Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-22-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Moulds is a free agent? Wow, he definitely would be a nice fit.

Still, though, I stand by my belief that McCardell could be to us what Ricky Proehl was to the Panthers a few years ago.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
TPFKA#1SaintsFan, first and foremost, I would like to ask you to please refrain from insulting other posters, even if you disagree with them. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on this matter.
Let's just drop it, okay? We obviously disagree on the subject and that isn't going to change.

However,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Are you serious? So, you're telling me that if we bring McCardell in, that we can't sign or draft anyone else at WR? Wow, that makes, you know, so much sense!
THIS IS NOT AN INSULT, and you know it. It's heated discussion, and I never insulted you. I like you and respect your opinion. Take a look around this forum, there are a lot of things said between posters that are A LOT harsher than what I said, that don't break the rules. Hell, just take a look at 90% of bf_51's posts. This wasn't a personal attack, I never insulted you, it was heated discussion and if you don't want a heated discussion there are better ways to handle it than calling me out in front of everyone. Now, you feel free to PM me if you have any questions on this matter.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Let's just drop it, okay? We obviously disagree on the subject and that isn't going to change.
Agreed.

Done and done with the talk about Keenan McCardell. You obviously feel very strongly that the Saints should acquire him, whereas I do not.

Question for you is: what would you say about the Saints doing something like Scott Wright has us doing, in the sense of choosing LSU WR Craig "Buster" Davis in the second round? Would you be against that selection?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Agreed.

Done and done with the talk about Keenan McCardell. You obviously feel very strongly that the Saints should acquire him, whereas I do not.

Question for you is: what would you say about the Saints doing something like Scott Wright has us doing, in the sense of choosing LSU WR Craig "Buster" Davis in the second round? Would you be against that selection?
As much as I like Buster Davis, I think we need to fully devote our first and second round picks to defense. We definitely need to take a CB with either our first or second, and I'd like to see us go LB or D-Line with the other pick. Basically, the earliest I'd want us to even think about addressing the offense is third round.

This draft is deep at WR and we should be able to get a good young player to possibly develop into a #2 guy in the 3rd or 4th round. But I don't think that we're going to (or need to) grab someone to start right away, and especially if it happens in round one or two.

Why, if you don't mind me asking, are you so against Devery Henderson getting a shot at being our #2 next season?

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 03-22-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

'Saints GM Mickey Loomis expects Bobby Engram to return to Seattle.'

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerp...ort=NFL&id=538

so, looks like McCardell will be the vet WR we will go after now...
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post

That sounds great to me.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post

Eric Moulds should be our guy. Last thing we need on our team is signing some guy from the geriatric department.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Eric Moulds should be our guy. Last thing we need on our team is signing some guy from the geriatric department.
Speaking of geriatrics, what would you say about the Saints targeting WR David Patten, formerly of New England and Washington?

Also, it seems that former Saints wide receiver Az Hakim is off the market, as he was signed by the Dolphins to a one-year deal.

So now it seems that the bigger names that are still available are Bobby Engram, David Patten, Corey Bradford, Antonio Bryant, and yes, Keenan McCardell.

Any one really jump out at you (besides TPFKA#1SaintsFan's man-crush on McCardell )?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-23-2007, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
Chicago's free-agent defensive tackle Ian Scott arrived Wednesday night in Atlanta for a Thursday visit.
Hopefully, this doesn't pan out and New Orleans is the next stop...

(crosses fingers)

Please...

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-23-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys signed Ken Hamlin. I wish we would've signed him but now he's with a rival.

I wish we could sign a DT. We need some youth along the defensive front. Scott or Anthony Adams would be really nice.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Good news:

Quote:
COPPER STICKING WITH SAINTS

After drawing some interest on the restricted free agent market, receiver Terrance Copper has decided to stay with the Saints.

Per a league source, Copper will sign a one-year deal. The contract is expected to be worth more than his one-year tender offer of $850,000.

Copper signed with the Saints in 2006 after being released by the Cowboys. With Joe Horn no longer in New Orleans, Copper will likely be a bigger part of the offense in 2007.
Per PFT.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah good to hear, if some team forced us to part with Copper we would have a much bigger hole at WR.

I'm guessing he only signed a 1 year deal so that he could further prove himself before the Saints invest more in him.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation Saints acquire kicker Mare from Dolphins

Quote:
Olindo Mare was traded by the Miami Dolphins to the New Orleans Saints, ending the kicker's weeks of waiting for a change of scenery.

The Dolphins are getting the Saints' sixth-round pick, No. 199 overall, in this month's draft.
Source: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/10106359

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Free-agent receiver David Patten came to New Orleans for a visit Monday. The 5-10, 190-pounder was released by the Washington Redskins last month after two disappointing seasons.
Source: http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...050.xml&coll=1

Signature made by me

Old 04-03-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Isn't 6th too much for a kicker?
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout View Post
Isn't 6th too much for a kicker?
Actually I don't think it's too much at all. Especially since the Saints could've very well used a late round pick on a Kicker anyway in the Draft.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Olindo Mare article. Link

Quote:
Mare, entering his 11th season, is the Dolphins' all-time leader in several categories, including field goals (245), scoring (1,148) and field goal accuracy (.809, 245 of 303). He has also been the league's best at putting kickoffs out of reach over the last eight seasons. Since 1999, 126 of his kickoffs have gone for a touchback, including tying his career-high with an NFL-leading 24 last season.

In 2006, Mare led Miami with 100 points, drilling 26 of 36 field goals and making all 22 PATs. He closed the season by making his last nine field goal attempts, and reached triple digits in scoring for the sixth time in his career. His career accuracy percentage of 80.9 ranks 11th in NFL history among kickers with at least 100 career field goals made. Mare has 12 game-winning kicks in his career, and he has booted 15 field goals of 50 yards or more, including one in the playoffs.
and I updated the Saints off-season tracker on post #80 to include the latest moves.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

It probably would be him, Vanderjagt or one in the Draft. I personally was hoping for Crosby, but Mare is also a good signing. At least he is younger than Carney ;)

Signature made by me

Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

He is solid on Kickoffs and is has pretty good range over 50 yards, made his last nine kicks last year
Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Nice deal for the Saints. Carney is retiring, and Mare is better than any of our other options (Vanderjagt or a late round rookie).

We probably would have had to draft Crosby with our second rounder in order to get him. A kicker is just not worth a pick that high.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Actually I don't think it's too much at all. Especially since the Saints could've very well used a late round pick on a Kicker anyway in the Draft.
This guys got like maybe 4 years left though...

He was going to be cut anyway too...
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
This guys got like maybe 4 years left though...

He was going to be cut anyway too...
What are the chances of whomever our 6th round pick would have been even making the active roster, much less being around in 4 years? We needed a kicker. Mare is a good kicker. So, the Dolphins would have cut him, you say? Who's to know that he would have signed with us? We didn't give up much at all for a proven starting kicker.

Jesus, your lack of knowledge and logic is bewildering.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-04-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Carney's agent, Jack Mills, speculated that Carney will likely be granted his release by the Saints.

"John is assessing his position, but it's most likely that he will choose to be someplace else," said Mills, who also said he believes the Saints would allow Carney to leave, even if they don't plan to release him.

Retirement could be a possibility.
Source: http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index...250.xml&coll=1

Signature made by me

Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Saints re-signed restricted free agent DT Rodney Leisle to a one-year, $850,000 contract.
Source: Rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Old 04-05-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Link It's official Saints released kicker John Carney. He took the time to write a farewell letter to Saints fans and the people of New Orleans.

Quote:
To the Faithful of New Orleans:

My time of wearing the Fleur de Lis has come to a close. For six seasons, I have been blessed and privileged to represent the most faithful, loyal fans that the NFL has to offer. This was never so evident than during this magical season of 2006. Monday night football will never reach the pitch and purpose it met on the night of September 25th.

New Orleans is a city regaining its strength and swagger, and the Saints are proud to be leading the way. My family and I have been forever imprinted with the style, culture and kindness of the South. Through triumphs and tragedies, the perseverance and integrity of the New Orleans' people is far stronger than politics and hurricanes.

I leave New Orleans a far better man, looking for a team in need of a wrinkled foot, sure to soon be missing great friends of the South, with the knowledge that my taste buds will always yearn for one more Drago's charbroiled oyster!

May God bless the city of New Orleans. Thank ya'll for the support and class you showed me during my Saint's career.

Best wishes and God speed, John Carney #3
Good luck Mr.Carney wherever you go, he is a guy that exudes class. It's a shame most people will remember him for missing the XP in the River City Relay, but other than that one blunder he was actually a pretty accurate kicker throughout his career with the Saints.