Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-16-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Lovie Smith has got to go thread!

I think it's clear that he has to go. To me, it seems almost as if he has lost the locker room, and that he's been way too soft on the players. Not only were our players getting tossed around like rag dolls today, they showed no emotion and no heart. I place that directly on the HC. It's obvious he hasn't been doing a good job and the D was more successful under Ron Rivera. Change is needed and I'm all for it.

While I would fire Lovie and the whole coaching staff, I would keep Angelo for at least 2 more years. As for who I would hire as a replacement for Lovie, it would likely be Cowher (if he wanted to return to the NFL). I like Spagnola, but it looks like he has plans to be the DC for the Giants for at least a few more years.

I think getting someone like Cowher in as HC would be greatly beneficial to the team. I think someone like him would be able to take control of the locker room and light a fire under the players asses. He's someone who won't take ****, unlike Lovie, IMO. The only problem with this would be the transition from a 4-3 team to a 3-4 team, but any transition like that would take place between a couple of years. I'd also love to see us get Lane Kiffen as the OC as well... talk about a hell of a coaching staff with Cowher and Kiffen.

If we don't make the playoffs this year and pick in the top 15, I want Lovie gone.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this idea on the Bears MB, and the switch to the 3-4 doesnt seem like it would be all that bad. Briggs and Urlacher at ILB, Anderson at OLB and they were saying Alex Brown at OLB (idk how well that would work out). I think Lovie needs to start coaching, I wouldnt mind seeing him go, and if he stays an extra season its fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a pretty bad coach as far as in-game work goes, but with the money he's guaranteed the McCaskeys will never ditch him. He's here until his contract is up. It's such a certainty that it's not really worth talking about.

As long as the Bears sell all of the tickets to every game, the McCaskeys will not take a loss of that magnitude. It's just not worth it to them.

You have to remember that they're not football fans. They don;t actually care how many games we win as long as our cash keeps rolling in. They'll spend right up to the cap to keep the pitchforks safely put away, but they're not going to pay five million a year so Lovie can sit at home eating cheetos. No way.

Last edited by Monomach : 11-16-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

What do you suggest we do to solve our pass rush + terrible coverage?
Because I don't think a different coach could fix it either.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I saw this idea on the Bears MB, and the switch to the 3-4 doesnt seem like it would be all that bad. Briggs and Urlacher at ILB, Anderson at OLB and they were saying Alex Brown at OLB (idk how well that would work out). I think Lovie needs to start coaching, I wouldnt mind seeing him go, and if he stays an extra season its fine by me.
Where does Tommie Harris go? We have all these relatively undersized defensive tackle and some 4-3 DE/DT tweeners (Idonije); who plays nose? Although, with this draft and free agency you could probably make the switch in one season, but it doesn't make sense to do it.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I've already said this has no chance of happening, so there's no need to rehash this (although you should send it to the McCaskey's, I'm sure they'll care).

The idea, however, that the cheapest franchise in the NFL is going to get Bill Cowher to come out of retirement for them, and then convince Lane Kiffen, who is currently the favorite for at least one head coaching opportunity, to come in as our offensive coordinator, is too amusing to not at least comment on.

It appears the Packers blowout has scrambled your concept of reality. Even in the extreme offchance we fire Lovie we'll probably just hire Rod Marinelli or something.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Lovie is going anywhere for at least another year but I think Babich basically sealed his fate today. I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Marinelli as D-coordinator.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be suprised by that either. He was Lovie's first choice after all. As long as he doesn't bring in any Tampa Bay rejects I'm all for it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If anything, this thread should be about Bob Babich
Old 11-17-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady00 View Post
If anything, this thread should be about Bob Babich
agreed.

i would like to see marinelli if he gets booted this offseason, give him a real team to work with...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the rumor was that Angelo has been anit-Babich since the offseason but Lovie went to bat for his old friend and bascially put his reputation on the line to vouch that Babich was the answer at DC.

The question now is what is more likely. Lovie admits he made a huge mistake by promoting Babich and throws his friend to the wolves or he takes the college job and brings Babich with him. Both of these scenarios seem unlikely but in my opinion much more likely than the prospect Babich being here next year.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe our players are just ******

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we end up sucking for the rest of the season and miss out on the playoffs, I could see Lovie getting out of the hot seat and going to Tennessee.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I think Lovie needs to take over the defensive calls from Babich (If thats not the case already) and try to do something with the D. They're miserable.

And if Lovie is already doing that for the D......well god......we're ******* screwed anyway.

Too early to can Lovie, but he needs to actually do some coaching and help out the defense.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Babich was the guy who told the Vikings to **** off?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Right now, I think Lovie needs to take over the defensive calls from Babich (If thats not the case already) and try to do something with the D. They're miserable.

And if Lovie is already doing that for the D......well god......we're ******* screwed anyway.

Too early to can Lovie, but he needs to actually do some coaching and help out the defense.
i do think that babich is making the calls as well.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

I think its more Bob Babich needs to go...why didn't the Bears retain Rivera two years ago?
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
maybe our players are just ******
valid point
Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously i dont see how we could improve that much with different play calling if the guys keep playing like this.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
seriously i dont see how we could improve that much with different play calling if the guys keep playing like this.
Well, good coaching is typically getting the most out of the players you have. Whats the quote from a big college coach whos name i forget now......something like "ill beat you with my players and then i could turn around and beat you with yours." something along those lines.

I don't think our struggles on defense come from any lack of talent. Guys like Urlacher and Briggs and even Tillman and Vasher didn't suddenly lose all of their talent over one offseason. Maybe they're banged up, maybe they're not being used correctly....who knows.

But what we are doing isn't working, and its a hellish amount easier to switch up the schemes and coach the players differently than it is to completely replace everyone.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

yes, but a coach can only do those things to a certain degree. i still think it was at least 80% the players.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
yes, but a coach can only do those things to a certain degree. i still think it was at least 80% the players.
Then lets change the 20% we can change and hope for the best. We can't go out and get a whole new defense mid-season, but we can change up the schemes our players play in.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

id try to change the 80%, by like ******* threatning them or something. we wont just get a new coaching staff midseason and change a scheme and expect anything the next few years...

Old 11-17-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give Lovie a potent pass rusher or two, before the boot. But as bf51 said, there's no chance he gets canned now when he recently signed an extension.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
id try to change the 80%, by like ******* threatning them or something. we wont just get a new coaching staff midseason and change a scheme and expect anything the next few years...
not what i was talking about. you can change the scheme without bringing in new coaches.......call different types of plays on D, call different coverages, call different blitzes......**** like that