Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Crazy Article

I don't know if I'm going to get in trouble for putting this on here because its from ESPN, but ESPN just posted a combination of like 6 articles about the security of the players in the NFL post Sean Taylar & Darrent Williams. If you've read it I'd like to hear what everyone because I thinks its a great story and I suggest reading it if you already haven't....its the main story on the NFL page so its easy to get to

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3711336

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Last edited by rockio42 : 11-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are allowed to post anything free on NFLDC....as long as you don't have to pay to see it your free to post it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And as long as it isn't from a rival draft site.

Just post the link to the articles and you are good rockio.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:35 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could be wrong, but I think its ok to post ESPN articles. lawl

Its not a bad article but it makes an error in its assumption that people target NFL players specifically. Its more a targeting of rich people. If someone's got money and there's an opportunity for someone who's willing to take it, there's going to be a crime committed.

I don't believe many of these attacks are premeditated (except for the targeting of the Jags lineman) I think its more, targeting wealth and the score than the footballer.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I could be wrong, but I think its ok to post ESPN articles. lawl

Its not a bad article but it makes an error in its assumption that people target NFL players specifically. Its more a targeting of rich people. If someone's got money and there's an opportunity for someone who's willing to take it, there's going to be a crime committed.

I don't believe many of these attacks are premeditated (except for the targeting of the Jags lineman) I think its more, targeting wealth and the score than the footballer.
I think the article is kind of insinuating that the criminals see them on TV and know the kind of money they're making because contracts and stuff are public so it makes them easier targets.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention the reason this happens more frequently (relative to the size of the athlete population) to athletes than normal rich executives is because normal rich executives aren't flashing their money the way that athletes do. The fact that one of the players had to make a conscious choice to NOT drive around with huge rimes and instead a "normal" luxury car explains this. Normal wealthy executives like to place their money in places such as markets, real estate and things more liquid than say a diamond plated chain that spells their nick-name.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diversity in one's portfolio doesn't include "bling" or "rims" that said If I was getting hit every week I'd probably have a DB9 or something to get around in and something awesome as a family car too.

I don't think I'd still be going to clubs etc, but clubs piss me off.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the process of reading this, but there was a very similar story in the local paper. Scary stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm up to the Derrick Brooks part.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Normal wealthy executives like to place their money in places such as markets, real estate and things more liquid than say a diamond plated chain that spells their nick-name.
That's a pretty huge stereotype, alot of NFL players like Terrance Newman are smart and invest their money properly, because there are a few knuckleheads that doesn't supplant the wide majority of players who are smart about it.

And those Executives and CEO's, alot of them keep money in safe's in their house, case under the drawer, you never know, let's not assume that just because they run a fortune 500 company they don't have thousands of dollars sitting around their house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And those Executives and CEO's, alot of them keep money in safe's in their house, case under the drawer, you never know, let's not assume that just because they run a fortune 500 company they don't have thousands of dollars sitting around their house.
liquid assets ftw.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Keyshawn was always great with his money. He has it invested in plenty of successful companies.

and I agree with Metsox. Go the Brooks or Dunn way.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-21-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's a pretty huge stereotype, alot of NFL players like Terrance Newman are smart and invest their money properly, because there are a few knuckleheads that doesn't supplant the wide majority of players who are smart about it.

Hardly a stretch of a stereotype. Look at everyone of thoes knucklehead ex-players on ESPN. Every one of them have huge watches and wear ridiculous gaudy suits. Its that flashy mentality that gets a lot of them in trouble.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CEOs would keep lots of very expensive items in their home, Art, jewelry, rare collectibles, etc. For a knowledgeable thief it would be extremely profitable, not so much for a couple of thugs off the street.

NFL players often hang out with the same friends they had before they made it big and go to the same type of clubs. They tend to be rougher crowds, sometimes even thugs.

CEOs come from a completely different world. They grew up in an upper class world where violence is considered crude. They use lawyers or pay others to do the dirty stuff for them. They hang out in country clubs and other upper class establishments where thugs don't hang out.

Age is also a big factor. NFL players become millionares in their early twenties while CEOs don't until their much older.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forget who said it but it went along the lines of once you come into my house it's game on.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote