Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you for recognizing Darnell Dockett, I honestly believe he was the best DT in the league last year as you said he is so versatile, has has played 3-4 DE, 4-3 UT & DE and even drops back into coverage on some of Pendergast's exotic blitz packages

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you for the the reality check on Cassel. I can keep my sanity now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This write up is lacking a guarantee of a Rams come back which is happening. Cardinals fans like fenikz should watch out here we come. BEARS WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Neg rep, no mention of the Broncos, who are 2 games up in the AFC west after calmly marching past the Falcons.
Can they hold up though? No running backs, no defense, conventional wisdom says they let up sooner or later. Even with a 2 game lead, i wouldn't call it comfortable yet. We have 6 more games. SD can still catch them.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
This write up is lacking a guarantee of a Rams come back which is happening. Cardinals fans like fenikz should watch out here we come. BEARS WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM!
Thanks for thinking Brian Leonard's overhyped ass could actually play FB for you and cutting a very good FB in Madison Hedgecock. We really appreciate his effort out there for us.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Walt Coleman has a job as an NFL ref, Jeff Tripplett can't be the worst in the NFL.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-Roy Williams should be Dallas's #1 WR, not TO. He just looks a lot more explosive and dangerous out there. TO is still a dominant WR, but he's starting to regress a tiny bit. Roy is the future at WR on that team.

-I loved the 2 TE sets they used with Bennet and Witten out there. That could be a very dangerous duo. The Cowboys have so much explosion on offense its not even funny. I was actually shocked they only scored 14 points. The oline isn't what it used to be, but they should still score more than 14 points. And give Choice more touches. He's a good player.

The first point was the exact same point I made in the gameday thread, pretty much word for word...You can tell when he catches the ball how much more explosive he is then TO, and maybe I was in denial about TO losing a step until I saw Roy on the same field...But for now it's fine, Roy will eat single coverage against the #2 corner up, and when teams make the change, TO should enjoy the latter part of his career not being the focal point of the defense.

The 2nd note alot of Cowboys fans liked the set as well, I believe it's the first time I've seen it, but Witten and Bennett are such great blockers it needs to stay implemented into our system.

Garrett has made some blunders, but he drew up a nice gameplan, got TO going into motion alot and brought out some new looks...I just hope forcing the ball to TO doesn't hurt us in the long run, Roy has got to get more looks down the stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Roy Williams should be Dallas's #1 WR, not TO. He just looks a lot more explosive and dangerous out there. TO is still a dominant WR, but he's starting to regress a tiny bit. Roy is the future at WR on that team.

-I loved the 2 TE sets they used with Bennet and Witten out there. That could be a very dangerous duo. The Cowboys have so much explosion on offense its not even funny. I was actually shocked they only scored 14 points. The oline isn't what it used to be, but they should still score more than 14 points. And give Choice more touches. He's a good player.
You answered yourself on that first one, Roy Williams will be the #1. But why mess with T.O. at this point when he's been so good thus far? They're both on the field, and that's honestly all I care about.

Once Parcells exited, I figured that was all we would see of the 2 TE offense they were getting Fasano prepped for, and then they drafted Bennett who I thought would be a huge project. I think it speaks volumes of the coaches opinions on the lower tier receivers on the team. I can get jazzed for an offense that features Owens, Williams, Barber, Witten, and the athletic specimen that is Martellus Bennett as it's playmakers.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

To compound on your points guys, I think Roy Williams is very dangerous in man coverage with quick slants. You can just see how explosive and strong he is when he runs that route.

They should continue to use TO as the wheres waldo, moving him around, but I think his motions should be used not necessarily to free him up, but to free up Roy in his single coverages.

Imagine a 4 WR set with 3 + 1 set up, with Roy, TO, and Witten as the 3 on one side? How do you cover that?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for thinking Brian Leonard's overhyped ass could actually play FB for you and cutting a very good FB in Madison Hedgecock. We really appreciate his effort out there for us.
ur welcome....we expect a party!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To compound on your points guys, I think Roy Williams is very dangerous in man coverage with quick slants. You can just see how explosive and strong he is when he runs that route.

They should continue to use TO as the wheres waldo, moving him around, but I think his motions should be used not necessarily to free him up, but to free up Roy in his single coverages.

Imagine a 4 WR set with 3 + 1 set up, with Roy, TO, and Witten as the 3 on one side? How do you cover that?
Get in the dime and run a hybrid coverage. Have the 2 safties bracket # 1 on their respective side, and have the LB either blitz, or spot drop and play deep 1/3. It's not hard drawing it up, it all depends on what the concept of the play is that Garrett would run and the pressure by the front 4 for the defense.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now it's basically TO freeing up Roy, but I can see that changing pretty soon, but if Bennett can become consistent and Austin keeps progressing then it's pick your poison...Let's see how Garrett does vs some tough defenses Pittsburgh and Baltimore later on, because he still needs to learn how to get everyone involved consistently.

As much as I like TO he still drops too many easy balls, the one pass he dropped he was open on, and the ball that was jarred loose for a pick, I have been watching guys like Larry Fitzgerald & Anquan Boldin the past few weeks and if those guys have a pass thrown their way they catch it...Gets old hearing TO complain about looks but you can't trust him completely to make a play, but if things stay how they are I expect Roy to start stringing together some productive games because you can't leave a #2 corner on an island with him.

But I don't want to turn this into a Cowboy thread, I agree 100% on Philly though, that team is too talented, and they are in pretty much every game late in the 4th quarter then McNabb and/or Reid find a way to blow it either with playcalling, clock management, or a silly turnover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Get in the dime and run a hybrid coverage. Have the 2 safties bracket # 1 on their respective side, and have the LB either blitz, or spot drop and play deep 1/3. It's not hard drawing it up, it all depends on what the concept of the play is that Garrett would run and the pressure by the front 4 for the defense.
great players eat zone coverage up for breakfast. combine great players with a great qb, and they win that battle more often then they lose it.

its easy to draw up a play that will work on them in theory, but the reality is, the only chance you really have of stopping an offense like that is consistent pressure. if you don't have the horses to get after the qb against an offense like that, youre dead in the water for the most part. give them time to gel, that offense is just starting to warm up.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
great players eat zone coverage up for breakfast. combine great players with a great qb, and they win that battle more often then they lose it.

its easy to draw up a play that will work on them in theory, but the reality is, the only chance you really have of stopping an offense like that is consistent pressure. if you don't have the horses to get after the qb against an offense like that, youre dead in the water for the most part. give them time to gel, that offense is just starting to warm up.
It depends on the defense though. I am on the offensive side of the ball, so I am playing devil's advocate here, but good teams with equally good personnel will execute it just like it's meant to be. That's part of the chess match. If that was the case no one would play zone.

Not to mention you are playing all different techniques in terms of bail techinque and giving them a man look and going to zone or vice versa.

Another factor is you're assuming that Romo in this example will have all the time to make that throw for it be successful. How do you know he gets that time? What if the defense does their HW and gets their protection down, and blitzes accordingly so that he can't go for the long ball but has to go for the short route.

So many variables there are. The stuff your talking about our offensive staff and defensive staff would go back and forth on the grease board. This is what we do in our free time after we have practice set up. Our offense would draw a formation and do what you said, and our defense would counter. One thing I learned is everything has an equal to stop it.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It depends on the defense though. I am on the offensive side of the ball, so I am playing devil's advocate here, but good teams with equally good personnel will execute it just like it's meant to be. That's part of the chess match. If that was the case no one would play zone.

Not to mention you are playing all different techniques in terms of bail techinque and giving them a man look and going to zone or vice versa.

Another factor is you're assuming that Romo in this example will have all the time to make that throw for it be successful. How do you know he gets that time? What if the defense does their HW and gets their protection down, and blitzes accordingly so that he can't go for the long ball but has to go for the short route.

So many variables there are. The stuff your talking about our offensive staff and defensive staff would go back and forth on the grease board. This is what we do in our free time after we have practice set up. Our offense would draw a formation and do what you said, and our defense would counter. One thing I learned is everything has an equal to stop it.
i know i know. damn you always gotta make it so complicated lmaoo. :p

i can only think of maybe 6 defenses that have the personnel to stop that offense. i don't even know if you can "stop" it, moreso slow it down.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Choice is a good player but, as soon as Felix comes back, Choice will once again be strictly a ST player. He wasnt drafted to be apart of some three-headed monster or anything. Took Garrett forever to start giving Felix the ball...I wouldnt count on Choice getting many, if any carries when Felix comes back. Garrett better give Felix the damn ball, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
i know i know. damn you always gotta make it so complicated lmaoo. :p

i can only think of maybe 6 defenses that have the personnel to stop that offense. i don't even know if you can "stop" it, moreso slow it down.
LOL. My job is to cut out all the BS when it comes to football. Like unstoppable sets and other BS stuff you tend to see every now and then. Also football is complicated which alot of people don't talk about. If it's a Trips right or 3 X 1 formation, then most likely it's going to be a 7 step drop or perhaps a 3-5 step drop out of gun. So now the pass protection has to fit that # of drop. So the defense will either run what I said, or if they lack the personnel they will just blitz. So screw it, we want to get to Romo, or the QB at step 3 or step 2.

If the cowboys were that good they'd go 16-0. If the Pats were that good they'd go 16 and... o wait.. Well they'd go 19-0! lol. But you get what I am saying. Everything has a balance, which makes this game so good.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
LOL. My job is to cut out all the BS when it comes to football. Like unstoppable sets and other BS stuff you tend to see every now and then. Also football is complicated which alot of people don't talk about. If it's a Trips right or 3 X 1 formation, then most likely it's going to be a 7 step drop or perhaps a 3-5 step drop out of gun. So now the pass protection has to fit that # of drop. So the defense will either run what I said, or if they lack the personnel they will just blitz. So screw it, we want to get to Romo, or the QB at step 3 or step 2.

If the cowboys were that good they'd go 16-0. If the Pats were that good they'd go 16 and... o wait.. Well they'd go 19-0! lol. But you get what I am saying. Everything has a balance, which makes this game so good.
when i was watching that offense yesterday, just being the football dork that i am, i was thinking of ways to "stop" it. and honestly, your best bet is just attacking the protection schemes.

their protection can be had, that oline is not on the same level it was last year, and if you can stretch them with stunts and fire gaps, and use some blitzes to compound on that, you can create pressure. then just hope your coverage integrity is good enough to hold up.

also do some disguising to go along with that. thats really the best way to attack them.

Washington is very good at disguising coverages. you should check out their defense some time Shock. Its almost the opposite of ours. Almost exclusive 4 man rushes, and its heavily built on disguising coverages. those safeties are so good, you gotta check it out.

they really try to set you up. its not even just the playcall, its how they set up playcalls. theyll purposely show you one thing one play, with the intent of showing you the same look later in the game, baiting you to make an audible, but then at the hike that "look" becomes totally different, attack the audible that they were hoping youd audible too. its pretty neat.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Choice is a good player but, as soon as Felix comes back, Choice will once again be strictly a ST player. He wasnt drafted to be apart of some three-headed monster or anything. Took Garrett forever to start giving Felix the ball...I wouldnt count on Choice getting many, if any carries when Felix comes back. Garrett better give Felix the damn ball, though.
One knock on Garrett...he can't mix it up. If he's gonna run, he does it like 10 times in a row. Then he'll pass 10 times in a row.

Barber wanted sweeps, so he gives him like 8 sweeps in a row. The guy can't mix it up. Its like he has a one track mind.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One knock on Garrett...he can't mix it up. If he's gonna run, he does it like 10 times in a row. Then he'll pass 10 times in a row.

Barber wanted sweeps, so he gives him like 8 sweeps in a row. The guy can't mix it up. Its like he has a one track mind.
Garrett has a horrible football IQ. I actually thought he came up w/ a decent gameplan for a change this week but, most of the time it's the same garbage. You are certainly correct in your assesment. He goes from one extreme to the next...either we're passing 40 times per game or riding Barber into the ground. He doesnt know how to call a balanced game...as soon as he is named HC, we need to move on to a veteran playcaller because, he honestly doesnt know what he is doing. Once again, good job this week but, it doesnt make up for all the terrible games he has called.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mewelde Moore has long been one of the most underrated backs in the NFL. No Minnesota, he's not Adrian Peterson, but he's a fringe-serviceable starter. The Steelers would be fine if they just gave him 25 carries a game to get the ball out of Ben's overrated-hold the ball for 5 minutes-ass
Old 11-17-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't really feel like making a new thread for it, but can we all feel comfortable saying Ted Ginn is not a bust now? He might not be worth the ninth overall pick yet, but he's getting closer to it. He's hand a handful of touchdown returns called back for stupid holding calls because simply no one can catch him once he hits stride. His having an impact, not as a stretch the field guy but as a player making possession-type catches and doing slants and underneath routes. I think Pennington is unjustifiably criticized for having a 'noodle' arm, but imagine what Ginn could do in a superior offense. Like I said, maybe not worth the ninth overall yet, but he's not a bust and he's getting closer to living up to his draft slot.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think another comparison would be the 1997 Packers team to this years Titans.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get Philly. I really don't. Before the start of the season, I was more affraid of Philly then any other team in the NFC, including the Cowboys. But this team is just an enigma to me. The only thing I can think of is the fact that McNabb and Andy Reid collectively are chokers. Thats my only explanation. McNabb is more talk than substance these days. And stop blogging McNabb. Just shut up and get it done.
So you mean throwing 76% of the time and only giving your best player 17 touches IS NOT a good idea?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
I don't really feel like making a new thread for it, but can we all feel comfortable saying Ted Ginn is not a bust now? He might not be worth the ninth overall pick yet, but he's getting closer to it. He's hand a handful of touchdown returns called back for stupid holding calls because simply no one can catch him once he hits stride. His having an impact, not as a stretch the field guy but as a player making possession-type catches and doing slants and underneath routes. I think Pennington is unjustifiably criticized for having a 'noodle' arm, but imagine what Ginn could do in a superior offense. Like I said, maybe not worth the ninth overall yet, but he's not a bust and he's getting closer to living up to his draft slot.
No one's a bust until three seasons...minimum.

You know who's better than Ginn? Steve Breaston. At 1/100000000000000000th the price.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote