Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-28-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Am I the only one thinking Drew Brees, Jeremy Shockey, and Jonathan Vilma were in the same boat?
Touche' on the remark back, but I just don't see Kampman fitting in here well, especially with alot of teams eyeing him. We won't be able to give the type of contract he wants, and I guess its just a personal reason that he wouldn't help out as much as others might think.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't be pissed if Jammal Brown leaves and we get a 1st and 3rd for him, that's for sure.

Jahri better get resigned. This is the first year in Peyton's tenure that the run blocking was outstanding, and Evans and Nicks are the biggest reasons.

Really liking the big backs in this class, really looks like we can get a high quality guy if we were to lose some HBs.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont want to spend a pick on a back though, id be fine going into next season with hamilton, bush and thomas, more than fine

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone signs Pierre to a big deal we don't match, we'd almost have to take a back though.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jep but thats a hypothetical situation, dont think thatll happen

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I know if I was starved for a RB, I'd give up a second rounder for Pierre Thomas.

Think about it, would you take any runners in the second round(say San Diego targeting one) or would you give up that pick for PT?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I know if I was starved for a RB, I'd give up a second rounder for Pierre Thomas.

Think about it, would you take any runners in the second round(say San Diego targeting one) or would you give up that pick for PT?
I hope we keep PT. I love having the option to rotate guys in. The only reason I don't think someone would give up a 2nd for him is because we didn't use him in a role where he got 20-25 carries a game. Teams may not want to give the 2nd to a guy who may not be able to carry the load for a complete game. He might have the ability to do so, but teams may be up in the air with it. I hope we keep him for a while because he has been for sure our best runner, and I'd much rather have him then need to draft someone new.
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is going to give up a 2nd for PT nor a 1st/3rd for Jammal Brown.

This is a very deep draft class and teams that are targeting an OT or RB can draft one instead of having to give up a pick for one, or two if they want Brown.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Am I the only one thinking Drew Brees, Jeremy Shockey, and Jonathan Vilma were in the same boat?
I agree. I also think Kampman would be a great fit.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think anyone is going to give up a 2nd for PT nor a 1st/3rd for Jammal Brown.

This is a very deep draft class and teams that are targeting an OT or RB can draft one instead of having to give up a pick for one, or two if they want Brown.
Think about if for someone like SD though. Jonathan Dwyer, Ben Tate, or Pierre Thomas...?

Hope we keep him though :D
Old 03-02-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read that we tendered Jahri Evans for a 1st & 3rd. He's our #1 FA priority imo. We can't let him go ANYWHERE.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

If Eric Berry slips into the teens, we better be burning up the phones to trade up.

He won't though :(
Old 03-02-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
If Eric Berry slips into the teens, we better be burning up the phones to trade up.

He won't though :(
We'd have a better chance of landing Taylor Mays...
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
We'd have a better chance of landing Taylor Mays...
Would we do the new WLB argument people are saying though?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Would we do the new WLB argument people are saying though?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Inquisitive I know!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jahri Evans on the verge of new deal with Saints

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Saints are on the verge of making Evans one of the highest-paid guards in NFL history, and that a deal could come any day now.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-05-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Jahri Evans on the verge of new deal with Saints

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Saints are on the verge of making Evans one of the highest-paid guards in NFL history, and that a deal could come any day now.
He definitely deserves it. Him and Nicks could become one of the best pair of guards to play in the NFL if we keep them both for a while. That is if we don't eventually move Nicks to Tackle which he probably has to ability to play as well.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Orleans Saints free agent linebacker Scott Fujita is scheduled to visit Cleveland

Free agent linebacker Scott Fujita is scheduled to visit the Cleveland Browns on Saturday, according to a league source.

This comes as a bit of a surprise, considering the Saints' starting strongside linebacker has made it clear that he and his family consider New Orleans home, and the Saints clearly hold their veteran leader in high regard. But apparently they haven't agreed on the price range that it would take to keep him locked up.

Apparently the Saints are willing to let Fujita test the market, just like fellow free agent safety Darren Sharper.

No word yet on any scheduled visits for Sharper. Stay tuned.

Source: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ree_agent.html

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

This Jahri Evans needs to hurry up and get done! Definitely the #1 priority of the offseason imo.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints re-sign free agent safety Pierson Prioleau to one-year deal
Saints keep Leckey, Prioleau

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 03-06-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Saints re-signed backup offensive lineman Nick Leckey.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Mike Bell scheduled to visit with the Seahawks early next week, possibly Monday, source said.

Signature made by me

Old 03-06-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hope that we can pick up shaun rogers or jamal williams.
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Did we tender him? If so does anyone know what the compensation would be?