Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What would the Eagles get for Donovan McNabb
2nd Round Pick 37 46.25%
3rd Round Pick 27 33.75%
Other 16 20.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect the Vikings to either sign Cassell if hes a F/A or trade for McNabb. If they had one of them this year I could see them being the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Mike Leach!!!!
Lets do it, he probably runs the ball more than Reid does...

Westbrook is one of the best players in the frickin game and we dont get him the ball? What the heck?

Kolb is garbage, if we trade McNabb we better draft a stud...because Kolb is not the answer.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Kolb is garbage, if we trade McNabb we better draft a stud...because Kolb is not the answer.
And you can tell this from one half against arguably the NFL's best defense where he performed better than McNabb?

Some people....
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
And you can tell this from one half against arguably the NFL's best defense where he performed better than McNabb?

Some people....
Look at him! You can watch him play and tell hes not a franchise QB...
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would anyone really trade for him? The Eagles are gonna cut him before he steals 10M+ from them next year. That kind of salary for that kind of player doesn't make sense for him anymore.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kolb starts thursday night then we can say goodbye to McNabb's days as an Eagle.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If Kolb starts thursday night then we can say goodbye to McNabb's days as an Eagle.
He's already done....
Old 11-24-2008, 06:56 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If he doesn't play Thursday night and Kolb does, wouldn't that give the Eagles even less value trying to trade McNabb because every other team in the league know the Eagles don't want him, and if he does get $10m+ next year they're gonna cut him so teams will have more bargaining power (if you get me). I could see the Eagles perhaps playing McNabb the rest of the year, giving Kolb more time just so it makes it look like they want McNabb and can possibly get more value for him if they do trade him.

Personally I think they need rid of McNabb and Reid and to just start over, god knows that team has talent.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
If he doesn't play Thursday night and Kolb does, wouldn't that give the Eagles even less value trying to trade McNabb because every other team in the league know the Eagles don't want him, and if he does get $10m+ next year they're gonna cut him so teams will have more bargaining power (if you get me). I could see the Eagles perhaps playing McNabb the rest of the year, giving Kolb more time just so it makes it look like they want McNabb and can possibly get more value for him if they do trade him.

Personally I think they need rid of McNabb and Reid and to just start over, god knows that team has talent.
They could get some good pieces to help rebuild quickly if they trade Mcnabb and Lito Sheppard. Reid has already stock piled a ton of good young linemen on both sides of the ball. I still think they failed in not bringing in a receiver for McNabb.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't believe in Kevin Kolb.

He can't throw deep very well, and doesn't put good zip on the ball. He reminds me of a poor man's Jeff Garcia at this point, with potential to become Jeff Garcia in the future.

I don't see it at the moment but its waaaaaaaaay too early to tell.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

I haven't really liked what I've seen from Kolb but at times I am really impressed. He can move in the pocket and create time with his feet and he slings the football around. I don't think he should be the Eagles franchise QB over McNabb just yet however.

BTW, if you're watching Eagles games this season your watching a team collapse right before your eyes and yesterday was the breaking point I think. When Kolb goes in for the greatest QB in Eagles history, you know there is a problem.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They had just as well play Kolb to see what they have in him. The seasons over.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

He can't throw deep very well, and doesn't put good zip on the ball. He reminds me of a poor man's Jeff Garcia at this point, with potential to become Jeff Garcia in the future.

I don't believe in Kolb either, but I have a well-documented hatred for declaring players as busts before they've had a chance to prove themselves.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
They could get some good pieces to help rebuild quickly if they trade Mcnabb and Lito Sheppard. Reid has already stock piled a ton of good young linemen on both sides of the ball. I still think they failed in not bringing in a receiver for McNabb.
Of course they failed in not bringing in a receiver, but that's due in big part to arrogance from Reid and Jeffrey Lurie. They always think they know better, and they think they can just plug in anyone. Look at the Eagles since Terrell Owens left...

Lito and McNabb MIGHT collectively get a 2nd rounder. Lito has been awful this year.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I thought the decision to draft Kolb was horrific. He's a system quarterback coming from a gimmick offense that ran the spread.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
As a Saints fan I would trade for Sheppard. The most I'd offer is a conditional 3rd rounder in 2010, though.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I thought the decision to draft Kolb was horrific. He's a system quarterback coming from a gimmick offense that ran the spread.
Im not gonna give up on him yet though. But he's not ready to start. I want to see him get stronger.

Andy Reid is a doucherocket as well for calling a pass play when they were inches away from getting a TD and bringing the game within 8.

help the kid out Reid!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Eagles pretty run the same ******** spread offense.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

The window is closed for the Eagles. It is sad to say that but it is the truth. Westbrook is injured, Thomas and Runyan are gone in the next 1-2 years, Dawkins isn't 1/2 of his former self and McNabb is nearing the end of his time with the Eagles. Andy Reid is likely gone and if he goes Jim Johnson goes. the Eagles have alot of young guys but those 4 players are the core of the Eagles team. The rebuilding process will begin this offseason I feel.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
The window is closed for the Eagles. It is sad to say that but it is the truth. Westbrook is injured, Thomas and Runyan are gone in the next 1-2 years, Dawkins isn't 1/2 of his former self and McNabb is nearing the end of his time with the Eagles. Andy Reid is likely gone and if he goes Jim Johnson goes. the Eagles have alot of young guys but those 4 players are the core of the Eagles team. The rebuilding process will begin this offseason I feel.
Thing is, how much rebuilding is there to do? Let's break it down.

Offensive contributors who are locks to stay: Brian Westbrook, DeSean Jackson, Kevin Curtis, Hank Baskett, Jason Avant Brent Celek, Todd Herremans, Max Jean-Gilles, Shawn Andrews.

Defensive contributors who are locks to stay: Victor Abiamiri, Juqua Parker, Trent Cole, Brod Bunkley, Mike Patterson, Stewart Bradley, Chris Gocong, Asante Samuel, Sheldon Brown, Joselio Hanson, Quintin Mikell, Quintin Demps.

What do you add? Obviously young OTs are a big need, another TE, an elite WR, a young RB, and a corner/safety. Omar Gaither isn't on my "locks" list because apparently the reason he didn't start yesterday was because he didn't want to sign an extension.

This isn't a bad team, but glaring needs have been ignored for too long.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

Akeem Jordan played really well yesterday, so Gaither if he were to be let go could fetch the Eagles a good player. I think he would do great on the Saints.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's gonna go to Tampa.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote