Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

The Saints have what 3 or 4 4th round picks? David is a very above average CB. He is undersized, but he is so consistant. You know what you will get from him every week. A solid #2 CB who can shut down probably 80% of the leagues #2 WR's. Not a great tackler, but enough to get the job done.

He sounds like the type of guy the Saints need and for the price of a 4th rounder, I'de go as far to say that this deal is a lock.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
The Saints have what 3 or 4 4th round picks? David is a very above average CB. He is undersized, but he is so consistant. You know what you will get from him every week. A solid #2 CB who can shut down probably 80% of the leagues #2 WR's. Not a great tackler, but enough to get the job done.

He sounds like the type of guy the Saints need and for the price of a 4th rounder, I'de go as far to say that this deal is a lock.
Yea we have 3 fourth rounders, from your description David seems like exactly the type of guy we need. Solid cover guy, who won't give up the big play.

I would not mind giving up a 4th at all, however I think if we make an offer Indy will match as they seem to have already lost Nick Harper I would imagine they wouldn't want to lose another Corner this off-season.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would not be against this move at all. One of our three 4th round picks would not be a very big price to land a pretty solid corner.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Yea we have 3 fourth rounders, from your description David seems like exactly the type of guy we need. Solid cover guy, who won't give up the big play.

I would not mind giving up a 4th at all, however I think if we make an offer Indy will match as they seem to have already lost Nick Harper I would imagine they wouldn't want to lose another Corner this off-season.
Colts won't match. Hayden & Jackson are ready to start. Jennings is going to be getting more PT too. David was going to be let go next off season anyways, so if the Colts get a 4th for a guy who would be a UFA, I think that's a win. It's a win for the Saints because you will get a solid #2 for a reasonable price, at the cost of pennies (considering how many picks you got).
Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Colts won't match. Hayden & Jackson are ready to start. Jennings is going to be getting more PT too. David was going to be let go next off season anyways, so if the Colts get a 4th for a guy who would be a UFA, I think that's a win. It's a win for the Saints because you will get a solid #2 for a reasonable price, at the cost of pennies (considering how many picks you got).
are you really a scout, for the Colts?

and you really do think..if the Saints sign him...yall's won't match?
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting.. didn't know about all the young guys you had in the wings.

I hope to see an offer made soon. We need all the corner help we can get.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word has it that we might be close to signing Jason David (CB from Colts) to an offer sheet.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Word has it that we might be close to signing Jason David (CB from Colts) to an offer sheet.
source?

also David met with the Saints today (per NOLA.com)...and that article from ESPN stated that 'we are serious about David'.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suppose close to signing him to an offer sheet was a bit premature, but yeah... basically what you said.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for the Saints to grab him even if it means giving up a 4th Rounder. I actually had the Saints getting David in the last forum mock.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saints signed TE Calen Powell to a two-year contract.
Source: Rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I would love for the Saints to grab him even if it means giving up a 4th Rounder. I actually had the Saints getting David in the last forum mock.
I agree, especially since we have three fourth rounders.

If we were able to sign Jason David, then I think it could change the direction we go in the Draft in less than two weeks.

If we get David, do we still target a cornerback with our first rounder, or does it become a "best player available" situation?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we sign Jason David I think we would take the best CB, LB, TE, WR or DT available.

Signature made by me

Old 04-15-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
corporaten45

I don't know if I really like David guys, he is a complete mismatch waiting to happen. He is 5'7 / 5'8 and 175 pounds. That is too small to be a "solid" corner for us. It almost seems a waste of our 4th rounder. He'll be a mismatch against almost every WR and pretty much [from what i've read] won't be able to help us out much against the run either. In my opinion we should pursue other corners if we're looking for anymore free agents or just find a prospect CB in the draft. In the draft I'm going to be crossing my fingers for Chris Houston/Aaron Ross
Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporaten45 View Post
I don't know if I really like David guys, he is a complete mismatch waiting to happen. He is 5'7 / 5'8 and 175 pounds. That is too small to be a "solid" corner for us. It almost seems a waste of our 4th rounder. He'll be a mismatch against almost every WR and pretty much [from what i've read] won't be able to help us out much against the run either. In my opinion we should pursue other corners if we're looking for anymore free agents or just find a prospect CB in the draft. In the draft I'm going to be crossing my fingers for Chris Houston/Aaron Ross
He is undersized and that was a reason for him dropping to the fourth round during the year he was drafted, however, he has panned out nicely for Indianapolis. He is their starting #2 cornerback and has played very well for them. I think he could come in and do the same for us and if not then he would be an extremely valuable nickel guy.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-15-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason David is the name of my twin brother.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Neat.

Hes worth one of our 3 4th round picks if nothing else. Hes done a good job for Indy, and we desperately need corner help.

Its a good insurance policy in case we can't get one of the 4 first round corner prospects this year.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I have great memories of David Patten. He can never stay healthy, but when he could, he was such a solid deep guy.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
I agree, especially since we have three fourth rounders.

If we were able to sign Jason David, then I think it could change the direction we go in the Draft in less than two weeks.

If we get David, do we still target a cornerback with our first rounder, or does it become a "best player available" situation?
I think if we sign David, then it becomes BPA with our first round selection as David would feel a big need at CB.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporaten45 View Post
Fred Thomas, as terrible as he's been recently, was at one time a very solid corner for us. He's only 5'9".

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-16-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Saints began contract negotiations with restricted free agent cornerback Jason David over the weekend.
If David signs an offer sheet, the deal could contain a "poison pill" that would make the contract frontloaded. The Saints have three fourth-round picks and would forfeit one if Indianapolis fails to match the proposal. David is expected to command a similar deal to the one Rod Hood got.
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...?urn=nfl,29489

Signature made by me

Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

No one made mention of the saints picking up Trev Faulk?

Ex LSU linebacker. Suddenly listed on the roster yesterday.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I didn't even know.

He started for Arizona a few years ago. Should be at least a solid backup.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
I didn't even know.

He started for Arizona a few years ago. Should be at least a solid backup.
I really don't think he ever started for Arizona. Anyway, he'll be a solid backup AT MOST, not at least. I'd be willing to bet that either Faulk or Alfred Fincher will get cut at some point before the season starts, maybe both. I liked the guy at LSU, but let's face it... he's a career backup, and I don't think he was even in the league last year. Maybe he'll play on the practice squad...

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 04-17-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Yea I'm not expecting much from Faulk, adds another guy for competition in camp. If he makes the cuts he will provide depth, and contribute on special teams most probably.