Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
He runs everywhere but forward, which as you said is all he can do, right? Why does he try to do things he cannot? That, is a matter of coaching.

He seems elusive enough based on what I have seen. He just has no vision.

Smith is a **** up waiting to happen. He has fumble issues!

You're also someone that has called for Ronde to be cut.....right?

I mean, I wanted his time to diminish but you seem like you are "one of those" fans.
My mistake for miswording my post. I said it has "nothing to do with coaching", but you're right that it's partially their fault. It's still their job to work around his physical limitations, which is what I was begging for all year (have him run straight).

He has no vision and no elusiveness. He's just hard to catch when he hits the hole.

Smith didn't fumble today. Lots of players struggle with fumbles, but most fix the problem eventually. Tiki Barber changed how he carried it, Ahman Green stopped wearing those black arm sleeves. I think Smith has learned his lesson as I'm sure the coaches said "1 more and you're out".

I never called for Ronde to be cut. I said he should retire after the season. He can't keep up with the game anymore physically. He's been beaten more this year than any other Buc corner in recent memory. Teams have been picking on him because he's small, slow and has slipping issues. He still has good instincts and is quick enough to jump passes, but that doesn't make up for a number of costly mistakes. He pretty much lost us the game against Dallas.

I wanted whose time to diminish? There are Buc fans that take things too far because they can't control their emotions. I'm not one of them. If I say something it's because of logic, not anger. I called for Dexter Jackson to be cut in the preseason. That could've helped us.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I called for Dexter Jackson to be cut in the preseason. That could've helped us.
I think putting Ronde in man-to-man situations is a larger problem than his failing physical abilities.

But that (bolded) is just insane.

Did you also call for Dre Moore to be cut? That's a move I would have endorsed. (off the team, no practice squad time)

As for the fumbling, if that can be fixed, maybe Dexter's vision problems/hitting the hole problems can too?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I think putting Ronde in man-to-man situations is a larger problem than his failing physical abilities.

But that (bolded) is just insane.

Did you also call for Dre Moore to be cut? That's a move I would have endorsed. (off the team, no practice squad time)

As for the fumbling, if that can be fixed, maybe Dexter's vision problems/hitting the hole problems can too?
Agree. We can find a better corner in the draft this year though, no? Either way, Ronde has 1 more year in him, tops. He himself will admit how slow he is and how he's having a down year, but now that I think about it, we need him for our nickel packages anyway.

I'm not one to go off numbers. Although he did have a TD (running straight), I saw the lack of elusiveness and /facepalm.

Yes. He was by far our worst lineman. He'd make it on other team's, but we're loaded with talented interior linemen. He definitely has the talent to be developed on the PS....but he's got a long ways to go to be physically ready for the pros. No conditioning, no motor.

Sure. Dexter would be an average returner if he ran straight. Still not as good or consistent as Smith and others, but at least he would be serviceable. Dexter's problems are very easy to fix, but that still won't complete him.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Horton should be top 5, if not #1/#2, he's been hands down the best Rookie this season.
Umm Matt Ryan..enough said.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dustin Keller should be higher, hes way better than John Carlson. Carlson doesn't have half the talent Keller has. Keller is just getting involved and is tearing it up right now.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DRC should be on that list.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indeed he is our #1 CB right now, really has stepped it up the last 2 weeks

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan is awesome. Future Hall of Famer.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Matt Ryan is awesome. Future Hall of Famer.
This might be a smidge early.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a smidge.

But I think it will happen.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Matt Forte is at least in the conversation. There definitely 1 and 2.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Just a smidge.

But I think it could happen.
^^fixed.^^

Old 11-23-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just a smidge.

But I think it will happen.

Holy ****, he's played a little more than half a season. Take it easy.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Dude, he's Matt Ryan.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

It's becoming hard for me to differentiate player jockeys from fans of the logo. You have the team in your name but you won't quit jawing about that one player (not directed towards any one poster).

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-23-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

You're just jelous.

I brag on him, Michael Turner, John Abraham, and Roddy White equally. The next tier consists of Michael Boley, Jerious Norwood, and the newly added Harry Douglas. Chris Houston, Lawyer, Erik Coleman, and many others inhabit the next group. And at the bottum are the Adam Jennings and Jamaal Andersons of the team, no disrespect meant to them.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Matt Forte is at least in the conversation. There definitely 1 and 2.
Matt Forte wishes he was in the discussion for best rookie of the year. Though he is my number 3 (I have Clady at number 2). In terms of voting, he is 2 though.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

Keller, higher

It seems the only way to stop him is to hold him. As shown today by the Titans. His catches in the Patriots game. He is on fire.

20 receptions 236 yards 1 td in the last 3 weeks.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
Keller, higher

It seems the only way to stop him is to hold him. As shown today by the Titans. His catches in the Patriots game. He is on fire.

Are those great stats? Favre always makes TEs look good.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Clady has had a better season than Jake Long IMO.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:20 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster
Yeah, but we suck at coverin' pass catching TE's.

They know who they are...

*glares at Dallas Clark*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout the much hyped OT class?
Long, Clady, and Albert are all playing really well.
Williams and Cherilus not so much...
And how is Duane Brown doing? Ive heard hes been decent but I admit I dont see much Houston.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
How bout the much hyped OT class?
Long, Clady, and Albert are all playing really well.
Williams and Cherilus not so much...
And how is Duane Brown doing? Ive heard hes been decent but I admit I dont see much Houston.
Duane probably started off the season better, he is not playing very well right now. Doing fine in the running game but his protection has a long way to go. I would say he can handle the average guys but good pass rushers give him fits and he has faced a ton of them this year.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
Keller, higher

Dude, he was held one time.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Matt Ryan has been playing great at QB. But Horton is just flat out playing at a pro-bowl level as a rookie.

Ryan isn't. He's playing great for a rookie. Horton is playing better than most guys who have some tenure in the league.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote