Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-11-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.
Default Jennings released

I actually liked him, simply because he clearly gave his best effort. But unfortunately he just wasn't very good.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Once Douglas had the big return, you knew he was done. I think the staff just wanted to make sure Harry was actually an upgrade.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank god he was so bad
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Me and my friends just did a toast to this news.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy just lost his job, so I'm not going to celebrate. Jennings was a tough, hard working player for us.

But Harry Douglas is an upgrade.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
A guy just lost his job, so I'm not going to celebrate. Jennings was a tough, hard working player for us.

But Harry Douglas is an upgrade.
he will make a team somewhere
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

I'm sorry the guy lost his source of income, but I'm not sorry that I never have to see him "return" a punt again.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the 49ers game last night, damn i wish we still had allen rossum.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
After watching the 49ers game last night, damn i wish we still had allen rossum.
ya I know. A return man can be such a weapon for a team
Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
ya I know. A return man can be such a weapon for a team
Hell yea it just does a lot for the field position. A big return also gives the team a nice momentum going into a drive. We had some bad luck with Thomas Brown being hurt for the year, i think he would of been a good one. HD looks comfortable handling PR duties so im glad we have him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-11-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

I dunno how good Thomas Brown would have been. When the job was taken from him at UGA he lead the country in average but was also up there in fumbles and muffed punts.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so you're all aware.. the Lions claimed Adam Jennings off waivers today.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Just so you're all aware.. the Lions claimed Adam Jennings off waivers today.
Yeah. Atlanta fans will soon regret this day. He will forever be known as "the one who got away."
Old 11-13-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Jennings: The next Brett Favre.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will soon be wondering why they chose Harry Douglas over Adam Jennings.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt he sees playing time, but if he does, hold your breath and knock on wood. Right before he 'muffed' the punt in Philly, I told my friend: Adam Jennings better not screw this return up and mess with the chance for a comeback.

2 seconds later, he did.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

that play against Philly was not Jennings fault of course, but why did he move closer when he was tellin people to not touch it??? I feel Douglas has a brighter future on this team, and that even if Jennings succeeds somewhere else, i think had we kept him, it wouldnt have been like that here.

On Madden i just have Norwood return punts anyway

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That punt return was not Jennings fault. Returns come up and back off often. That was 95% refs fault, 5% Mike Smith.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
FalconTown83

Quote:
That punt return was not Jennings fault. Returns come up and back off often. That was 95% refs fault, 5% Mike Smith.
How is that? If he was going to back off why did he wait so long? How is it in any way the coaches fault that he's a knucklehead, other than he didn't release him earlier? Punt Return is 100% the refs fault, but if anyone else is to get any blame it's Jennings. He landed where he deserved to, the worst team in the NFL.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
FalconTown83

Do any of you guys like Derrick Williams as much as I do? The kid has a really bright future and has only begin to tap into his potential. I love Douglas, but Williams is a great return guy. If we keep Jenkins around though we don't really have room for a guy in the second round at WR though. I really hope we can find someone to put back on returns. Don't get me wrong, I like Douglas, a lot, but I don't view him as a game changer.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I compare this to Minnesota letting David Ortiz go only to sign a minor deal with Boston and watch him slug 40 home runs every year.

40 touchdowns for Jennings!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconTown83 View Post
How is that? If he was going to back off why did he wait so long? How is it in any way the coaches fault that he's a knucklehead, other than he didn't release him earlier? Punt Return is 100% the refs fault, but if anyone else is to get any blame it's Jennings. He landed where he deserved to, the worst team in the NFL.
He didn't touch the ball. That means he did nothing wrong. Meaning it was not his fault.

The refs are to blame, but they are obviously going to miss some calls. I reckon that a coach should have a timeout ready in that scenario, even if using them did seem like a good idea at the time.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
FalconTown83

Quote:
He didn't touch the ball. That means he did nothing wrong. Meaning it was not his fault.

The refs are to blame, but they are obviously going to miss some calls. I reckon that a coach should have a timeout ready in that scenario, even if using them did seem like a good idea at the time.
In that scenario you couldn't find a single coach who would have held that time out, wanna know why? If he doesn't call the timeout, the 2 min warning hits and he doesn't need that for a challenge...thought about that? Mike Smith didn't do ANYTHING wrong in that scenario. Timeouts are to be used on defense because on offense you should be able to manage the clock by getting out of bounds or spiking the ball.

Mike Smith did a fantastic job and is to be applauded, not harassed.

Like I said the refs are 100% at fault for the call, no one else is to blame. Smith did the right thing using the timeout to salvage the clock, Jennings was stupid for getting that close, but he didn't touch it so it can't be really his fault, the refs blew it. That's what sucks about the NFL's rules in this instance, they put in challenges and reviews to allow refs the assistance to get the calls right, this should be throughout the game.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconTown83 View Post
In that scenario you couldn't find a single coach who would have held that time out, wanna know why? If he doesn't call the timeout, the 2 min warning hits and he doesn't need that for a challenge...thought about that? Mike Smith didn't do ANYTHING wrong in that scenario. Timeouts are to be used on defense because on offense you should be able to manage the clock by getting out of bounds or spiking the ball.

Mike Smith did a fantastic job and is to be applauded, not harassed.

Like I said the refs are 100% at fault for the call, no one else is to blame. Smith did the right thing using the timeout to salvage the clock, Jennings was stupid for getting that close, but he didn't touch it so it can't be really his fault, the refs blew it. That's what sucks about the NFL's rules in this instance, they put in challenges and reviews to allow refs the assistance to get the calls right, this should be throughout the game.
While I agree that the refs blew it and the system sucks, the fact is that if Mike Smith doesn't use that timeout we have an opportunity to challenge. Like I said it was the right decision to use the timeout in that situation, but there was a small upside to not use it.