Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-10-2010, 07:35 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
If Brandon Graham is on the board then definitely.
not that i had any thoughts otherwise but picking graham almost forces the saints to pick D for the next few rounds as well, graham doesnt offer much against the run (not as little as grant but still not a lot) so I think Id think that two of the next three picks would HAVE to be either 2 linebackers or a linebacker and a DT, but then again, thats what I would want to do anyway so I wouldnt have trouble with that

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does GW even use undersized de?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Does GW even use undersized de?
Listen to what he says about stopping the run...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
Listen to what he says about stopping the run...

What I meant by undersized was I thought Graham was 6'0, which he is 6'1. But yeah Brown is 6'3 but its all gooooooooooodddddddd

btw im on my 4th sparks in less then an hour. im feeling good.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Yea man, I just linked this here after listening to it.. He talks near the end of the interview about stopping the run.

He says "I'm going to play the run. They're not going to run the ball to my side. And I'm saying that now…and if they do pop one on me during the year, I know we will come back to this interview. I don't care about pressure, I put pressure on myself. They're not going to run the ball to that left side, if I am in there…no way."

love it.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Who Dat Nation : 04-11-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ee_agents.html
Got Thomas back with Bushrod and Oydele. I think we take care of our TE problem, but thats just me.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors are starting to heat up that Jammal Brown will be trading in the coming weeks.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rumors are starting to heat up that Jammal Brown will be trading in the coming weeks.
If we do, there is no way we get less than a mid round 3rd value for him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read two tweets from Michael Schottey, who works at BleacherReport (not the most creditable source, I know) that said this:

Just hearing that Robinson was picked with something else in mind than him ever putting on a Saints jersey.

And I think J Brown could be wearing a 'skins jersey soon as well, just because T Williams has the upside but isn't an LT now

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-23-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what would happen with robinson cuz if they can somehow get something out of this id be more happy

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any interest in Haynesworth from our FO? If Wash. wants brown maybe a trade around those 2 could be worked out. Him and big Sed would be nasty I think.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

please just ship robinson if you guys still can, cmon you can do it mickey

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-02-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a list of upcoming mini camp (in bold) and OTA dates.

May 7-9 (rookies)
May 25-28,
June 4-6
June 7-10,
June 14-17

Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just read two tweets from Michael Schottey, who works at BleacherReport (not the most creditable source, I know) that said this:

Just hearing that Robinson was picked with something else in mind than him ever putting on a Saints jersey.

And I think J Brown could be wearing a 'skins jersey soon as well, just because T Williams has the upside but isn't an LT now
Yep, I was hearing the same thing as well but that rumored died down weeks ago.

I think on the surface it was going to be Patrick Robinson & Jammal Brown for Albert Haynesworth & Rocky McIntosh.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post

I think on the surface it was going to be Patrick Robinson & Jammal Brown for Albert Haynesworth & Rocky McIntosh.
Seems like the deal would have made both teams immediately better.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-03-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

sharper is back, gives jenkins a year to learn the position

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

btw this makes the robinson pick even worse in my book

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

Quote:
Seems like the deal would have made both teams immediately better.
No kidding! Who was the loser who failed to pull the trigger on that one.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I really did not think Sharper was going to re-sign with us.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the contract numbers out because it really seems like he had no other options.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew he was coming back. He said he wanted to be here, and didn't seem sincere in his other visits, he was just posturing.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
btw this makes the robinson pick even worse in my book
I don't see it like that at all. It's a one-year rental, when Sharper is done after next season #27 will move to FS.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't see it like that at all. It's a one-year rental, when Sharper is done after next season #27 will move to FS.
#27 will already move to FS prolly but we are set with the starting corners, nickel corners and either young or jenkins can be the dime whilst the other mans fs. In my book it makes no sense wasting a first rounder on a guy who is somewhere low in such a rotation.

edit: for instance I dont see how robinson is going to have more of an influence in the upcoming 3-4 years than a guy like brandon ghee would have, and he could have been drafted in the third

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

He was, to our FO, the second best corner in the draft and the value they got for him at #32 was not going to be passed up on regardless of what anyone else thought about it.