Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Saints will not place the franchise tag on S Darren Sharper. This means either we are confident we can re-sign him or that Malcom Jenkins will be the starter at FS next season.
I hope we re-sign him. It would be nice to keep that secondary together for another year. I think it would be great for jenkins to have another year to learn from Sharper if indeed they plan to move him to FS.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I also see us having no problem resigning him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we get him for atleast one more so he will have a prodigy :)
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we lose Sharper this offseason. He was great this past season but i don't wanna break the bank on a guy who will maybe play another year or two. Let someone else give him his big pay paid.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this elsewhere but I really think it's 50/50 that we re-sign him. Other teams saw how well he played and might be willing to pay him more than we are. However, most of Sharper's success was due to the aggressiveness of Gregg William's scheme which enabled him to roam and make plays instead of being assigned to a designated area on the field to play.

I agree that another year would make a world of difference because that would allow Jenkins more time to learn FS. I was talking to someone yesterday about Jenkins, speaking of which. He insisted that we [the Saints] are going to keep him at CB because he's a good CB. I disagreed countering with the fact that we selected him with the 14th selection and it would be a waste of a pick to choose a nickelback that high in the draft if that's where we plan on keeping him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta sign Ladanian thomlinson

gotta resign sharper

throw our hat in the race for antonio cromartie. he's still on his $12 rookie deal.

trade jammal brown for a first or a second round pick to a team like green bay that really needs help there.

take a long look at vernon gholston if he gets cut.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
gotta sign Ladanian thomlinson

gotta resign sharper

throw our hat in the race for antonio cromartie. he's still on his $12 rookie deal.

trade jammal brown for a first or a second round pick to a team like green bay that really needs help there.

take a long look at vernon gholston if he gets cut.
Why do we need LDT?

Why do we need ANOTHER CB when we have Greer and Porter?

Why do we need to go after a first round bust in Gholston? Please don't give the "well, he played in a 4-3 at OSU and did well" excuse because their is a huge difference in the level of competition between the Big 10 and the NFL.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do we need LDT?

Why do we need ANOTHER CB when we have Greer and Porter?

Why do we need to go after a first round bust in Gholston? Please don't give the "well, he played in a 4-3 at OSU and did well" excuse because their is a huge difference in the level of competition between the Big 10 and the NFL.
LT is a lot better than mike bell and lynell hamilton in pass protection and in catching the ball out of the backfield. there was talk all over the messageboards yesterday and the day before because drew brees actually said that he would love to have LT in the black and gold. he even asked the question yesterday on his twitter "who thinks LT should come to N.O." it makes alot of sense it we can get him for about 2mil like we got sharper last season.

its not porter or sharper you need to replace. its *** or jenkins. *** only had 1 int last year and 1 FF including playoffs and he only has 6 INTs in his career. cromartie was the best nickelback in the game in 2007 while recording

10 ints during the regular season
2 ints during the playoffs
2 ints during the probowl

he may not be as good on the outside but at nickle he has more size and playmaking ability than *** and more speed than jenkins.

as far as gholston is concerned, i'd like to bring him in if he gets cut or for a seventh rounder to compete with jeff charleston. you're not going to find athletes as talented as gholston in the seventh round. he did set the single season sack record at ohio state when he wasn't playing linebacker.

do you think that the 3-4 is for every college DE like charles grant and will smith too?
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:03 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I know Brees said he wanted L.T on his twitter page. But i dont think we need him. I like Thomas, Bush, and Bell set up we got. Now if L.T is ready to come down and take Bells place for little money I would be ok with it. I just dont think he wants to be in a three back rotation.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I know Brees said he wanted L.T on his twitter page. But i dont think we need him. I like Thomas, Bush, and Bell set up we got. Now if L.T is ready to come down and take Bells place for little money I would be ok with it. I just dont think he wants to be in a three back rotation.
We don't need LT, especially considering how much he has deteriorated as a running back. If anything we need a steady power back, which LT is not. With the Saints having PT and Reggie, two players that are better now than LT is now then I don't see how this is a conversation.

And nofalcons, Gholston was brought in to be a rushbacker/de hybrid. People (draft experts included) thought he could make the transition. He didn't. He's undersized for a 4-3 DE (in our scheme anyway) and doesn't seem to have it all there mentally. I really question someone's ability if they can't make it in Rex Ryan's scheme since most people excel in his system that play in it.
Charles Grant could probably be a 3-4 DE, Will Smith is strictly a 4-3 RDE. Of course there are differences in size and skill in a 3-4 DE and 4-3 DE.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofalcons10 View Post
LT is a lot better than mike bell and lynell hamilton in pass protection and in catching the ball out of the backfield. there was talk all over the messageboards yesterday and the day before because drew brees actually said that he would love to have LT in the black and gold. he even asked the question yesterday on his twitter "who thinks LT should come to N.O." it makes alot of sense it we can get him for about 2mil like we got sharper last season.

its not porter or sharper you need to replace. its *** or jenkins. *** only had 1 int last year and 1 FF including playoffs and he only has 6 INTs in his career. cromartie was the best nickelback in the game in 2007 while recording

10 ints during the regular season
2 ints during the playoffs
2 ints during the probowl

he may not be as good on the outside but at nickle he has more size and playmaking ability than *** and more speed than jenkins.

as far as gholston is concerned, i'd like to bring him in if he gets cut or for a seventh rounder to compete with jeff charleston. you're not going to find athletes as talented as gholston in the seventh round. he did set the single season sack record at ohio state when he wasn't playing linebacker.

do you think that the 3-4 is for every college DE like charles grant and will smith too?
Mike Bell and Lynell Hamilton are rarely in for pass plays because how good Bush and PT are, its not a knock on those guys.

Personally I would like AC, but not for another above a 4th. This draft is deep and I want as many picks as possible. I hate G ay and believe he is a weak link, and if Jenkins goes to FS I don't like him enough to be our 3rd.

LDT no. He wouldn't be more then a celebrity appearence here.

Gholston? Idk if we get him I won't complain, and if we don't get him I am not upset.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

From Jeff Duncan (Times-Picayune writer):

Saints have tendered offers to 13 RFAs: Ayodele; Hargrove; J.Brown; R.Harper, Reis; U.Young; Mitchell; L.Moore; Roby; D.Thomas & P.Thomas...

Did not tender Jahri Evans. Word is they are working on a long term deal for him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-26-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Saints have tendered offers to 13 RFAs: Ayodele; Hargrove; J.Brown; R.Harper, Reis; U.Young; Mitchell; L.Moore; Roby; D.Thomas & P.Thomas...

Did not tender Jahri Evans. Word is they are working on a long term deal for him.
if they get the jahri deal done and somehow resign sharper it would be awesome.

I have a feeling hartley and fujita get resigned as well

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints place 1st & 3rd round tender on Jammal Brown, 1st round on Roman Harper, 2nd round on Pierre Thomas.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Saints place 1st & 3rd round tender on Jammal Brown, 1st round on Roman Harper, 2nd round on Pierre Thomas.
I'm really liking this a lot.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints have also tendered a 2nd rounder to Jermon Bushrod.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-27-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

But the key is to GET EVANS BACK!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only reason they havent tendered him is cuz they think they can get a proper deal done prolly, cant think of another reason tbqh

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-27-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Around this time there is usually a FA that I want the Saints to go after. Earlier I was wanting Omar Gaither, WLB for the Eagles. I liked him as a prospect coming out of Tennessee and he played excellent when he was put in a starters role in Philly. However, with the CBA the way it is he is now an RFA so that's out of the window (unless we want to give up a 5th round pick, which we don't have).

Now, my attention has fallen on one player: DE Aaron Kampman. There is speculation that we might be releasing Charles Grant due to his inconsistency on the field and history of injury concerns. Kampman is the type of player that would flourish in Williams' scheme and fit the mold of a cast-off (not that we need someone to fit that mold). Kampman is a monster off the edge and would significantly increase our pass rush from our front four.

If it comes at the cost of not re-signing Darren Sharper then so be it. I would rather Kampman over Sharper because pressure from the front four makes your secondary look better. If we could sign both then that would be a major coup but I don't see that happening.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-27-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

yeah id like kampman as well

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-27-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd like to get kampman too, but we would have to lose someone first before we can sign someone, so i feel the only way we would get him would be if we lost sharper, which i think is something we could do.
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odd to see Pierre get a second round tender and Harper get the first. They may want someone to bite on it and get a 2nd rounder for him.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Am I the only one thinking Kapman is older and had a major injury and wouldn't want? I guess so :(
Old 02-28-2010, 02:51 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Am I the only one thinking Kapman is older and had a major injury and wouldn't want? I guess so :(
Am I the only one thinking Drew Brees, Jeremy Shockey, and Jonathan Vilma were in the same boat?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-28-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest fear this off-season is losing Jahri Evans. Already one of the best guards in the NFL, I wonder why we didn't tender him.. really hope there is a long term deal being worked out... It would be a huge blow to our O-line if we lost him.

I have a feeling Sharper won't be back. It seems like the team is reluctant to give him the kind of money he wants, and someone out there might be willing to shell out some dough his way.

We'll lose one of our Left Tackles, depends whether or not a team wants to go after Jammal Brown... if not Bushrod might draw some offers. I'm fine either way... even though Brown is the stronger player Bushrod showed he could get the job done this year and he's still young and can improve more.

Basically I'm hoping we can get the majority of our FA's re-signed (especially Jahri, Pierre Thomas), keep most of our team in tact.. and then focus on the draft.