!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Oh I agree but it is still disappointing haha. Says a lot that our secondary can do that well with zero pass rush, it's nice to not have to send the house because you can trust your guys. Just imagine how good we could be with a solid pass rushing DE...

Usually we have trouble with RB's in the mold of Westbrook that aren't even close to his talent... I was VERY impressed with the run D. People can't go on about how bad our run D is anymore because it's just not the case. It's improved the past 3 seasons.

Like always, I'm excited about next season. Put some offense with this defense and we've got ourselves a team. (Can you believe I'm saying we need offense and our defense is fine?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Agree, with Carson back putting this offense back into the top 10 and the continued improvement of the defense and I would say we are in for a big turn around next season. This draft is going to be HUGE for the Bengals, so I hope their SCOUT is ready for a busy go of it !!!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't how prevalent this sort of thing is ... but I flipped to the game at times and saw the Bengals run a toss play to Cedric Benson on a 3rd and maybe it was 2 or 3, and wanted to facepalm before the play was over. A toss play, with Benson, against a speedy defense like the Eagles. Of course it didn't work a lick. Come on Bengals OC.

Positive though, and I mentioned/thought it before on the site, is that Fitzpatrick is showing some degree of promise as he's getting some experience and the practice reps. Of course it is Carson's team, but I think more of Fitzpatrick than I did before.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Our play calling this season has been horrendous and the Eagles game might have been the worst I have seen in a very long time.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 11-18-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't how prevalent this sort of thing is ... but I flipped to the game at times and saw the Bengals run a toss play to Cedric Benson on a 3rd and maybe it was 2 or 3, and wanted to facepalm before the play was over. A toss play, with Benson, against a speedy defense like the Eagles. Of course it didn't work a lick. Come on Bengals OC.
I know 3rd graders smarter than our Bratkowski. Simply put, he's a moron. The OC position desperately needs to be addressed over the course of the off-season.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bratkowski looked good when our Oline was amazing, his 3 step drop - bomb offense worked out.

As the Oline has declined he has been exposed as a horrible play caller. Even last year he would never give the run game a chance, instead would rather Carson make 50 yard passes all game long.

I'm very happy with Zimmer, Bratkowski needs to go and now.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm very happy with Zimmer, Bratkowski needs to go and now.
I love Zimmer. He was exactly what we needed on the defensive side at the time. He has completely turned around the entire mentality of the defense and all we need is a few players and we could have one of the best in the league. Bratkowski really does need to get the boot.