Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default pacman reinstated...again

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3713779
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long until a " Pacman... Arrested again thread"?

What a joke.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

isn't he gonna be banned if he gets arrested again
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think he got arrested last time

Everyone deserves a second chance!!! oh wait..

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
i dont think he got arrested last time

Everyone deserves a second chance!!! oh wait..
well if he violates his agreement
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A dumb move on the NFLs part, he'll get arrested again.... no doubt about it.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Starvsnr
Rookie

Starvsnr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I though the same thing about Ricky Williams, but I'm with you guys. He will be kicked out again.
Starvsnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he does not get banned next time I will really wonder what Goodell is doing.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the fines and suspensions Dictator Goodell is levying, why in the hell let a guy like that back in the league? Maybe he just hates the Cowboys and knows how bad Pacman sucks?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon Pac, hang in there :)
Old 11-19-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Over/under anyone? I'll go with 3 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If he does not get banned next time I will really wonder what Goodell is doing.
HA! Some of you fans still don't get it??? Goddell runs the league through Jerruh Jones! C'mon... WAKE UP!!! :p

This is good news for the Cowboys. Not great news, but certainly good news.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously wtf Goodell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this could either be really good news or really bad news for the Cowboys.

on one hand you get a player who could technically improve their secondary if he gets up to speed

on the other hand he could never get up to speed all the while creating a season long distraction that will effect the team's focus.

personally, if i were the Cowboys, i wouldn't want him back.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What distraction is he going to cause? Its not like he'll go out onto the field and make it rain for no reason.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What distraction is he going to cause? Its not like he'll go out onto the field and make it rain for no reason.
the media is gonna constantly talk about it, ask players about it, ask coaches about it, jerry, etc.

its just a distraction. even talking about him is going to get the players tired after awhile.

why bring unnecessary drama to the team at a time when they can start peaking and catch a hot streak? its not worth it in my eyes.

its not like their 2 rooks are playing terribly. they can win without him.

its a risk/reward thing. personally, i wouldn't mess with karma, but whatever *shrug*
Old 11-19-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
the media is gonna constantly talk about it, ask players about it, ask coaches about it, jerry, etc.

its just a distraction. even talking about him is going to get the players tired after awhile.

why bring unnecessary drama to the team at a time when they can start peaking and catch a hot streak? its not worth it in my eyes.

its not like their 2 rooks are playing terribly. they can win without him.

its a risk/reward thing. personally, i wouldn't mess with karma, but whatever *shrug*
Dallas has plenty of media attention already, and it doesnt look like it distracts them that much. With all the Romo and Jessica stuff being talked about and all. I like Adam as a player and I hope he will stay out of trouble.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Dallas has plenty of media attention already, and it doesnt look like it distracts them that much. With all the Romo and Jessica stuff being talked about and all. I like Adam as a player and I hope he will stay out of trouble.
i can't bring myself to like the guy in any way, shape or form. he should be in prison.

i don't even know if he gives you more than Jenkins at this point either to be honest. He wasn't playing well this year, and will need to get back in football shape again.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD has a good point. No doubt his addition will garner more media attention.. and it might mess up the chemistry. However, I still think we're in the stages where we're still finding that chemistry. Nothing is set in stone and we are far from establishing a team identity as to what kind of team we are. So would there be a major shake up? Not sure. If he was going to be taking Terence Newman's spot in the starting line up, then yeah, I see the mess up of team chemistry. However, I don't see him being anything more than a nickel back or coming in and giving us the option of sliding Newman to NB, like he used to earlier in the year. Pacman showed me early in the year when he was playing that he was an asset to us on the field. Were people saying he was going to be a distraction then? Yep. Were the results on the field bad? Nope. Supposedly, it's supposed to be a distraction now, why would things be any different? To me, so long as he can do a good job on the field when his number is called, then I'm for it. Players who produce on the field are quickly accepted by teammates. Most players are pretty mature about it when asked about Pacman anyways.

The key here is if the media can get in the heads of the players. If they can, then this team doesn't have what it takes to do anything meaningful anyways.

I think the only person unhappy about his arrival is Alan Ball who will most likely get put back on the practice squad. :p

The real story here, is that there will always be self-righteous fans and individuals who often bring down the hammer hard on public figures who are caught in the wrong. They'll come especially hard when that public figure is undeserving of such grand reward after breaking the laws of ethics in our society. These fans are so quick to predict/desire failure and so quick to want the right to say that they knew it all along.

TO was supposed to hurt the Cowboys, Jessica Simpson was supposed to hurt the Cowboys, Tank Johnson was supposed to hurt the Cowboys, Pacman was supposed to hurt the Cowboys... the only things that have hurt the Cowboys are injuries, coaching and poor execution. Period.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was never convicted of anything, I never understood why he was suspended in the first place
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think at this point I am just done with Goodell.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
He was never convicted of anything, I never understood why he was suspended in the first place
Because it's bad PR for the NFL. All the media shows is pacman getting arrested and it damages the leagues image. I ask you, how often do you see breaking news on SportsCenter, where the story is about an NFL hosting a food drive or a fund raiser? Never. Because of Pacman's bad image when he breaks a mirror in a hotel it's national news.

If you were getting arrested 5 to 6 times a year would your job still keep you on it's staff? Even if you weren't convicted?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As the countdown to the next suspension begins....
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess you could say this whole thing started out better then before, now we have Pacman and an extra 5th from the Titans, in August we just had Pacman, so while he screwed up he got us an extra pick and is still on the roster.

I think that has ALOT to do with why Jerry brought him back, I would like more chemistry on this team personally but it's hard when the roster is changing so much, I voted NO to wanting him back this year because I'd rather the rooks get the reps...Pac is a fun guy to watch play, and he makes us better, but I don't feel like he should get rewarded to start over the rookies at this point, let him return punts and be the 5th DB.

He was starting to progress nicely before he was suspended, but now he's back so I'll take what we can get, but I'd much rather Jenkins take those lumps now and be that much more seasoned down the stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Because it's bad PR for the NFL. All the media shows is pacman getting arrested and it damages the leagues image. I ask you, how often do you see breaking news on SportsCenter, where the story is about an NFL hosting a food drive or a fund raiser? Never. Because of Pacman's bad image when he breaks a mirror in a hotel it's national news.

If you were getting arrested 5 to 6 times a year would your job still keep you on it's staff? Even if you weren't convicted?
It's too bad that people like hearing bad news over good news but that's just how it works. The saying in the media is, "If it bleeds, it leads". People like to hear about troublemaking/violence/bad news.