Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Fujita left...
I was referring to the "opening when Charles Grant left"
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Anyway, I don't know who to go after now. All of my top targets have been signed.
I'm now wondering if this is because we didn't make enough offers, our offers weren't good enough or because we are waiting to snag some end of FA bargains.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Pick6TheSaintWay
Rookie

Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pick6TheSaintWay hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone have any updates on Lenard Little? I heard he was supposed to visit but didn't hear anything about it since.
Pick6TheSaintWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

We better have a great Draft. Becouse we were still hungover from the greatest day in our beloved Saints history to make any FA moves. We better at least sign our restricted FA.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say it also has to deal with the fact that someone we sign cant exceed a certain amount of money, since we was one of the last four right? But if we get either picks or our RFA, I would be really happy, and having Sharper back is icing. In the draft I really believe we won't stay at 32 at all.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the Saints are going with the Jamarcus Russell method this offseason...sit back and do nothing. I know we are limited with free agency and mess but i have heard absolutely nothing from the Saints besides they are working on a monster deal for Evans, and Sharper is still a free agent.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I have been rather displeased with our off-season. I wasn't expecting us to go sign 20 people, but something would have been nice.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Yeah, I have been rather displeased with our off-season. I wasn't expecting us to go sign 20 people, but something would have been nice.
I think as final four the saints are pretty heavily rejected this offseason though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Eagles have agreed to terms with running back Mike Bell on a one-year deal worth $1.7 million. The offer includes $500,000 in guaranteed money.

The deal also includes incentives that could push the total value to over $2 million.

Because the Saints tendered Bell at the lowest level, they have only a right to match the offer -- and they'll get no compensation if they don't.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Eagles have agreed to terms with running back Mike Bell on a one-year deal worth $1.7 million. The offer includes $500,000 in guaranteed money.

The deal also includes incentives that could push the total value to over $2 million.

Because the Saints tendered Bell at the lowest level, they have only a right to match the offer -- and they'll get no compensation if they don't.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
I was thinking along the same lines, LOL

Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking along the same lines, LOL
What if we lose Hargrove for a 3rd, that would be prety awesome huh?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

WWL-TV is reporting that free agent running back Justin Fargas is in New Orleans for a visit with the Saints.

This i like.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
WWL-TV is reporting that free agent running back Justin Fargas is in New Orleans for a visit with the Saints.

This i like.
If its close to Mike Bell contract, I don't.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If its close to Mike Bell contract, I don't.
Im sure its cheaper. They should keep bell is its close. JF is a good back if he stays healthy he could be an asset. But i also think Hamilton is ready to fill that gap anyway.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-17-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
What if we lose Hargrove for a 3rd, that would be prety awesome huh?
If we used that 3rd rounder to get a Geno Atkins or a Cam Thomas I'd be OK with it.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we used that 3rd rounder to get a Geno Atkins or a Cam Thomas I'd be OK with it.
Same here but I know what Hargrove produces and he's versatile along the defensive front. I don't want to lose him at all.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same here but I know what Hargrove produces and he's versatile along the defensive front. I don't want to lose him at all.
I concur. I really love the mentality that Hargrove brings to our team.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I concur. I really love the mentality that Hargrove brings to our team.
I like Hargrove. He played very well and fits or team mold well.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Mike Bell is headed to Philadelphia after the Saints chose not to match an offer sheet the restricted free agent signed with the Eagles, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

So now we have to FA's gone so that means we need to pick through the scraps that are still out there and sign somebody.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Mike Bell is headed to Philadelphia after the Saints chose not to match an offer sheet the restricted free agent signed with the Eagles, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

So now we have to FA's gone so that means we need to pick through the scraps that are still out there and sign somebody.
I was thinking... we need a OLB... why not try for Thomas Howard from Oakland. We would have to give up a 2nd, but he would be worth it. Incredible speed and power, he would fit nicely into GW attacking scheme.

But then I think about how I don't have a say in the matter, and that makes me sad :(
Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some info I got off twitter

Source: DT Anthony Hargrove will sign tender offer tomorrow. Deal is worth 1yr/1.2M.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post

Source: DT Anthony Hargrove will sign tender offer tomorrow. Deal is worth 1yr/1.2M.
I'm very torn on this. On one side I'd love to have him back as I can see him making a big impact for us. On the other hand, that early third rounder is intriguing.

In other news...

New Orleans Saints get visit from running back Jamal Lewis

Running back Jamal Lewis, who was released by Cleveland in February, visited with the Saints this week, according to team officials. It does not appear the New Orleans Saints have made any formal offer to him.

Source

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Apparently the Jamal Lewis visit went really well, and Lions may add a "poison pill" into the contract for Anthony Hargrove so that the Saints can't match.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/Source-H...-89876072.html

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote