Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummm, how can a player on the ballot be leading the next highest candidate by 143% of the vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Didn't say he was. It's just the first thing that comes to mind when I see those letters. Sadly.
Ahh lol, check this out then :D

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...82douche1.html

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 11-18-2008 at 10:09 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I don't think fan voting is only 1/3.

I know that is what the league says, but explain how Roy Williams continuously got in and probably would have got in this year as well if his name was on the ballot.

I think if the fans overwhelmingly choose someone, they will bring that player in no matter what the coaches and players say.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I don't think fan voting is only 1/3.

I know that is what the league says, but explain how Roy Williams continuously got in and probably would have got in this year as well if his name was on the ballot.

I think if the fans overwhelmingly choose someone, they will bring that player in no matter what the coaches and players say.
Fan voting is only 1/3 of the voting in the NFL. Name recognition mainly got Roy Williams in.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Fan voting is only a 3rd of the total vote.

LOL @ all the mad people. The pro bowl is a total joke anyway.
no where near as bad as the NHL voting.

Quote:
Forwards Alex Kovalev, Saku Koivu and Alex Tanguay, defencemen Andrei Markov and Mike Komisarek and goalie Carey Price are not merely leading every other player in their Eastern Conference categories. They are ahead by ridiculous margins, their monstrous numbers fuelled by computer-vote programs written to carpet-bomb, around the clock, for all six at once.

As of Sunday early afternoon, four days into balloting, Kovalev, Koivu and Tanguay had vote totals in the 190,000 range. The next closest forward, Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby, was approaching 84,000.
http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=965374
Old 11-18-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** that's ridiculous. I know fan votes are only 1/3, but any Redskin votes shouldn't count at all. That's a ******* joke.

The one thing I did find funny was that Korey Hall is 5th for fullbacks. He's not even the best FB on his own team.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What!?!? Nonsense!!! Only Cowboy fans vote in herds for their players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Fan voting is only 1/3 of the voting in the NFL. Name recognition mainly got Roy Williams in.
So you're tellin me that the other 2/3 (players and coaches) were also voting Roy in on name recognition?

I stand by my theory that this 1/3 stuff is crap. 13 players on the most hated team in the league would not make it in if it was evenly divided.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you're tellin me that the other 2/3 (players and coaches) were also voting Roy in on name recognition?

I stand by my theory that this 1/3 stuff is crap. 13 players on the most hated team in the league would not make it in if it was evenly divided.
Most hated team? Serious?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow pathetic is what that is.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Ummm, how can a player on the ballot be leading the next highest candidate by 143% of the vote?
It's simple. He more than doubles the total of the closest person.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
Oh, so now only sacks against probowl OT count? And it's 3 sacks left junior.

Anyway, this is amusing to say the least.
What's amusing that your a homer or that Abraham chokes against anything other than the worst in the league.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
13 players on the most hated team in the league would not make it in if it was evenly divided.
Uhhh, what? Most hated? I'd say if they aren't the top team they are definitely top 3.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
What's amusing that your a homer or that Abraham chokes against anything other than the worst in the league.
Drew Brees had been sacked 7 times before the Falcons game. Abraham sacked him and abused Jamaal Brown the whole game.

He also had a sack against Chad Clifton.

Sacks are lame statistics anyway. I would rather go by pressures.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Sacks aren't lame. They just shouldn't be the end all/be all when it comes to how you view production of a d-lineman.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Drew Brees had been sacked 7 times before the Falcons game. Abraham sacked him and abused Jamaal Brown the whole game.

He also had a sack against Chad Clifton.

Sacks are lame statistics anyway. I would rather go by pressures.
I watched Abraham get dominated all game by John ******* St Clair. Abraham is overrated and needs to be more consistent to even be considered for the pro bowl.

Last edited by regoob2 : 11-19-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Please dont argue with me over whether or not the Cowboys are the most hated team in the league. If not, I'd love to hear who is.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Please dont argue with me over whether or not the Cowboys are the most hated team in the league. If not, I'd love to hear who is.
Patriots???

Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its not like they can anti-vote your players... There are way more Cowboy fans out there than any other team so they get more of a turn out for pro bowl voting. Im pretty sure when voting for the pro bowl not every person thinks, hmmm... hes awesome, but hes a cowboy, **** that guy ***** dude... Im voting for that random ass dude on the Lions!! Suck it Dallas!!

It probably does happen, but not every person does it...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like the Yankees...the Cowboys are both the most loved and hated team in their respective sport...and ESPN knows this.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:26 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone calls the probowl a joke, but in 10 years time when these guys are retired and trying to get into the HOF they'll need these probowls and all pro selections to make up their Resume.

Peppers, Beason, Gamble all deserve it and down the stretch Steve Smith will likely be making a lot of noise, though with Arizona, Atlanta and GB all having good WRs and him getting a late start I doubt he makes it.

This pisses me right off.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody needs to calm down Portis, Cooley, and Sellers will be the only skins to make the pro bowl. The league will do what it do.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Everybody needs to calm down Portis, Cooley, and Sellers will be the only skins to make the pro bowl. The league will do what it do.
Sellers actually might not. Many consider Hedgecock the best FB in football. Sellers might just because he catches TDs, but Hedgecock is probably the better lead blocker and paves the way for the best rushing attack in the NFL. Regardless, I'm just happy the Giants will have more than one pro bowler this year. I think we may only have one player on our team right now to ever make it. Pierce and he was an alternate.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if fan voting is 1/3 and Sellers leads all FB's by over 130,000 votes, if you combine that from the general perception of the league they must rate him in the top 5, than I think it makes him the favor. BTW I think Sammy Knight has made a pro bowl.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Cowboys beat them to the punch to be honest with you.