Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Maybe a late first, but you're right, a 2nd and maybe another pick is more likely.
For an injury-prone QB well on the wrong side of 30? Um, I'll take a fourth.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Cole is starting to catch fire. he was lacking for a lil while.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Trent Cole is starting to catch fire. he was lacking for a lil while.
I'm shocked that he doesn't lead the team in sacks. I'm even more shocked that Darren Howard (!!!!%!$15&!&!???!?!) is leading the team with 8 sacks.

Oh, and BBD, I know you're a big Stewart Bradley guy. 76 tackles, 1 sack, 7 TFL, 1 FF, 1 PD.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I'm shocked that he doesn't lead the team in sacks. I'm even more shocked that Darren Howard (!!!!%!$15&!&!???!?!) is leading the team with 8 sacks.

Oh, and BBD, I know you're a big Stewart Bradley guy. 76 tackles, 1 sack, 7 TFL, 1 FF, 1 PD.
Stewart Bradley is the man.

Cole probably has more "almost sacks" than any DE in the league by far. He missed out on like at least 5 of em.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
So sayeth my girlfriend. She won't stop staring at him.

Quote:
Cole probably has more "almost sacks" than any DE in the league by far. He missed out on like at least 5 of em.
It's maddening. Then again, so is the whole team.

BBD, let me ask you this. Say you're the Eagles, and you plan on "blowing up" the team and starting over. Who do you get rid of? Obviously Reid and McNabb, and let Dawkins retire. Then who?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
So sayeth my girlfriend. She won't stop staring at him.

It's maddening. Then again, so is the whole team.

BBD, let me ask you this. Say you're the Eagles, and you plan on "blowing up" the team and starting over. Who do you get rid of? Obviously Reid and McNabb, and let Dawkins retire. Then who?
in terms of personnel, there isn't much to blow up. the talent is there to go to the SB. perhaps the OTs? but theyre still good, if its not broken don't fix it right?

LJ Smith has to go. Selick is better anyway. Id let go of that worthless RB from Penn State (forgetting his name), Lorenzo Booker, get a power running back, put Baskett in the starting lineup, and go after Boldin. Thats pretty much it.

The team is there already, no need to blow anything up. Just maybe a slight makeover.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
in terms of personnel, there isn't much to blow up. the talent is there to go to the SB. perhaps the OTs? but theyre still good, if its not broken don't fix it right?
The OTs have been very good this year. If they were better in the run game, I'd qualify them as excellent, but they've been very good. That said, they is old, yo.

Quote:
LJ Smith has to go.
I completely agree. Giving him the franchise tag when he is the worst starting TE in the NFC Beast was a completely ridiculous move. I guess they thought they could squeeze another year out of McNabb and it'd help having his favorite target, but it didn't work out that way. Smith can't catch, can't block, and consistently bitches for the ball more. Then when he gets it, he drops it.

Quote:
Selick is better anyway.
Celek, and yes he is.

Quote:
Id let go of that worthless RB from Penn State (forgetting his name)
They moved him to FB, and then cut him like three weeks ago.

Quote:
Lorenzo Booker
Another colossal failure.

Quote:
get a power running back
Been asking for one since, I don't know, 1891. Still waiting.

Quote:
put Baskett in the starting lineup
And then bench Curtis!!!!! I don't know if Baskett is consistent starter material though. He somehow always makes huge plays, but he's not consistent.

Quote:
and go after Boldin.
I thought it was dumb that they were so against giving up an '09 first rounder when they have two. You know they're gonna trade one for a bag of footballs and a seventh round pick. But I like the idea. He's not a FA yet though.

The defense has been very good this year. The only change I'd make on D is getting a true 4-3 SAM backer, because Gocong sucks. You could keep Gocong as a situational pass rusher, but he's more suited for a 3-4 OLB spot. Dawkins will probably retire (:(), but I think Demps could play the FS in this scheme. I'd also like to cut Sean Considine.

On offense, two new OL will be needed. Herremans could probably slide out to LT if the team wants to draft a guard (if the tackle value isn't there), but either way, they need two OT/one OT and one OG. Kevin Curtis is not a #1 receiver, and whoever thought he was and thought it was a good idea to give him 36 mill for 6 years is brain-dead. If they somehow got Q, they could put Q at the 1, Baskett at the 2 (by title only, since he can't play the slot) and have Curtis and Jackson roam the slots. I think Jason Avant needs more looks. He's an excellent third down option, but doesn't play nearly enough.

Oh, and David Akers needs to GTFO.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to add:

- Braylon Edwards is terrible. Even when he does catches the ball on occassion, he can't hold onto it firmly. Marvin Harrison is old, what the heck is this guy's excuse?

Stevie Breaston is easily the best Michigan receiver in the league right now.

Last edited by Geo : 11-18-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I'd like to add:

- Braylon Edwards is terrible. Stevie Breaston is easily the best Michigan receiver in the league right now.
You shut your mouth when you're talking to me! That's blasphemous.

Edwards last night: 8 snagaroos, 104 yardskis.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Breaston is a good slot guy, but I doubt he'll ever be anything better. He was good at Michigan when he wasn't asked to be The Man. He sucked as a primary target.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Even when he does catches the ball on occassion, he can't hold onto it firmly. Marvin Harrison is old, what the heck is this guy's excuse?
He forgets his 5 hour energy shots before the game.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwards had at least 16 targets, if not more. And most if not all of those receptions is thanks to convenient zone coverage by the Bills. Even then, the ball is moving around in his hands. Take a look next time.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sniper, what you think of Housh?

I say if you can't get Boldin, Housh should definitely be available.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
And most if not all of those receptions is thanks to convenient zone coverage by the Bills.
Because no one can match up 1 vs. 1 with Braylon! Well, except his hands.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dwight Freeney has 19 pressures. The Eagles website doesn't keep track of pressures.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Dwight Freeney has 19 pressures. The Eagles website doesn't keep track of pressures.
how is freeney looking this year?
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Sniper, what you think of Housh?

I say if you can't get Boldin, Housh should definitely be available.
Yes to Houshamazillie. CHAMPIONSHIP!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how is freeney looking this year?
Great, when he's not being held. He has 4 sacks the last 2 games, and 3 of them couldn't have come at more opportune times. He had one against the Steelers on their final drive of the game, one against the Texans that turned a redzone trip into a FG (4 point sack IMO), and one against the Texans on their final drive of the game.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Great, when he's not being held. He has 4 sacks the last 2 games, and 3 of them couldn't have come at more opportune times. He had one against the Steelers on their final drive of the game, one against the Texans that turned a redzone trip into a FG (4 point sack IMO), and one against the Texans on their final drive of the game.
i heard rumors the Colts might cut Sanders at the end of the year. whats your thoughts on that? agree? disagree?

he's something like 10 mill against the cap.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The defense has been very good this year. The only change I'd make on D is getting a true 4-3 SAM backer, because Gocong sucks. You could keep Gocong as a situational pass rusher, but he's more suited for a 3-4 OLB spot. Dawkins will probably retire (:(), but I think Demps could play the FS in this scheme. I'd also like to cut Sean Considine.
I really liked Gocong coming out... as a 3-4 OLB. The guy played in a 3 point stance in college in a super aggressive scheme and was extremely productive. I saw him in person for a playoff game @ Texas State and he was one of the best on the field that had arguably 3 or 4 NFL caliber players. So it was surprising to me (and I guess now David Pollack is a good comparison) that they would try to take him from that and make him stand as a SOLB in a 4-3. The guy had potential... but you're sort of taking away what makes him great. He and Pollack both IMO should have been 3-4 OLBs.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Freeney been hurt this year or has he been playing all the games so far?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
i heard rumors the Colts might cut Sanders at the end of the year. whats your thoughts on that? agree? disagree?

he's something like 10 mill against the cap.
Well, I don't think Polian is ********, and injury prone or not, there's no denying how much better Bob makes this defense (it was fairly evident this past Sunday). As for his cap situation, if you believe coltscap.net, Bob is a ~$7 million cap hit next year, and will have $10 million in guarantees left on his contract. I would strongly disagree with releasing Bob, and I doubt the Colts would do it at a $3 million loss (or even a $2 million gain spreading the hit over 2 years). If they did let him hit the FA market, some team would be all over him. Talent is always going to have a spot in the NFL.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Sanders isn't going anywhere. Disregard the frothing idiocy saying otherwise.

Freeney has recovered well from his Lisfranc injury of a year ago. The Colts are rotating Josh Thomas with him as normal, but obviously he's played the lions' share of defensive plays in every game.

But please stop talking about the Colts.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Has Freeney been hurt this year or has he been playing all the games so far?
He's played every game, there have been a lot of times where he hasn't showed much on the stat sheet because he's been doubled a lot, plus there were some odd interpretations of holding early in the year (Freeney said he went to a ref asking why he wasn't calling holding, and according to him the ref said the only way he was going to call holding was if he felt Freeney would make an impact on the play if the holding wasn't there). He's having a pretty solid season, though, with 7 sacks, 19 pressures, and 3 FF.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's played every game, there have been a lot of times where he hasn't showed much on the stat sheet because he's been doubled a lot, plus there were some odd interpretations of holding early in the year (Freeney said he went to a ref asking why he wasn't calling holding, and according to him the ref said the only way he was going to call holding was if he felt Freeney would make an impact on the play if the holding wasn't there). He's having a pretty solid season, though, with 7 sacks, 19 pressures, and 3 FF.

Yeah true, Freeney was never a complete DE. For a pass rushing specialist that's a good season so far. It's good to see him back from injury.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote