Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 07-19-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, which rookie do you guys think will have the biggest impact in Year 1?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

toon, i dont think any of the others will see the field much at all

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks signed first among our draft picks and I have heard has been doing well in OTA's/camp. That doesn't mean I disagree about Toon though.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints and punter Thomas Morstead have agreed to a 6 year extension
http://www.wwltv.com/sports/black-an...306.html?can=n

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Saints and punter Thomas Morstead have agreed to a 6 year extension
http://www.wwltv.com/sports/black-an...306.html?can=n
Now we need to get Bushrod and Graham under contract. preferably Grahama first.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Payton pic in the facility. Love it he's with us all year!

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Here's a pic of the Steve Gleason statue "Rebirth"

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-03-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First pre-season action HOF game coming up in a few days. Here's a recap of what I got from training camp, mainly from reports, friends that's went.

- Jimmy Graham is even more monstrous than he was last season if that's possible, he's more ripped, and pretty much uncoverable in coverage. The only thing that can stop him is if he has a lapse in concentration and drops one.

- There's been a pretty big battle between the young gun WR's. Arrington - Toon - Morgan. With Arrington having the edge thus far, he's looked impressive in every practice and is making big time catches. Toon was catching up with some really nice plays but unfortunately he injured his ankle, which will set him back a bit. Morgan has been the most inconsistent of the bunch looking great one day, but then following up with a poor day. He needs to step it up and do well in the pre-season games.

- Early on in the week the Defense clearly had the upper hand in practices, but later on the Offense has looked more crisp and has been moving the ball up and down the field.

- Kind of hard to say with Limited contact, and no actual hitting of the QB, but the Defensive Line has over all looked good, and is getting solid, consistent pressure most downs. Cam Jordan especially looks impressive going into year 2.

Also Spags is a very calming but stern Coach. More about teaching, than yelling and is very detail oriented, similar to what Sean Payton was on the Offensive side of things.

- Both starting Corners Robinson & Greer have been out with injury. Shoulder/Groin but both should be back in time for regular season. However I would not be that worried if either should miss some regular season time, as Jonny Patrick, and Marquis Johnson have stepped in and done a fantastic job, making plays to break up Drew Brees passes in 11-on-11's.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roby looked great against the Pats. Canfield looked like crap imo and except for the int, I liked what Chase Daniel did.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints announce that they've waived/injured CB AJ Davis and OL Andrew Tiller and waived LB Nate Bussey.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-15-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

**** ALS. I just read this tweet from Steve Gleason: "this is officially my 1st tweet using my eyes **** ALS SG"

This just breaks my heart, guys. This really sucks. I had been meaning to but kept putting it off but not anymore. Right after reading that I went over to his site and bought a #NoWhiteFlags shirt to support his organization.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-18-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Saints lose LB Chris Chamberlain for season after ACL tear: http://bit.ly/PvTEBB

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation

Quote:
Saints lose LB Chris Chamberlain for season after ACL tear: http://bit.ly/PvTEBB
Sucks. Plain and simple. Chamberlain looked like he has some promise with the Saints this season.

Plus, both David Hawthorne and Curtis Lofton are also nicked up. So that's all the projected starters down with injury.

And if that wasn't enough, back-up Ramon Humber is out for the first three games of the season due to a drug-related suspension from the NFL.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if the Saints go out and sign one, if not two, more linebackers, even after hearing of last night's acquisition of former Seahawks linebacker Barrett Ruud.

(Source: ESPN's Pat Yaskinsas: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...k-in-nfc-south)

Ruud, should be a familiar face for Saints fans, as he used to be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. Most likely, he will fill in for Lofton while he recovers from his high ankle sprain.

Sadly, though, Ruud is only solid, not spectacular. And unfortunately, I don't know who else is out there in free agency.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An addendum to my previous post, the Saints have also added depth to their wide receiver corps, signing veteran wideout Greg Camarillo.

Camarillo was signed as insurance as Adrian Arrington's injury has kept him out of preseason action, Andy Tanner severely injured his ankle against the Jacksonville Jaguars and 2012 fourth round draft selection Nick Toon has an injured foot.

Although the Saints do still have Joe Morgan and Courtney Roby both on the roster, and one of the best wide receiver units in the NFL with Marques Colston, Lance Moore and Devery Henderson along with two great receivers in their own right, tight end Jimmy Graham and running back Darren Sproles, I applaud the signing of Camarillo.

After losing Robert Meachem to the Chargers in free agency, it was a question of who would step up to the starting rotation.

Right now, it looks like it's going to be Camarillo. And if not, he will definitely help push both Morgan and Roby to see if they are worth their salt.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 08-21-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Andy Tanner has really been a joy to watch in the pre-season but I'm not sure how quickly he can return from what are usually fickle ankle injuries. Nick Toon, for being a highly anticipated rookie, has had his college nemesis, a foot injury, return to significantly limit his snaps and time with the Saints offense.

What would be best for the Saints in the long-term is to put both on IR. It's not ideal but it shouldn't hinder the New Orleans offense this year. Keep those two in the organization, without letting either risk being signed by another team by placing them on waivers to go on the practice squad, and let them join next year when Sean Payton returns.

Joe Morgan and Greg Camarillo would make the team in that scenario which isn't and shouldn't be a detriment to the Saints passing game. Camarillo is a solid veteran that Brees worked with all summer. Morgan has undeniably great speed and can make players on special teams and be the type of downfield receiver that can stretch defenses.

Colston, Moore, Henderson, Roby, Camarillo, Morgan is a solid 6 of receivers and, along with Jimmy Graham, should keep the Saints passing game ticking. Next year, Tanner and Toon would be in a situation to replace Henderson and Camarillo, if he is giving another chance to make the roster.

I don't know if the Saints will go this route but it would be the most prudent in my opinion.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Cadet?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thoughts on Cadet?
Love him. He's a tough runner, can catch out of the back field, always gives 110%, and Brees and Pierre Thomas have taken the time to mentor him. I think he gets the roster spot over Chris Ivory.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Love him. He's a tough runner, can catch out of the back field, always gives 110%, and Brees and Pierre Thomas have taken the time to mentor him. I think he gets the roster spot over Chris Ivory.
I have also enjoyed watching cadet this pre-season, but that is going to be a tough pill to swallow if it means losing Ivory.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Andy Tanner has really been a joy to watch in the pre-season but I'm not sure how quickly he can return from what are usually fickle ankle injuries. Nick Toon, for being a highly anticipated rookie, has had his college nemesis, a foot injury, return to significantly limit his snaps and time with the Saints offense.

What would be best for the Saints in the long-term is to put both on IR. It's not ideal but it shouldn't hinder the New Orleans offense this year. Keep those two in the organization, without letting either risk being signed by another team by placing them on waivers to go on the practice squad, and let them join next year when Sean Payton returns.

Joe Morgan and Greg Camarillo would make the team in that scenario which isn't and shouldn't be a detriment to the Saints passing game. Camarillo is a solid veteran that Brees worked with all summer. Morgan has undeniably great speed and can make players on special teams and be the type of downfield receiver that can stretch defenses.

Colston, Moore, Henderson, Roby, Camarillo, Morgan is a solid 6 of receivers and, along with Jimmy Graham, should keep the Saints passing game ticking. Next year, Tanner and Toon would be in a situation to replace Henderson and Camarillo, if he is giving another chance to make the roster.

I don't know if the Saints will go this route but it would be the most prudent in my opinion.
Agree wholeheartedly. And let's not forget, the waterbug Jack-of-all-trades Darren Sproles. It's like having a potential touchdown possible every time he's on the field. He, along with our other backs (not so much Ivory), is so great at catching passes either in the flat or out of the slot.

So add him to that solid six-pack of receivers and we're set for the season.

Now, only if we had the Saints Dome Patrol on the defensive side of the ball... *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I have also enjoyed watching cadet this pre-season, but that is going to be a tough pill to swallow if it means losing Ivory.
Agree, but Travaris Cadet does so much (running inside, outside, blocking, catching passes AND he can PASS!) -- as much as I'd hate to lose Ivory... Cadet would actually be an upgrade.

One thing the Saints could, *could* do is sign Cadet to a big contract and put him on the practice squad. That way, if another team *coughDallascough* tries to lure him away, they would have to spend more than New Orleans' offer.

Problem is, the Saints don't have that much space under the cap at this point. And since we don't know how much of middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma's contract the team will be on the hook for this coming season (or even next) that could be a problem.

Heard him on the local news talking about he's willing to be just a headhunter on special teams if that's how he makes the team. Sounds like a classy individual. That said, I hope he makes it in the NFL, even if it's not with the Saints.

Just as long as it's not with the Falcons.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cadet vs Ivory continues... Both of them looked good this weekend. Gonna be a tough choice if it boils down to 1 or the other.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cadet vs Ivory continues... Both of them looked good this weekend. Gonna be a tough choice if it boils down to 1 or the other.
expect a lot of calls for the guys who doesnt make it to be honest

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow both Cadet, and Ivory made the final 53. So we are carrying 5 running backs in Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory, and Travaris Cadet.

A little unorthodox, however the Saints have stated they don't like to give up good players so if there's a way to squeeze someone on the roster they'll find it. Plus Cadet offers a ton of utility with his Special Teams ability.

Also for WRs we have 6 at this moment Colston/Henderson/Moore/Arrington/Roby/Morgan. With Toon on IR.

but yeah there had to have been some intense discussions among the staff as some difficult decisions were to be made.

I really feel like this is our deepest, most talented roster we've ever had, and it could have been even better. Imagine if Vilma wasn't suspended for the whole year, and Will Smith, Humber didn't have to serve suspensions. Shame that CB Marquis Johnson, and Nick Toon went on IR, but I guess that just saves them for next year.

Plus it seems like we have a number of talented guys on standby that Loomis can call upon in case of injury. Camarillo, Kasay, Higgins, provided no team picks them up.

Last edited by Auron : 08-31-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/no...ctions?month=8

I'm sad we cut Tennant. I hope we end up at least signing him to the practice squad.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/no...ctions?month=8

I'm sad we cut Tennant. I hope we end up at least signing him to the practice squad.
I believe New England, signed Tennant to their active roster.

I'm not too, too surprised at Tennant's departure he had a golden opportunity to seize the Center spot when Kreutz was struggling and left the team last year, and for whatever reason he just didn't seize it and De La Puenta beat him out. This year I guess he just didn't impress in camp, and the Staff liked Olsen better.

I wish him the best, maybe he'll mature into his potential with another team but he just didn't pan out for us.

Last edited by Auron : 09-01-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, I knew he wouldn't be unsigned for any prolonged period of time.