Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtisNo1
#2, but the first one was not bad either. These are some of the most realistic hockey movies out there, right danman.
Yeah, Fulton Reed blasts one so hard it goes through the net. That's realistic :roll:
of course it is.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:24 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
#2, but the first one was not bad either. These are some of the most realistic hockey movies out there, right danman.
Yeah, Fulton Reed blasts one so hard it goes through the net. That's realistic :roll:
of course it is.
And how goldberg and Russ change gear in a matter of minutes when it would take prolly 5-10, and no one notices.

Oh and how at the end no one knows if Julie caught he puck. Look in the back of the net, it should be there if she didn't stop it.

Both realistic. :roll:
Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
of course it is.
And how goldberg and Russ change gear in a matter of minutes when it would take prolly 5-10, and no one notices.

Oh and how at the end no one knows if Julie caught he puck. Look in the back of the net, it should be there if she didn't stop it.

yes that is very realistic
Old 05-09-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
of course it is.

And who could forget when Fulton winds up for a slap shot, and everyone hides, including the goalie in the back of the net. You are supposed to stop the puck jackass, not run away from it. Definetely real.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
of course it is.

And who could forget when Fulton winds up for a slap shot, and everyone hides, including the goalie in the back of the net. You are supposed to stop the puck jackass, not run away from it. Definetely real.
I think you are just jealous that both Julie and Goldberg are better goalies than you.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
DaFan
Veteran

DaFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The original is the best! Mike Modano and Basil McRae cameos!

"Angelo takes a new offseason approach to solving offensive needs - ignoring them."
http://www.firejerryangelo.com
DaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Despite Danman's body size he's more lke Julie The Cat in #2. He is a great goaltender (how the world allows him to do the splits on the ice is a mystery to me, and is constantly bitching. (Not that she did, but this danman bitches about everything.)
Old 05-09-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
of course it is.

I think you are just jealous that both Julie and Goldberg are better goalies than you.
Yeah cuz they are real people :roll:
Old 05-09-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
psub10champs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
of course it is.

A ******** blind boy could play better goalie than goldberg.

But in regards to the question. Definately one. I liked two until the end, when th cowboy lassoed someone. That ruined the movie for me. And that tiny asian beatin up that Iceland Goalie? C'mon. The third one was most realistic IMO. Except that Charlie became awesome in it, when he was the one who had to sit out the year before.

My Vote: #1 is the best
Old 05-09-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by psub10champs
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
of course it is.

A *********** blind boy could play better goalie than goldberg.

But in regards to the question. Definately one. I liked two until the end, when th cowboy lassoed someone. That ruined the movie for me. And that tiny asian beatin up that Iceland Goalie? C'mon. The third one was most realistic IMO. Except that Charlie became awesome in it, when he was the one who had to sit out the year before.

My Vote: #1 is the best
Another realistic aspect of Hockey, people get lassoed :roll:
Old 05-09-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danman, how old were you when these movies came out. They weren't meant to be realistic. Just classic Disney feel good movies that are meant to please kids and their parents. I never saw #3, but the first two certainly did just that.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Danman, how old were you when these movies came out. They weren't meant to be realistic. Just classic Disney feel good movies that are meant to please kids and their parents. I never saw #3, but the first two certainly did just that.
I was little, and I still hated them. I was about 6 when the first came out, 98 with the second, and prolly ten or 11 with the last. I hated them even then.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
I was little, and I still hated them. I was about 6 when the first came out, 98 with the second, and prolly ten or 11 with the last. I hated them even then.
I doubt many 6 year olds who like Hockey hated the first one when it came out. If you are in high school you were probably more like 4 when it came out anyway. The movie is 14 years old already.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
The Original one......that is the most chilling,occurs in the great state of Minnesota, and the ending We are the Champions, we are the champions, no time for losers cuz we are the champions of the world......
They were singing that song at the end of the 2nd one I believe. My fav is the original too though.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
DaFan
Veteran

Quote:
The third one was most realistic IMO. Except that Charlie became awesome in it, when he was the one who had to sit out the year before.
The third actually loses my vote on account of total lack of realism. We're supposed to go from believing this is a team that just won the world championship, knocking off the big, bad Icelanders to a team that gets pummelled by the varsity team at their high school? Maybe it's more of a realism problem with #2 and a continuity issue with the third one.

"Angelo takes a new offseason approach to solving offensive needs - ignoring them."
Old 05-09-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D2!!!!!!!!!!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFan
Quote:
The third one was most realistic IMO. Except that Charlie became awesome in it, when he was the one who had to sit out the year before.
The third actually loses my vote on account of total lack of realism. We're supposed to go from believing this is a team that just won the world championship, knocking off the big, bad Icelanders to a team that gets pummelled by the varsity team at their high school? Maybe it's more of a realism problem with #2 and a continuity issue with the third one.
#2 was unrealistic because when is Iceland a power-house in hockey???? Even if it's for kids. The Russian, Canadian or Swedish kids would beat the Icelanders easily.

Acctually it's very possible that the former Junior champs would struggle against guys who are older then them. According to the movie the Ducks were freshmen while the Varsity team were upperclassmen who were coming off straight State championships. And that state is Minnesota, which produces a lot of future NHLers. If there's a HS in Minnesota that is that dominant then their team should be very talented.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
DaFan
Veteran

They supposedly play in the Junior Goodwill Games in D2. Problem is, that's a program that doesn't include hockey as an event and is supposed to be for kids 8-13 years old. I wanna see some birth certificates if we're supposed to believe team Iceland resides in that age range. I get the distinct feeling we're looking at an under 18 junior tourney there.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
DaFan
Veteran

btw, speaking of being all grown up...check out #18:

Old 05-09-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They supposedly play in the Junior Goodwill Games in D2. Problem is, that's a program that doesn't include hockey as an event and is supposed to be for kids 8-13 years old. I wanna see some birth certificates if we're supposed to believe team Iceland resides in that age range. I get the distinct feeling we're looking at an under 18 junior tourney there.
Well that's yet another unrealistic thing about D2. D1 and D3 were more realistic.

Another unrealistic thing about D2 is that about 80% of US national team came from the SAME DISTRICT. There was a one goon from Chicago, a chick-goalie from Maine, a cowboy from Texas(yeah right :roll: ) and a Latino kid from Florida who couldn't even stop. The rest of the team was from District 5.

Later they added a Cali kid with a "knucklepuck" who could barely keep himself from falling face first to the ice.

If I was in charge of the Junior National team and Bombay were to give me this team, I'd kick his @$$ and fire him on the spot.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:16 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
btw, speaking of being all grown up...check out #18:
That might be an old picture. She looked older in "Runaway Jury".
Old 05-09-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink
DaFan
Veteran

Well, like I said, it's really more of a continuity than a realism issue with #3, but right from the start, I could never get into that one at all, it was just too unbelievable. Which granted, is likely due just as much to the fact that just like most of the actors on the Ducks team, I was 18 at that point.

All I know is I ate the original one up as a kid and the other two didn't live up to that standard for one reason or another.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
DaFan
Veteran

That picture was supposedly from 2005 from an O.C. photo shoot. I can't verify that though. You want to know where she looked really good though? "The Queen of the Damned." (the vamp movie with Aaliyah, in case the swearing filter bleeps out the last word of the title)

Old 05-09-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink

D1 and D2 are tied at 10 a piece. D3 is out of the running and didn't even get one vote.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ducks suck!